Found Sounds

Anything music related. Latest songs, good new bands, and blasts from the past.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Re: Found Sounds

Post by Shrykespeare »

Donte:

1. You have to use the "youtube" button, not just the "url" button.
2. Use the pure YouTube address, without the word "cookie" in the middle and without the "=related" at the end.

That's all.

For today, another forgotten alternative song from the "Madchester" scene of the early 90's. The name of the band comes from the slang term from taking LSD and ecstasy at the same time. (If you like this song, check out their cover of "Strawberry FIelds Forever".)

Candy Flip, "Redhills Road"

Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Probably not that unknown, but this is what I've been listening to lately:

Tapes N Tapes, "Insistor"

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

The foreigners probably know of this band, but in the states I am pretty sure they are unknown. One of their weirdest but most talented bands vocally I've ever heard, they almost always incorporate sounds from childrens toys in their songs..

At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Minus the 20 minutes of silence.

Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

Spindrift - If You Don't Like It (Get the Fuck Out)

Go see these guys if they come through your neighborhood. One of the best live shows I've seen. Also, keep an eye out for The Black Angels and Black Mountain performing on a double-bill in the very near future.
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

For today, I've got a song by a psychedelic pop quinted formed in Oxford, England in 1990.

The Candy Skings, "Submarine Song"

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Only just started to catch up on some of the songs on this thread. So far I found The Index to be pretty cool but a little repetative, Shryke has blown me away a little with Adorable and The Afghan Whigs (man I haven't listened to that band in years) - where was this decent taste in your top 100. Instead we got yodelling! Bec's Frank Jordan song was decent, but much more interesting was the fact it introduced me to a new website which played music from bands I have an interest in. Didn't really get into either of The Real Heroes songs, while The Good Looks were far too Iggy for my liking (the first song sounded like a complete rip off of Nightclubbing). And then someone posted a great track by Flipper. That guy obviously has great taste...

Today I give you another couple of bands I've been listening to a little over the last couple of days, first up is Dogs, with a song which probably won't grab many of you and six will probably dump it as one of my college rock anomaly's but I do like the dirtyness of this song with some cool guitars.

Dogs - Tuned To A Different Station

Next up is a song from a cool little band with some nice Pixies-esque guitars. Shame their follow up to the record this was from never really reached these heights again.

Stellastar* - Jenny

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

check out this early single from The Who. it was new-to-me, so I figured it might be new to some of y'all as well.

it's groovy. sounds like the Yardbirds.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Cocorosie and the Black KEys are certianly no found sounds over here, but I'll let you both away with it ;)

Here's some neon-infused indie electro, coutesy of little-known French act Colder, who released two records in the last decade and pretty much faded away

Colder - Silicone Sexy

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

Thanks Shrykey, that was waaay easier than I was making it. Copying embed code and trying that in the youtube button and the URL button.

Anyway, a song I found on Pandora and cannnot find much else by this band. They don't even have a wiki page and I am pretty sure that means they are a figment of my imagination. The song is especially appropriate given the subject matter of movies.

Hurts to Purr - Matinee

"I highly suspected I was becoming a legend." Ignatius J. Riley

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Style parody.

Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

just got the complete series on sale for $39.95.... i NEVER get tired of this song

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

This gentleman was the lead singer of a band called The Plimsouls, and was also a member of the SF-based punk band The Nerves.

Peter Case, "Dream About You"

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

Missing you guys lately, I haven't been able to be around much lately, and starting a 3 day a week crossfit class tomorrow so I fear my availability won't be getting any better...

Here is a great upbeat song from a canadian band I loved when I was in my teens. The album this was on had about 30+ minutes extended on after the last song with a hilarious story all acted out radio theatre style, good stuff.
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Finally got an afternoon of leisure to listen to most of these songs. Really enjoyed most of them so keep em coming. Especially liked Spindrift, Cocorosie, Dogs, Colder, and Stellarstar*.

Here's a band from Sydney whose album I've been enjoying lately. Their latest song (Broken Leg) was quite popular here last year but this one from a couple of years ago is my favourite. Enjoy the song and laugh at the video. I give you Bluejuice with a song called Vitriol.

And another Aussie band who have done the hard yards of years of playing live before getting some recognition - Faker - "Sleepwalking". it was a tough choice between this and "Hurricane" as which to better display their talents, so if you have a chance check that one out too.