Found Sounds

Anything music related. Latest songs, good new bands, and blasts from the past.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: Found Sounds

Post by Buscemi »

Heard this in a trailer for a foreign film.

Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

No one except Busc has posted a song since mine last week so I'll try and keep it going on my own. Here's a song by possibly the first anarcho-political punk band. Maybe not a found but a forgotten sound. This you tube video also has the lyrics.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Here is a track from the new album of a little band I recently discovered. Don't know how well known they are over in the States, but I quite dig them.

J Roddy Walston and The Business, "Don't Get Old"

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Oh God, I remember Crass, my college roommate made me listen to one of their albums. And we are now no longer friends.

For today, here's a group fronted by Rob Dickinson, who just happens to be Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson's cousin.

If you like this song, check out their songs "Black Metallic" and "Crank".

Catherine Wheel, "Judy Staring at the Sun"

Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Apologies guys for the lack of comments on songs. The songs I did enjoy were The Candy Skins, Crass, Tapes N Tapes (I love their first album, was bored by their second), the Brain Candy song NSpan posted, and Bluejuice.

My post today is another lesser-known post-punk act, known as 23 Skidoo. Their music got increasingly abstract and politically motivated, adding a dash of afrobeat to their cold, harsh minimalist sound. The song below, Last Words, is one of their earlier and more enjoyable songs. So enjoy!

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Shrykespeare wrote:Oh God, I remember Crass, my college roommate made me listen to one of their albums. And we are now no longer friends.

For today, here's a group fronted by Rob Dickinson, who just happens to be Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson's cousin.

If you like this song, check out their songs "Black Metallic" and "Crank".

Catherine Wheel, "Judy Staring at the Sun"
You're no longer friends because he made you listen to a Crass album? I hope you'll forgive me for posting one of their songs then? It was only one. :D

Similarly my ex housemate (who is still a close friend) used to listen to Catherine Wheel a lot. I never knew about the Iron Maiden connection. Black Metallic is their best song I reckon.

Liked the 23 Skidoo song Six. Had quite a bit going on in it.

Here's a change of pace from my other selections, a piece of modern Australian folk from a couple of years ago. This is Lior with Autumn Flow.

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

Love Catherine Wheel. My fave is Phantom of an American Mother. Had no idea he was related to Iron Maiden's Dickinson. Nice pedigree. ;)

Really liked the Business, SS. Great sound. Had me tapping and bopping.

Crass was ok. I don't really like the punk genre. At about the 4 minute mark it changed into a different song and I liked that last part of it. I have to admit it could be the longest punk song ever recorded. Most of them are about 95 seconds long.

23 Skidoo was ok just not quite for me. I did like the afrobeat addition though just didn't like the singer.

I really liked Lior. Nice peaceful song that put a smile on my face. Thanks Stu.
"I highly suspected I was becoming a legend." Ignatius J. Riley

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

Great acoustic singer/songwriter. Saw him open for Anna Nalick a few years ago. Been a fan ever since.

Eliot Morris - Infancy of Us

"I highly suspected I was becoming a legend." Ignatius J. Riley

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

This was in a Halloween sequel.

Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Bought a few records yesterday, some bands I knew some I had been recommended of, but all sound decent so far. They consisted of Ok Go's new record, The Twilight Sad's Forget The Night Ahead, The Catherine Wheel's Happy Days, Beck's Sea Change and (courtesy of six) Bonnie Prince Billy's I See A Darkness.

On that note I'll introduce some of you to The Twilight Sad. They are starting to make a bit of a name for themselves but they may also be new to some of you. Anyone interested in My Bloody Valentine, The National, Mogwai etc should like them.

The Twilight Sad - I Became A Prostitute

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I don't understand the big deal about OK Go. Here It Goes Again is an annoying song and I'm surprised they had any hits after that.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Hope you enjoy I See A Darkness, SS.

And Boosch, people actually like OK Go's music? Wow, it's funny but no one I know has ever commented on their music- they're more like excuses for mental videos ;).

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Well Surfer bought their album. And Here It Goes Again actually got some airplay in the US (for some reason, it sounds like they say Here I Goes Again and/or Here We Goes Again).

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Here's a band that seemed off to a great start when the lead singer unexpectedly dropped dead of asthma-related heart failure at the age of 23. But the rest of the band soldiered on, and though they never really got the wide acclaim they had at the start, they're still together today.

Cause and Effect, "It's Over Now"

Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Yes guys, I think I am one of the few who still dig Ok Go. Their first record is phenomenally good pop music (with classics such as Get Over It), and I definitely think it inspired a lot of the groups which are big now. I'm not sure on this new album yet, it hasn't clicked with me the way their first two albums did, but I'll give it time.

I liked the swirling sound on the Cause And Effect track Shryke. It's definitely in keeping with your top 100 style, but it has more of a catchy edge I reckon, and I dug it.