Fantaverse Top 100 Songs INTERMISSION - Music Trends

Anything music related. Latest songs, good new bands, and blasts from the past.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Re: Fantaverse Top 100 Songs INTERMISSION - Music Trends

Post by silversurfer19 »

What do you guys listen to when in the car? Does your cd player have a MP3 hook up in it? I still use my cds when driving, as well as listening to them at home often too. It's only when I'm working on something and can't be bothered changing cds time after time that i plug my MP3 player into my speakers at home. And I still always read the album info, read lyrics etc, as well as look at the artwork when I pick up a new cd. It's just part and parcel of the routine of picking up cds for me. I go to the store, browse for a good hour or so, buy them, bring them home, spend an hour peeling off all the stickers and wrapping, then read all the inlays while listening to the cd. I have a very busy life...

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Don't have a car. Don't need one in the city. Whenever I get around to getting one I'll probably find some cheap way of connecting it my MP3 player. It's been a while since I actually listened to a CD. As for the artwork, yeah I look at it once but I don't return to it the way I used to cherish a new album.

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

My CD player in the car is MP3 compatible, and considering I have a 45 minute drive each way to and from work the car is where I do most of my music listening. I have had to restart my CD collection a few times now so only have about 400 CDs and about 500 albums on my computer. I use re-writable discs and burn albums from the computer to listen to in the car, probably about twice weekly. This week I have been listening to a compilation called something along the lines of The Greatest Post Punk A & B Sides that I recently acquired. Hadn't listened to it before but it has some great stuff on it that has been included on this countdown, including The Pop Group "We Are All Prostitutes", my Bauhaus pick, a different Gang Of Four song that wasn't either of the two selected (which was really good - I might have to get an album of theirs), an Echo & The Bunnymen song "Rescue" (I had forgotten how good this song was), Devo, Cure, Birthday Party etc. It also has some interesting songs by bands I had never even heard of before, eg Crispy Ambulance - a bad band name but I really liked the song, it had a Joy Division feel to it. Last week I had a Muse week and listened to about three of their albums.

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

I just ordered a bunch (for me anyway, not SS) of CDs from Amazon. Our local music selection is pretty slim; Best Buy's dwindling and dinky selection, Wal-Mart's crappy selection, and one Vintage Stock which sells a lot of used CD's or expensive new CD's. (I didn't buy Wilco the Album because it was $15.99 there). All of these CD's were songs from bands I had downloaded and then liked enough to give them some money.

I agree about the computer crash. I have my iTunes on my laptop and a copy on my portable 1TB hard drive that I update every month or so. If I lost all my music I would cry. Already did once last year when my computer motherboard and power supply died and had to re-rip about 20 CD's. So annoying.
"I highly suspected I was becoming a legend." Ignatius J. Riley

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me