RIP Dio

Anything music related. Latest songs, good new bands, and blasts from the past.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

NSpan
Frank Booth

RIP Dio

Post by NSpan »

On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: RIP Dio

Post by Buscemi »

Looks like Dio finally passed the torch. : (
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

An absoultey awful loss for the metal community. You will be missed sorely Dio RIP.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

I've said for a long time that the only celebrity death that actually affected me emotionally was that of George Harrison.... But I think Dio might be #2. One of the big reasons is that the last time I saw him perform (with Black Sabbath), he had AMAZING energy and stage-presence. He was a master of his craft. Not only was his voice still very strong, he had total COMMAND over that audience. Kate, who wasn't even familiar with the Dio-era setlist, ended up saying it was one of the best shows she's ever attended..

Unlike the two Ozzy-led Sabbath shows I've seen, I didn't leave feeling slightly underwhelmed. (The music was fucking INCREDIBLE both times, but Ozzy is a sad old sack of shit with absolutely NO stage presence left in those old bones).

I honestly thought Dio would stick around far longer than Ozzy and continue rocking until a dragon swept him away to Nevermore at the end of an encore performance.

:(

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

NSpan wrote:I've said for a long time that the only celebrity death that actually affected me emotionally was that of George Harrison.... But I think Dio might be #2. One of the big reasons is that the last time I saw him perform (with Black Sabbath), he had AMAZING energy and stage-presence. He was a master of his craft. Not only was his voice still very strong, he had total COMMAND over that audience. Kate, who wasn't even familiar with the Dio-era setlist, ended up saying it was one of the best shows she's ever attended..

Unlike the two Ozzy-led Sabbath shows I've seen, I didn't leave feeling slightly underwhelmed. (The music was fucking INCREDIBLE both times, but Ozzy is a sad old sack of shit with absolutely NO stage presence left in those old bones).

I honestly thought Dio would stick around far longer than Ozzy and continue rocking until a dragon swept him away to Nevermore at the end of an encore performance.

:(
Yeah I know this is old, I've been gone. LOL

Agreed, I saw Dio in Milwaukee and he was old and tiny and had the crowd so ramped up it was hilarious. That huge voice coming out of this little old guy was so great. He was all over the stage chanting and waving and running.

I have only seen Ozzy once, at Ozzfest and we left before the halfway point of his set once Pantera finished up. It was rather boring. He came onstage and sang, barely moved, and we said, "well, we have seen ozzy, let's go home."
"I highly suspected I was becoming a legend." Ignatius J. Riley

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me