Fantaverse Top 100 Songs of All Time (THREAD #5): #60-#51

Anything music related. Latest songs, good new bands, and blasts from the past.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

englishozzy
Clark Griswald

Re: Fantaverse Top 100 Songs of All Time (THREAD #5): #60-#51

Post by englishozzy »

Favourite songs i have heard before(and are/not on my list)
- Geezer - Blink 182 "Going Away to College"
- Geezer - Bob Dylan "The Times They Are A Changin"
- Geezer - Lost Prophets "Last Train Home"
- UDM - The Killers "Somebody Told Me"
- leestu - Pulp "Common People"
- leestu - REM "It's the End of the World As We Know It"
- Buscemi - Radiohead "Creep"
- transformers - Rise Against "Like the Angel"
- transformers - Muse "Stockholm Syndrome"
- banks - Gorillaz "Clint Eastwood"

Favourite songs i havn't heard befoe
- Silversurfer -Television "Marquee Moon"
- Nspan - The Kinks "Death of a Clown"
- Numbersix - Interpol "Hands Away"
- Nspan - The Toadies "Doll Skin"
- Shrykespeare - Lush "Last Night"

Geezer has probably produced more favourites for me out of this round. Nspan has introduced me to some pretty cool songs though. Look forwayrd to the next 50!!
"Then telephone for an axe"

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Song 57:

Shryke- I can't get into this band.

NSpan- bad Floyd.

Six- still a good song.

becs- very good song to just relax to. Enjoyed it.

UDM- it works inside the context of the film, but not outside.

leestu- awesome!

Boush- my god that was terrible!

Surfer- first, I made it to the end of a 9 minute song, so it couldn't have been bad. I loved the beat, but I couldn't care less about what she was saying.

tranny- not a bad song.

W- love it, oner of AC/DC's best!

Banks- everything that I hate about rap.

Ozzy- fucking great. Aerosmith's best.

Barca- I also hate this music for the most part, but that piano hook just gets me.

Ron- I don't know why I love it, but I really do. I don't like much else from them, but I love this one.

There we go, all caught up. Finally.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

Geez yes rap like this does exist!. I have a few rap tracks like that one coming up so stay tuned! To answer your 2nd question, Mainstream rap is so popular due to pure ignorance of mainstream culture. They eat up crap and the rappers with talent are left with only a small audience.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Taking a quick break from drinking Bintangs by the pool in Bali (it's raining today) to visit an internet cafe and catch up on all the comments. I will have to listen to the songs later, either at the very end, or when I get back home I will still have a week left off work so I'll see how I go with it. And even here on holidays I am missing listening and commenting each day. Proof I am addicted to this.
numbersix wrote: Again, Leetsu, you have won the round and my musical heart with your picks. Not a single bad pick in your last 10, and one or two will be posted again.
I guessed you would like most of them but there was a couple I was unsure of. Happy to be wrong. Although next round I am sure I have at least one you will hate. I can't do a preview but I actually have an emo song in my next batch.

I would also like to clarify that I wasn't saying "Strangeways, Here We Come" is one of their best albums. It is also my least liked of their 4 studio albums, BUT if you don't compare it to their others, and take it on it's own merits it is still a great album that would be in my theoretical top 50 albums of all time (the other 3 would all be higher). That is why I called it under-rated.

I have a lot more to say, but I don't have time, so just quickly:- Thank you Becs for posting "Personal Jesus" by DM. That is my favourite post 80s song of theirs that I was hoping would be one of Shrykes three DM songs. It was in and out and in and out....of my list when I was first compiling it, and is an example of how these lists can be different at different times. If I was to redo the list it would have a good chance of being on there.

And Six: in regards to Ian Curtis I did know it was around about the date of his death. The only two I always remember is Kurt Cobain was early April, and Ian Curtis was mid-May. But I don't remember the exact dates or years, so I didn't know it was the 30th anniversary. Anyway it is really great, and unexpected, to hear that people did commemerate that where you are.

All right I must go now as this has taken longer than I anticipated, so I will post again when I get home in a few days, or I might even get a chance to visit an internet cafe again. Who knows with holidays?

Oh, and Nspan, I got your high five. :D