Top 100 Songs of the Millennium (2000-2019) - #20-11

Anything music related. Latest songs, good new bands, and blasts from the past.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Re: Top 100 Songs of the Millennium (2000-2019) - #20-11

Post by silversurfer19 »

Round 12 thoughts

Not a great round for me, unfortunately. Glad someone picked Cloud Nothings to keep things awesome...

Chien, Benjamin Biolay - I apologise in advance, but while I appreciate the effort you have made in translating the lyrics, unfortunately it sounds like Europop, and dare I say I would not be surprised if it was a Eurovison entry. Not for me.

Geezer, The Menzingers - I like this one, it works with the change of pace and the guitar line is cool.

JohnErle, Jason Isbell - Heard of this guy a bit but never invested. Not sold yet, sounds very much like my idea of stereotypical singer songwriter with nothing musically standing out at all.

Leestu, My Chemical Romance - Preferred it when they were not quite so serious and attempting to create something epic. And the drastic switch from the intro just doesn't work. Not for me.

Nspan, The 88 - My daughter very much enjoyed this and spent a good few minutes dancing around to it. Has a nice britpop vibe, may explore further.

Ron, Radiohead - Unlike some, while I appreciate this record, I don't really LOVE it. Has its moments (particularly the reworking of live classic True Love Waits which has really grown on me), but at times it just doesn't click. This is one of the better songs, though I do think it works more as a piece within a movie score.

Screen, Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glynne - This is pretty popular over here and is featured on many an advert. Just not for me, though.

Shryke, Gorillaz - I'm surprised that this seems to be the most popular Gorillaz song on the countdown. Thought that would have fallen to something like Feel Good Inc. Still not a fan, especially of the vocals.

Six, Interpol - Got to admit, while I love Turn Out The Bright Lights, and this is a lovely mood piece, it felt like a lesser track on a superb album, and I often drift away for a minute with it. For me there are many more highlights on this record, many of which have already been featured on here. This may be one of the most represented records on the countdown now.

Tranny, Darkest Hour - Again, not a fan of the vocals, musically it rocked a little bit which was cool.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Leestu - Welcome to the Black Parade - Love this. It's the whole package - great voice, anthemic guitars... it's like reincarnated Queen song! 8.5/10

JohnErle - Songs That She Sang in the Shower - Wow. This was fantastic. Loved it. 8/10

Chien - Comment - LOVED the piano. This is another song I'd love to hear in English... I suspect I'd love it even more. One of your better French choices! 7.5/10

Ron B - Burn the Witch - I quite liked this, far more than most of the other Radiohead songs I've heard lately. 7/10

NSpan - Go Go Go - Catchy and fun. May give it another listen down the road. 7/10

Six - Hands Away - Good song, but not something I'm going to remember. 6.5/10

Geezer - Gates - The great lyrics notwithstanding, the music reminded me of the Gin Blossoms, a band I got tired of two albums in. 6/10

Screen - Rather Be - Not bad, but not that special either. 6/10

Tranny - Doomsayer - 38th verse, same as the first. 5.5/10

Surfer - Psychic Trauma - Not for me. 5/10
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Hate to do this since I"m missing two people's songs, but it's getting late.

Will probably start the 10-2 thread on Monday or Tuesday, give everyone a chance to catch up and get their final batch of songs in.

CHIEN

Antony and the Johnsons, Fistful of Love (2004)

The voice of Lou Reed opens this song. Every song should open with the voice of Lou Reed. I have listened to that Antony and the Johnsons album over and over back then. “Fistful of Love” has always been my favourite. There’s this softness in it, but when you think you have this song figured out, suddenly the brass appear, ready to explode. And the rhythm picks up, and this song that seemed so delicate is this ball of energy, but an energy full of soul. What a great song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgwp-iQenn4

GEEZER

Against Me!, We Did It All For Don (2001)

And to think I almost forgot to put this on my list. I had settled on my top 150 and already started putting in a rough order when I remembered this pretty obscure little acoustic track wasn't listed. That would have honestly been an unforgivable mistake and ruined the whole list. I chose to replace another Against Me! song, Sink Florida Sink that would have been outside the top 100 with this, that lands just outside the top 10. I have two stories related to this one. I'll never forget the first time I heard it. We were driving home one night from a show, my brother John, myself and a few of his friends. We had gone to see Off With Their Heads in a dirty, shitty basement show in Hartford, Connecticut because they cancelled their show that was scheduled for an actual venue after disputes with management and were cool enough to just crash a local punk house and play. It was one of the best nights of my life. I was still decently drunk off the backpack full of beers we brought in. My brother chose to put this song on in the car and holy shit was it just the perfect tune to encapsulate the moment. It stuck with me ever since and will always bring me right back to that night.

The second story comes from when I saw Laura Jane Grace do an acoustic set that doubled as a book tour before she released her book. She was playing songs with the band's drummer and reading excerpts from the book. This guy in the back kept screaming for her to play this song. Eventually she caved, said "Buy me a shot and I'll do it. Get me some Jameson." the dude obliged, and at the end of the show, I got to witness something special, as I've never heard the band play it in any of the other dozen or so shows I've seen them play. How I almost forgot to put this on my list I'll never know, but here it is and I hope it stirs up some good memories in all of you as well.

JOHNERLE

Sparks, She Got Me Pregnant (2008)

"Wham and bam and thank you sir was all that I would get from her"

I usually try to judge music on its own merits without any extraneous details, especially at first, but in Sparks' case I can't help but love everything about them. I love their album covers, their videos, their interviews, and Ron Mael's hilariously deadpan and creepy stage persona. I love the fact that they're brothers who've been working together and flying under most people's radar for as long as I've been alive, and their entire career is a testament to perseverance, brotherly loyalty, and a steadfast dedication to eccentricity. They seem to be on the verge of having a moment with glowing reviews for their forthcoming album, Annette on the horizon, and a documentary by Edgar Wright in post-production. If that moment arrives, I'll be so happy for them.

Also: Let the Monkey Drive, I Can’t Believe You Would Fall for All the Crap In This Song

LEESTU

IDLES, Colossus (2018)

IDLES have been one of my favourite new bands of the last few years with their first two albums, full of brutal, angry power but always with something meaningful to say, and a care, desire, and hope, for the world to change for the better. A band the world doesn’t know that it needs right now.

NSPAN

Pillowfight, Used to Think (2012)

Look up the word "saudade" -- I'll wait.

Okay, you're back? Great. The concept of saudade feels especially profound and relatable to me. (Perhaps it has to do with loss I've experienced in my life?) And music that elicits this state of mind always grabs me. Both lyrically and musically, I feel Pillowfight's album is about loss, yearning, regret, and... optimism? Saudade.

RON B

SCREEN203

SHRYKE

Moby, One of These Mornings (2002)

I first heard this song, used to utter perfection, during a particularly tense episode of Without a Trace. The melancholy of the piano brushed over me first, then came Dianne McCauley’s voice, which hit me like a sledgehammer. I made it a point to find out more about this song, and was surprised to hear Moby was the man who composed it, as I’d never been a fan of his before (I’m not a hater like Eminem, but…yeah). I tend to avoid repetitive songs, but there are exceptions to every rule. This song just strikes a deep chord every time. (I think this is a fanmade video, which is inconsequential. I chose it for the best sound quality.)

One of these mornings
I won’t be there at all
You will look for me
And I’ll be gone

SIX

Sufjan Stevens, Casimir Pulaski Day (2005)

Not the most musically awe-inspiring song on a record of almost entirely awe-inspiring songs. Instead, it’s a simple tune telling an utterly heart-breaking tale of a kid’s neighbour, and crush, dying from cancer. This song gets me. Every single time.

SURFER

Modest Mouse, Float On (2004)

Is there anything further I need to say about this song? It seems safe to say that most of you absolutely love it, so I will just say that I discovered MM via Planet Sound, which if you were in the UK during the late 90s/early 2000s, may have been aware that it was a teletext service offered in a pre-digital age. I loved it, despite having been limited to 30 seconds of viewing per page and if you did not read the whole review in that time had to wait for the cycle to pass through another 14 pages before you could complete. Anyway, I digress. One day I was watching a review of this band called Modest Mouse and they left a glowing review of Good News For People Who Love Bad News. Now given the length of the album title you can understand why it may have taken a couple of views to read the whole review, but on doing so I quickly sought out the album and I have been in love with their own quirky take on indie rock ever since. Of course, Float On is from that record, and it's fantastic. And it also reminds me of how fucking easy we have everything nowadays. So who gives a shit if you can't go pick up that lampshade from IKEA or go see My Spy with Dave Bautista. I sat for almost 10 minutes just to read a one paragraph review of an album written in primary coloured pixels. Now that is god damned commitment!

TRANSFORMERS

Fallujah, The Dead Sea (2013)

They've appeared right out of the gate. They've closed things out. On this track, Fallujah does the unthinkable and drops an ambient, atmospheric section in the middle of the song! Don't say death metal bands aren't capable of being subversive.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Chien: Great song. Definitely has Lou Reed's influence - particularly his love of 50s rock n roll and R&B. Antony's voice makes it into somethign special.
Geez: Liked your stories about the song!
John: This was amusing. Had a Danny Elfman vibe to it, although I realise it was Elfman who was probably inspired by Sparks!
Leetsu: Big surprise here. Was not expecting Colossus to appear not only elsewhere, but also so high up. Nice choice!
NSpan: Very familiar with saudades, not only because my wife is Portuguese but because we had to do a long distance relationship for a while. Plus, Nick Cave did a lecture tour about love songs and how this concept was fundamental to them. It's onyl a shame I didn't get any sense of saudades from this pleasant sounding but unremarkable song :D
Ron and Screen: Get your bloody homework done!
Shryke: This sounds exactly like anything from Play, which I grew tired of despite initially liking. Maybe if I didn't know Play I'd like this more.
Surf: By far our Number #1 song. I'd love to see it appear once more, like Shryke's #1. And yeah, I remember the teletext days of the 90s, especially music news when I'd have to wait for those pages to refresh. What's worse, our TV signal was dependent on the weather so often the teletext would be missing words. I guess this is our version of "In my day, I used to have to walk 20 miles to school in my bare feet".
Tranny: Was about to shut it off, then the middle section without the vocal got going and it was quite decent, and then it went all screamy again.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Like It
... And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Let It Dive (2005) (not bad. And yes, I have to imagine the band name may have been a detriment)
Metric, Black Sheep (2010) (one of your better picks, nspan)
P!nk, Just Like A Pill (2001) (not a bad song, certainly deeper than most pop. I respect Pink)
Love It

Meh
Emma Stone, Audition (The Fools Who Dream) (2016)
Miike Snow, Genghis Khan (2016)
Gorillaz feat. Mos Def and Bobby Womack, Stylo (2010)
Angel Olsen, Sister (2016)

Loathe It
Deafheaven, Canary Yellow (2018) (you can be really hit or miss, leestu)
Wild Beasts, We Still Got the Taste Dancing On Our Tongues (2009)
Kendrick Lamar feat. George Clinton and Thundercat, Wesley's Theory (2014) (I think I've expressed my feelings on kendrick once or twice)
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

silversurfer19 wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 1:12 pm
Chien, Benjamin Biolay - I apologise in advance, but while I appreciate the effort you have made in translating the lyrics, unfortunately it sounds like Europop, and dare I say I would not be surprised if it was a Eurovison entry. Not for me.
This is the funniest and most unexpected comment I have read in the countdown :lol:
Eurovision songs are so far away from my tastes. I read your comment to my girlfriend, who doesn't like Biolay, and she laughed too.
It's funny because it says a lot about how you listen to a song from one person to another, and how what has nurtured you culturally may affect your appreciation of a song.
To me, and I'm pretty sure to any French person, whether they like Biolay or not, he is the exact opposite of what Eurovision music is, so that's really, really funny and interesting.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Geezer, The Menzingers, Gates
A very pleasant song. Good rhythm, good mood.

John, Jason Isbell, Songs That She Sang In The Shower
Nice voice and good music, I like that.

Leestu, My Chemical Romance, Welcome To The Black Parade
I was abit scared of the shouts when they started, but it doesn't hurt the song that much. It's got an old-school vibe to it taht's quite cool. I prefer the first 2 minutes though.

NSpan, The 88, Go Go Go
There's a good energy in this, but I didn't get into it.

Ron, Radiohead, Burn the Witch
It's a lesser Radiohead song to me, but it's still interesting musically, and ages well on the ear as it progresses.

Screen, Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glynne, Rather Be
I've definitely heard that before, even though the title and the names associated are unknown to me. I guess it's listenable, but nothing I really appreciate beyond an effective beat.

Shryke, Gorillaz, DARE
A cool song by Gorillaz for sure. For me, Feel Good inc is above everything else, but I have to admit that one is pretty good too.

Six, Interpol, Hands Away
That's a great song. A great, great song.

Surfer, Cloud Nothings, Psychic Trauma
There's an urgency in this I find interesting, especially in the drums which swallow the other instruments to my ears. But thankfully it's short.

Tranny, Darkest Hour, Doomsayer (The Beginning of the End)
I was wary when I read the word agression in your text... got surprised by the soft intro, and then felt agressed when the voice appeared, indeed ;)
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Geezer, Against Me!, We Did It All For Don
I can't say I appreciate the way this song is sung, the voice unnerves me quite a bit and ruins the song for me.

John, Sparks, She Got Me Pregnant
This has a very musical sound, it sounds out of a Broadway show. There's something very staged about it that's funny. I'm not really into it but it's original.

Leestu, IDLES, Colossus
I'll repeat what I said when Six listed it : There's something I like in there, something raw, growing. It' still a bit too much noisy for me. I much prefer the first part of the song than the last one.

NSpan, Pillowfight, Used to Think
I feel insulted, did you think we didn't know what saudade is ?
Okay, I forgive you. Pillowfight... where have I heard of this band from before... ;)
You love them so much, I wish I could share the love, but there's nothing that really stand out for me in their music.

Shryke, Moby, One of These Mornings
There was a time when I really was into Moby. By that I mean I've bought a couple of their albums two decades ago. When I pressed play, I didn't remember which song was "One of these mornings", but I remembered it immediately. It's actually a really nice song.

Six, Sufjan Stevens, Casimir Pulaski Day
All it takes are the first few notes and the voice of Stevens, and almost any of his songs work for me. It's a simple and touching song indeed.

Surfer, Modest Mouse, Float On
Wow, so that's what, the third time this song appears, is it not ? Like I already said, I really wasn't familiar with Modest Mouse before this countdown, it never arrived to my ears. I like how strange this song is. This kind of singing could put me off, but it strangely works here. It's a nice song for sure.

Tranny, Fallujah, The Dead Sea
Sorry, once again, as soon as it starts singing, I'm off the song.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Round 11 thoughts

Chien, Anthony and the Johnsons - I think it was yourself who posted a song from Anthony in the past, but this served as a reminder that I must listen to this album, it was sublime. Vocally, musically, a real joy from start to finish, and definitely had a hint of Lou Reed too, which is always welcome.

Geezer, Against Me - Prefer many of their other songs posted, this didn't sound like a 'real' song of theirs, just a singalong played with friends. Much prefer the full band experience.

JohnErle, Sparks - I think this countdown has served to inform me that I doubt I will ever be a Sparks fan. Far too theatrical again for my liking.

Leestu, IDLES - Surprised this seems like it may be the most popular IDLES song on the countdown. I like it, but wouldn't be in even my top 10 of their songs.

Nspan, Pillowfight - Probably my favourite Pillowfight song of the countdown, had an eerie quality to it and enjoyed the keyboard line on the chorus. Vocals reminds me of Macy Gray for some reason, but I dug it.

Ron & Screen, TBC - Come on guys, I need some more Radiohead and girl songs.

Shryke, Moby - How did you NOT know this was a Moby song! I mean, it's new to me, but it sounds exactly like a Moby song. In fact, it sounds like a sister to Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad. Prefer that song, and many others of his, but this had a nice beat to it and the vocals had a classic sound.

Six, Sufjan Stevens - You could almost pick any song from this record and it would be a delight, it really has grown on me over the past few years, and this is definitely one of my favourites. Heart breaking song in every way and so eloquently realised.

Tranny, Fallujah - It's a shame, there is a decent post rock band in there beneath all the growling and pummelling drum beats, but those moments just don't last long enough.

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Still have not heard from Screen or Ron B. May have to add them in at a later date.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

Gary Jules – I utterly despise the millions of copycat covers this helped inspire and which now plague the trailers of a good 50% of the movies I'll never watch. I think all the uninspired bandwagon-jumpers ruined this song for me because I used to appreciate it but couldn't stomach it today.

Blink-182 – I was shocked the first time I heard it because I loved it and my usual reaction to Blink-182 was the opposite of love. I had a similar reaction the first time I heard Angels & Airwaves which I also liked without realizing who was behind it. I guess the usual Blink-182 style works for them and made them lots of money, but it's interesting how DeLonge is capable of doing something very different when he wants to.

Naked As We Came – Just an FYI to Surfer: there's no Calexico here, just Iron & Wine. Although, I didn't realize until a few days ago that the first Iron & Wine album was meant to be a collaboration with Calexico, so Sam Beam recorded the demos at home and sent them to Calexico to add musical accompaniment, but then the decision was made to release the demos as is, which explains the extremely lo-fi sound of the first Iron & Wine album.

Smith St. Band – You and Geezer appear to be morphing into the same person the higher we climb in this countdown. It's decent, but not for me, and I'm not a fan of the singer at all.

You Were The Last High – I think this was one of my honorable mentions when I listed the Dandys earlier. Good stuff.

Bodysnatchers – One of Radiohead's better songs because it's much more invigorating and catchy than their typical ponderous approach.

Timbland – So that's the Timbaland all the kids are talking about, huh? Sounds like generic pop music to me, with the usual stolen riff. I couldn't place it at first but I'm pretty sure it's Push It from Salt 'n' Pepa.

Joe Satriani – I'd almost forgotten that I'd promised to eviscerate Joe Satriani if Shryke posted the typical 8-minute shredding guitar solos I normally associate with him. This softer side of his style is perfectly respectable and not deserving of a vicious attack, but I'm not one to let snark go to waste, so here's what I would have said if this had been a more flamboyant shred-fest. Ready Shryke? Drumroll please....

“If I wanted to hear another man wank I'd call up Louis C.K. and pretend to be a young female comic with a husky voice.”

Foals – I know I heard this album back in the day and played some of it on DRR but it didn't stick with me, I guess. This is good stuff. ADDED

Interpol – Hey look! It's that Interpol song that sounds exactly like every other Interpol song.

Frank Ocean – Still not blowing me away, although I liked it more this time around than I ever have in the past. I guess I was in the right mood to explore the full song, but it'll never be something I seek out on a regular basis.

Most French Thing Ever – Not for me.

Menzingers – This is the first song of theirs that ever really stood out for me. I definitely like most of your bands better when they slow it down and mix it up. ADDED.

My Chemical Romance – I used to play this on DRR, right after Death Cab's Marching Bands Of Manhattan. I like the Queen sections more, but the punk-pop section works better than most because of the soaring vocals.

The 88 – I thought I knew these guys but after a quick google I suspect I must have been thinking of someone else. They're an interesting Community trivia answer, but the song didn't really grab me.

Burn The Witch – And we're back to ponderous Radiohead. Some interesting sounds, but not enough of a hook to make me ever seek it out.

Clean Bandit – The strings were a welcome diversion, but the rest was sometimes catchy yet standard pop and I could have sworn the singer was Adele.

Gorillaz – Classic. Possibly my favourite of theirs. I regret not revisiting Blur's The Magic Whip before this countdown. There was some good stuff there.

Interpol – Hey look! It's that Interpol song that sounds ever so slightly different from every other Interpol song.

Cloud Nothings – You sure do like these bands who hide behind layers of distortion. Not for me.

Metal – Yup, it's metal.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

SCREEN203

Ella Henderson, Ghost (2014)

The standout here is how amazing her voice is in this. The gospel influences go well with her voice, and the great melody is amazing as well.

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

The I Love It

Modest Mouse, Float On - I have loved seeing how many times this has appeared, I did not expect that

The Very Good

Antony and the Johnsons, Fistful of Love - first listen...very soulful with a great distinctive voice

The Good

Pillowfight, Used to Think - first listen...I think I would like to hear this as a whole album, I'm guessing it would have a cool vibe throughout

Against Me!, We Did It All For Don - first listen...it's cool that moments of time can make a song a favourite...I quite liked the raw unpolished folk punk sound here

Moby, One of These Mornings - I may not think much of the guy but he knows how to make downtempo music better than most

Sparks, She Got Me Pregnant - first listen...interesting

The Okay

Fallujah, The Dead Sea - first listen...there were parts I liked, but at times it was just too much

Sufjan Stevens, Casimir Pulaski Day - I like the story telling aspect, musically not so much

Ella Henderson, Ghost - first listen...it's fine

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Thread Recap:
Chien:
20.Badly Drawn Boy-The Shining
19.The Divine Comedy-Our Mutual Friend
18.Les Innocents-Danny Wilde
17.Emma Stone-Audition (The Fools Who Dream)
16.Metric-Dead Disco
15.Alex Beaupin-Brooklyn Bridge
14.David Byrne-Glass, Concrete and Stone
13.Gary Jules & Michael Andrews-Mad World
12.Benjamin Biolay-Comment est ta Peine?
11.Antony and the Johnsons-Fistful of Love

Geezer:
20.Rise Against-Behind Closed Doors
19.Frank Turner-I Still Believe
18.Red City Radio-50th and Western
17.Lucero-Darby's Song
16.Modern Baseball-The Thrash Particle
15.Against Me!-Because of the Shame
14.Jeff Rosenstock-You, in Weird Cities
13.blink-182-Stay Together for the Kids
12.The Menzingers-Gates
11.Against Me!-We Did It All for Don

JohnErle:
20.Steve Earle-Ashes to Ashes
19.The Tragically Hip-Lake Fever
18.My Morning Jacket-Honest Man
17...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead-Let It Dive
16.LCD Soundsystem-Someone Great
15.Lucinda Williams-Sweet Side
14.eels-Things The Grandchildren Should Know
13.Iron & Wine-Naked as We Came
12.Jason Isbell-Songs That She Sang in the Shower
11.Sparks-She Got Me Pregnant

Leestu:
20.Tropical Fuck Storm-Rubber Bullies
19.Sorority Noise-No Halo
18.The Smith Street Band-Passiona
17.Deafheaven-Canary Yellow
16.Car Seat Headrest-Cute Thing
15.King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard-Nuclear Fusion
14.Violent Soho-Covered in Chrome
13.The Smith Street Band-Don't Fuck With Our Dreams
12.My Chemical Romance-Welcome to the Black Parade
11.Idles-Colossus

NSpan:
20.The Rapture-Get Myself Into It
19.Phoenix-Too Young
18.The Moldy Peaches-NYC's Like a Graveyard
17.Metric-Black Sheep
16.Keziah Jones-KPA Fuca
15.Pillowfight-Get Down
14.Silversun Pickups-Lazy Eye
13.The Dandy Warhols-You Were the Last High
12.The 88-Go Go Go
11.Pillowfight-Used to Think

Ron B:
20.Bloc Party-Helicopter
19.Weezer-Island in the Sun
18.M83-Midnight City
17.Miike Snow-Genghis Khan
16.Queens of the Stone Age-Little Sister
15.System of a Down-B.Y.O.B.
14.Childish Gambino-Redbone
13.Radiohead-Bodysnatchers
12.Radiohead-Burn the Witch
11.???

Screen:
20.Kungs vs. Cookin' on 3 Burners-This Girl
19.Tinashe-2 On (feat. ScHoolboy Q)
18.Big Data-Dangerous (feat. Joywave)
17.P!nk-Just Like a Pill
16.Taylor Swift-The Lucky One
15.P!ink-Sober
14.M.I.A.-Paper Planes
13.Timbaland-The Way I Are (feat. Keri Hilson, D.O.E and Sebastian)
12.Clean Bandit-Rather Be (feat. Jesse Glynne)
11.Ella Henderson-Ghost

Shryke:
20.Club Des Belugas-Straight to Memphis
19.Rammstein-Feuer Frei
18.MGMT-Time to Pretend
17.Gorillaz-Stylo (feat. Bobby Womack and Mos Def)
16.Daft Punk-Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers)
15.Pet Shop Boys-Minimal
14.Level 42-The Way Back Home
13.Joe Satriani-Dream Song
12.Gorillaz-DARE
11.Moby-One of These Mornings

Six:
20.LCD Soundsystem-On Repeat
19.The White Stripes-Fell in Love with a Girl
18.Sun Kill Moon-Duk Koo Kim
17.Wild Beasts-We Still Get the Taste Dancing On Our Tongues
16.Battles-Atlas
15.Idles-Colossus
14.Sigur Rios-Untitled 4
13.Foals-Black Gold
12.Interpol-Hands Away
11.Sufjan Stevens-Casmir Pulaski Day

Surfer:
20.Black Rebel Motorcycle Club-Whatever Happened to My Rock and Roll
19.Savages-She Will
18.Pile-The Jones
17.Angel Olsen-Sister
16.Bloc Party-Banquet
15.The Shins-Australia
14.Parquet Courts-Master of My Craft
13.Interpol-Stella Was a Diver and She Was Always Down
12.Cloud Nothings-Psychic Trauma
11.Modest Mouse-Float On

Transformers:
20.Run the Jewels-All Due Respect (feat. Travis Barker)
19.Machine Head-Halo
18.letlive.-Homeless Jazz
17.Kendrick Lamar-Wesley's Theory
16.The Weeknd-The Morning
15.Lana Del Rey-Blue Jeans
14.The Faceless-Sons of Belial
13.Frank Ocean-Pyramids
12.Darkest Hour-Doomsayer (The Beginning of the End)
11.Fallujah-The Dead Sea
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!