The Worst of Music

Anything music related. Latest songs, good new bands, and blasts from the past.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Screen203
Clark Griswald

The Worst of Music

Post by Screen203 »

It should be known that I enjoy bad music as much, if not more, as good music. I'm not talking about "guilty pleasures", I am talking about music that is so bad that it is good, similar to movies such as "The Room" and "Plan 9 From Outer Space".

The best example I could find of this is the album The Mixtape by Chingy. Despite being called a mixtape, you can find it for sale on iTunes and for free on Spotify. This "mixtape" is so obscure that it does not even have a Wikipedia page! I would not even describe it as music as much as a mixture of profanity and played-out "gangsta" cliches that come off as parody. While some would say that about his earlier songs such as Right Thurr and I Like That, those were at least catchy enough to be passable, and to blend into the radio or playlist mix as background noise. This, on the other hand, is noticeable for all the wrong reasons. What makes this album particularly "enjoyable" is the purely terrible songwriting. Songs such as 2 Kool 2 Dance and Get Your Swag Up have to be heard to be believed. It is the Birdemic or Manos "The Hands of Fate" of music - something so unbelievably terrible that it is better seen as a surrealist comedy. It is something so godawful that it has to be experienced at least once.

Feel free to comment on what music you think is "so bad, it's good" or just bad in general.
It's not destroying. It's making something new.

Image courtesy of -
https://nerdist.com/annihilation-shimmer-ending-explained/

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Re: The Worst of Music

Post by Shrykespeare »

Right off the top of my head, I can say that "Push Th' Little Daisies" by Ween may be the single most annoying song I've ever heard.

Curious, Screen... how did you find our little group?
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Post by Screen203 »

Shrykespeare wrote: Curious, Screen... how did you find our little group?
I honestly don't remember. I first saw this website a long time ago.

Image courtesy of -

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Havana by Camila Cabello I'm pretty sure is just the same line about going from Havana to East Atlanta over and over. And why East Atlanta? Is there a big Cuban population there?
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Post by Screen203 »

Buscemi2 wrote:Havana by Camila Cabello I'm pretty sure is just the same line about going from Havana to East Atlanta over and over. And why East Atlanta? Is there a big Cuban population there?
East Atlanta is a pretty rough area, so I would assume this is why they talk about it so much in that song. I don't know the demographic background of the area, so I cannot say whether it has a large Cuban population or not.
Last edited by Screen203 on December 3rd, 2018, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image courtesy of -

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Post by Screen203 »

Shrykespeare wrote:Right off the top of my head, I can say that "Push Th' Little Daisies" by Ween may be the single most annoying song I've ever heard.
I am listening to this song right now - while it is not the worst I have ever heard, it's definitely not great.

Image courtesy of -

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Shrykespeare wrote:Right off the top of my head, I can say that "Push Th' Little Daisies" by Ween may be the single most annoying song I've ever heard.
Good one Shryke, it is a bad song but I love it....although Ween do have worse songs, and many great ones too though.

The best album though that is so bad it is great, and I mean I will listen to it and enjoy it anytime, is The Shaggs - Philosophy of the World. They don't seem to know what rhythm is, have no sense of timing, can't play their out of tune instruments, but they were doing their own thing and it is a fun(ny) experience. The backstory is fascinating too.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

holy cow, that's amazing leestu

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Kurt Cobain was a fan.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

You gotta admire the tenacity of those gals. It''s almost brilliant.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I had Push the Lil Daisies on a cassette I taped off of the radio when I was like 13 or 14. There's so many things I can't remember of my childhood, but I can tell you for certain as soon as it is over Intergalactic started.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I always associate Ween with the Loop de Loop song from SpongeBob.