Fantaverse Top 100 Albums Side Game

Anything music related. Latest songs, good new bands, and blasts from the past.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

numbersix
Darth Vader

Fantaverse Top 100 Albums Side Game

Post by numbersix »

Now that we might experience a break from the Top 100, I thought it might be fun to start guessing everyone's Top 10s. Let's see how much we think we know each other.

I'm going to spoiler specific guesses. And in no particular order...

Ozzy (tough call, as it's varied and unpredictable)
3 Pop-punk records, 80s rock record, 3 nu-metal records, A Coldplay record, Snow Patrol record, 90s indie record.

Geez
2 Against band records, Pub rock record, Classic Rock record, 4 Pop-Punk records, Nevermind, RATM's debut record

Leetu
A Mudhoney record, A shoegaze record, a Nirvana record, a REM record, a 70s punk record, an Oz band record, a Spaceman 3 record, 80s indie record, 80s indie record, 90s grunge record

NSpan
Beggars Banquet, a Pink Floyd record, a Prog record, an Austin Band record, a Brian Jonestown Massacre record, a Black Sabbath record, a 90s psyche rock, a 70s Folk Rock record, a Funk record, Loaded

Ron B
a Radiohead record, 2 Oz band records, a Bowie record, a hard rock record, 2 00s indie records, an 00s electro record, a metal record, a classic rock record

SS
Siamese Dream, Holy Bible, The Bends, The Queen is Dead, London Calling, Grace, 90s indie record, 90s hard rock record, A Pixies record, a Led Zepplin record.

Tranny
5 Metal records, 2 Hip Hop records, a Metallica record, 2 Classic Rock records,
Last edited by numbersix on February 27th, 2013, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Re: Fantaverse Top 100 Albums Side Game

Post by silversurfer19 »

Hah! Didn't realise i was QUITE so predictable....

Anyway, for you six I'm expecting some Nevermind, OK Computer, Closer and Unknown Pleasures, London Calling maybe something by The Fall or Tom Waits, a 2000s indie band such as Battles, Tina Turner and Gang of Four.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Picking Nevermind is too easy, I already gave that away. This is fun, I'd like to know some other guesses as to what people might think is still yet to come from me...

And I'll have my number 21 up soon.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Not bad guesses Six! I think this is a hard thing to do so considering that you got sort of 5/10 for me that is an impressive effort. If you want more details - NO, NO, YES, YES, NO, NO, NO, YES, YES, CLOSE ENOUGH

For you I am expecting some Joy Division, Daydream Nation, maybe Disintegration but probably not; like Surfer I expect OK Computer - actually I expect that from both you and Surfer; and in more general terms I expect an obscure band from the 00s that I have never heard of but will love, an instrumental math rock type band that I have never heard of but won't love, and at least one singer/songwriter album.

I have some guesses for you Geezer. Of course Nevermind is a given but also Dookie and maybe another Green Day, SOAD album, and Weezer's Blue album. Maybe another Beatles. Lastly considering you love the skate pop punk surely there will be a NOFX (the best band of the genre) album such as White Trash, Two Heebs and a Bean or Punk In Drublic, and if not why not?

I think Six has pretty much nailed Surfer and maybe Nspan, and everyone else is too hard for me to do on the spot now - take that as a compliment.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Leestu, you know me well ;) Although not entirely. Lots of right answers there but not everything ;)

And Six, you almost nailed it, though There's no more Rage on my list.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Well, ill have a go. Even if they are lame or vague guesses.

Six: An indie 80s album, a 90s alt rock album and 2 defining records of the 60s. Possibly a blues album or a Tom Waits album?

Nspan: 4 albums from the 70s, one rock, two folk and one funk. 2 from the 60s rock. Willie Nelson?

Geezer: Haha leestu might have nailed it with Green Day, The Beatles and then six with Nevermind. But if theres anything else there could be a pre 75 rock album thrown in? And im sure there is punk, maybe some Blink 182 and another 2 90s punk albums. Theres gotta be 1 sentimental album too. The Stones?

Ozzy: 4 90s albums, rock mostly, which might be radiohead. An 80s album. 1 softer soothing sound album and maybe 1 or 2 earlier records from the 60s/70s. Possibly another RHCPs?

Tranny: 8 Metal and 2 Rap, seems to be the blueprint. Could possibly have Jay Zs the bluepriont infact, and im sure some early 90s gangster rap maybe? Then for the Metal, something from the big 4, Metallica or Slayer? Maybe Slipknot. Def gonna be something i wont know.

Leestu: All depressing music....nah just kidding. Nothing from the 00s. Almost all from the 80s. Indie.Alt Rock.Punk vibes. Maybe more Lou Reed or Iggy Pop

SS: Tough, because i rarely know what you songs are. 2 90s indie. Weezer? Pavement? something from the 60s, maybe The Beatles. And if theres not an 80s record in there im afraid i dont you at all.
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Ooh, I forgot, six will have Funhouse on there too!

For Geez, I see some Bad Religion maybe?

englishozzy
Clark Griswald

Post by englishozzy »

Wow, surprising how close both of you got to my Top 10 :)

Without giving too much away though there is no 60/70's or soothing albums in there.
"Then telephone for an axe"

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

silversurfer19 wrote:Hah! Didn't realise i was QUITE so predictable....

Anyway, for you six I'm expecting some .. maybe something by The Fall or Tom Waits, a 2000s indie band such as Battles, Tina Turner and Gang of Four.
How did you find out about my secret shame? The only question is whether it's Private Dancer or Break Every Rule.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

By the way, with your guesses combined you've pretty much got the majority of my Top 10. Good work!