Gigs, Concerts, and Other Live Performances

Anything music related. Latest songs, good new bands, and blasts from the past.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Geezer
Axel Foley

Re: Gigs, Concerts, and Other Live Performances

Post by Geezer »

Yes, that's her. If anything, I think it is only gaining them fans. I feel like 75% of the crowd last night hadn't heard of Against Me! 2 years ago. But then this story broke and a lot of people have rallied behind her. I'm sure there are assholes out there who let this sort of thing bother them, but fuck them. They aren't the type of people Against Me! would want supporting them anyway.

They've lost a lot of fans along the way as their sound has progressed over the course of a decade+. But I've loved everything they've ever done, they still put on the best live show I've ever seen, and seeing a subdued, solo acoustic show in a tiny atmosphere was just perfect for the set that she played. It was one of the best moments of my life.

The band has struggled to even finish this album that they have been working on for a long time now, as their drumming situation has been in flux for a few years now and their bassist recently left the band. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the last album they ever produce, at least the last under the Against Me! moniker. But from what I heard last night, it is going to be an absolute gem of an album, and if it is the way they go out, it will be a worthy swan song for what is, in my opinion, the greatest band going right now.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Here's another new cut for anyone who cares, from the show. The person who shot this was standing next to me to my left.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

The Providence show was EVEN BETTER. This club was literally the size of a small bar. 200 people in their tops. I was 2 feet from her the entire show, my friends and I were able to actually converse with her throughout the show. We got to meet and take pictures after the show. Oh and of course the music was phenomenal. This new album is going to be incredible, and getting to hear some reeeallllly rare cuts live like Tonight We're Gonna Give it 35% and We Did It All For Don was amazing. She actually asked us after one of the new songs how we knew all the words when its not even out yet. Yeah, we're kinda groupies.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Last night I attended a concert from The National touring for their latest album.
I never saw them live before and was excited to see them. It was quite a fascinating show, with the band leader walking along the stage like a lion in a cage during the whole gig, drinking wine between each song performed (having me question if he could maintain the level 2 hours long, but he did). Sometimes powerful, sometimes graceful, sometimes a bit too forced, it was a strong concert which ended quite madly, with the leader Matt Berninger, during of of the very last songs, getting off stage and wandering among the audience, even climbing the stairs and singing among those seating, making the Hall his entire stage. It was quite surreal, he passed my way, standing right in front of me, inches away, singing like he was on stage. They finished by singing a song without any microphones and it was a beautiful way to end the performance.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

In all seriousness, if you have a chance to go to a Weird Al concert, you need to go. I went today and it was pretty freaking awesome. We were seven rows back. A few were shortened versions, but he did about thirty songs with so much energy and tons of wardrobe changes. People just went ballistic during parts. So much fun. I took my kid (who's become a big fan) and my parents (who have never been fans) and everyone enjoyed it. I don't see how anyone would ever have a bad time there.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Weird Al was my first concert. I think I was about 12 and I had an absolute blast.