Top 100 Songs of all Time

Anything music related. Latest songs, good new bands, and blasts from the past.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

becs
Marty McFly

Re: Top 100 Songs of all Time

Post by becs »

I was very scared of the #1 pick, but going thru my list I found the one that was just so right, so I am feeling pretty good now.
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Excellent. Like I said earlier, anyone interested in participating can e-mail me their lists (#105-#90) any time they want.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I've just sent my #100-90. Man, it was difficult to cut out those last 50 songs or so. I've tried to keep my list as varied as possible, because I want to really emphasise my taste in music, not just my favourite bands. So I don't think I have an artist with more than three songs in the top 100, and even then I think I've managed to keep the number of artists with more than on song down to the number of fingers I have on one hand. I'm quite happy with it, but I'm sure I've forgotten hundreds of songs from bands I just don't own cds to, which despite my claims is still a hell of a lot. I'm sure I'll be kicking myself when some of you bring out some of your favourites and I can't believe I have forgotten them. But it's a decent selection nevertheless, so hope some of my stuff interests some of you.

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

I couldn't possibly have limited the songs per band, there are too many that are just too awesome, but I definitely believe we will all be seeing stuff on others lists and kicking ourselves.. Its pretty difficult to remember a lifetime of favorites off the top of your head even with the internet to aid you.
- Donte

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

I also limited songs per bands/artist, or at least songs per album per bands/artists, otherwise, my favorite artist would of taken about a fifth of the slots

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Would anybody like for me to start posting people's #105-#101 choices now, or should I wait until 3/31? To start now would help me get in the rhythm of doing one per day (though if I was to start today [Sunday], I'd have to do #105 and #104, as there are only four days left in March). Plus, I'm not sure if anyone else is going to send me #105-#101 picks besides those who already have (those being myself, NSpan, Geezer and Six).

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

I say go ahead and start
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Okay. If no one objects in the next couple hours, I'll start posting (but probably on a different thread).

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

Bah! I though I would have more time! PMing you my bottom picks now
- Donte

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I'm looking forward to this. I've just spent the last couple of hours figuring out the order of my top 100, and I finally got there. It got seriously difficult when I got round to the top 40 though, and I'm very satisfied with my own top ten, but any one of those could feasibly have taken the no.1 spot.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

becs wrote:I couldn't possibly have limited the songs per band, there are too many that are just too awesome, but I definitely believe we will all be seeing stuff on others lists and kicking ourselves.. Its pretty difficult to remember a lifetime of favorites off the top of your head even with the internet to aid you.
This is why I limited my list to only songs that are actually ON MY ITUNES. I wasn't going to be bothered with trying to remember a ton more that I don't have. If I like a song that much to consider it a top 100, I most likely own it anyway.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

The #105-#101 thread is up. Check out our #105 and #104 choices. Further choices will be coming in once-a-day increments.

Five people turned in #105-#101 choices, but there will be (hopefully) more people who start with us at #100. Not too late to join us, if you're interested!

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

My #105-101 were more along the lines of "Honorable Mention"... Otherwise, all five spots would've been leftover Floyd, Zeppelin, Beatles, Sabbath, and Stones tracks that I personally love--but would just feel repetitive once my final list is revealed..

Anyway, I got that FINAL list pared down to 129 tracks... I know the last few will be the most difficult to cut, but I'm planning on having my complete Top 100 submitted on-time... wish me luck!
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I've made some alterations to my list, Shryke.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

So I see. Look, Buscemi, the reason I ask people to send in their picks ten at a time is simple: it will take 100 days to go through everyone's lists, during which time anything or everything might change. If you think they are going to be making frequent changes, then let me know.

Also, if you could do like I asked and send me the YouTube codes and descriptive paragraphs for your first ten (100-91) songs, I would be grateful.