ReelSociety Forums

Your home for all Reel and Real discussions.

America's Got Talent Thread (pres. by Shryke and Geezer)

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Re: America's Got Talent Thread (pres. by Shryke and Geezer)

Postby Shrykespeare » September 19th, 2017, 9:28 pm

Yeah. It's been an interesting year, to be sure. I'll reserve my judgment on whether we got a deserving winner tomorrow.

1. Angelica Hale - She is going to be the world's best big sister. I agree she's probably not going to win (she doesn't need a Vegas show right now), but I can only imagine what she's going to be like five, ten years from now. She may take over the world.

2. Chase Goehring - He's crazy talented, no doubt about that. He's got a future in this business for sure.

3. Sara and Hero - Is it a good act? Yes. Do I hope she frees herself from poverty? Yes? Do I want her to win? No. Does she have a shot? (We elected Trump.)

4. Diavolo - THIS is a Vegas show. I don't think there's anything in Vegas like this, and I hope they're there for a long, long time.

5. Evie Clair - God, I feel for this girl. What a shame her dad couldn't live to see this. For her to suck it up and perform anyway speaks volumes about her strength and character. She's probably the weakest singer in the field that's left, but it doesn't matter. She's proved her point, and if there's any justice, she'll build this into a great career.

6. Preacher Lawson - LOVE the pre-performance packages so far. Oh, man, this dude is funny. How has he not gotten a break thus far? Well, his time has come.

7. Kechi Okwuchi - Spot on. Perfect song choice, flawless delivery. What a great night this has been, and the three best are still to come.

I like how they put the three clear favorites at the end of the show. None of these acts ever performed in the first half of any round.

8. Darci Lynn Farmer - Ohmigod this girl. What can you say. I want her to win. I totally want her to win. She's gonna win. Maybe...

9. Mandy Harvey - She's amazing. Tonight's song wasn't my favorite she's done, but ... wow. This season is all about survivors - hardship, trauma, death, disability, shyness, poverty ... every finalist has a story, but Mandy's might just be the best.

10. Light Balance - I would see these guys perform in a hot second. Wow. Just wow. This could rival Blue Man Group. I could watch this ALL DAY.

What a great, great night. One of the best finales back to front ever. Even Sara & Hero weren't horrible. I want Darci Lynn to win, and if not her, Light Balance. However, I won't be upset if any of them (except Sarah & Hero) win. GOD, I love this show.
Happy 40th birthday Josh Hartnett! (7/21/18)
Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Advertisement

Postby Geezer » September 19th, 2017, 10:41 pm

Shrykespeare wrote:
3. Sara and Hero - Is it a good act? Yes. Do I hope she frees herself from poverty? Yes? Do I want her to win? No. Does she have a shot? (We elected Trump.)

God help us all
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude
Geezer
Forrest Gump

Postby Geezer » September 20th, 2017, 10:36 pm

Well, I guess we shouldn't be too surprised, as every top 5 act was an act who never needed saving, but damn, Sarah and Hero top FIVE? Ridiculous. Angelica number 2? That was surprising that she finished above Mandy, but not entirely undeserving. It truly was the season of the young female singer. And of course it was Darcy Lynne taking home the crown. She's about to become a mega-millionaire, and she deserves every bit of it.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude
Geezer
Forrest Gump

Postby Shrykespeare » September 22nd, 2017, 11:09 pm

What a great season, and what a great result. Darci Lynne is amazing, and I hope her career spans decades.

Fighting Gravity? Came in third. Team iLuminte? Came in third? Light Balance... was there ever a doubt what they would come in?

I loved how Angelica kept leaving her spot so she could hug every single person as they left the stage. Like I said, she's going to be the world's best big sister.

Can't wait till next year!
Happy 40th birthday Josh Hartnett! (7/21/18)
Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Previous

Return to TV Shows