Fall Schedule 2010

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Re: Fall Schedule 2010

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Geezer wrote:well that was one show i actually wanted to watch, of course its the first to go.
Ditto. I have the first two eps DVR'ed but hadn't seen them yet, now I guess there's no point...

Sucks that Outsourced did so well in its first week, hopefully it'll be the next show cancelled so Parks & Rec can come back earlier.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Outsourced sounded pretty dumb from what I read (focusing around a whoopee cushion factory is rather bottom of the barrel to me). Also, I've read the show is rather offensive towards people of Indian ancestry.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

I actually thought the first episode was pretty funny. (And I know I'm picking nits, but it's a call center, not a factory.) I didn't think it was that offensive, either. Yes, there were a few comments made by the main character that may have sounded that way, but you have to expect that there would be some faux pas made by a guy who knows nothing of Indian culture. Hopefully the show will continue by having the American and Indian sides embrace each other's cultures and not just exploit the ignorance for cheap laughs.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

I caught up on all the premier episodes from 2 weeks ago of shows that I watch, all very good so far. The new show pilots I checked out so far were The Event, Detroit 1-8-7, Terriers and Outsourced. I Will definitely NOT be following The Event (they lost me with the skipping back and forth in time, it was just annoying) or Detroit 1-8-7 (very very bland). Outsourced was admittedly cheesy, however I now know from watching it, it is based on the film of the same name (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425326/) which I watched sometime last year I think, so I think there is some potential... plus I work with those guys every day as part of my job so it hitting close to home makes it more funny than it probably really is. Terriers I was pretty middle of the road on, it sort of seemed like a less edgy, cleaned up, dumbed down version of Rescue Me sort of, It has potential.
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I wouldn't trust a show created by the co-writer of Killers.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Anybody seen Undercovers? I have 2 episodes DVR'ed but it looks so generic and formulaic, I don't know if I'll give it the time of day.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I've read it's pretty weak.

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Been watching a bit of the the Man Show lately. Its got some funny bits.

And watched this Documentary about where our food comes from, i think it was called Food Inc. And i can say, its probably the best Doco ive seen since Bowling for Columbine or Super Size Me. It really hits home, i dont know if ill want to eat McDonald again
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Thursday Night Comedy Night for me last night Community,30 Rock,The Office,It's Always Sunny In Philladelphia and The League. These are 5 of the 7 shows I watch on a consistent basis currently and they are all on the same night. TV for the most part sucks right now. None of the new shows intrest me in the least bit (with the exception of Terriers which I am going to start watching next week) and most of the shows on the major networks imo are pretty damn weak.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

And My Generation has been canceled after two episodes.

Next show that I predict will be canned: The Whole Truth.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Mike and Molly is decent. I just got through the third episode.

I'm really digging The Event, I thought that aliens would screw it up, but they really haven't.

Outsourced is pretty funny, not great, but pretty funny. The show is built around faux pases (is that the plural?), and the guy isn't really trying to be offensive, he just screws up and is ignorant on most points of Indian culture. I think there's a difference between that and being blatantly offensive. Kind of like The Office.

No Ordinary Family can either be good or awful depending on the next few episodes. My prediction is that I'll probably stop watching it within the next month.

$#*! My Dad Says just plain sucks.

Other than the new stuff, I'm still watching The Office, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Football, and for some reason I can't stop watching this season's Survivor even though I haven't watched since midway through the second season (it's on like season 22 now).
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

I watched the pilot for No Ordinary Family, and I didn't really like it. It seems a bit TOO young-skewing for me, it's just Heroes for kids. I don't know if I'll watch the 2nd episode.

I've given up on Glee, it fell to my one season rule. That leaves 90210 as the only hourlong show I watch now, and I'm not sure how I feel about that...

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

And Outlaw has been canceled due to NBC not getting the desired market it wanted (but then again who else watches TV on Fridays other than old people, who were mostly watching Tom Selleck's show at the same slot). I think NBC just wanted to finish their screwing of Conan (who produced the show).

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

I'm really digging The Event, and Outsourced has grown on me. I like No Ordinary Family so far, and Law & Order: LA is off to a good start. Other than that, I don't think I'll be following any of the other new shows.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

The Whole Truth has been canceled. 2010 hasn't been a good year for Jerry Bruckheimer (and the last two years haven't been good to Maura Tierney, as she's been battling cancer during that time).