What Shows are you Into?

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Re: What Shows are you Into?

Post by Leestu »

I've caught a little bit of Big Bang Theory every now and again Barca and it's quite good. I want to see more. The only TV show I watch regularly on TV is Good News Week. Everything else I watch on DVD at my own pace. Although I did watch the first season of Dollhouse on TV and will probably watch the 2nd season when it returns.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I forgot that I'm also waiting for V to start. I'm ready for the letdown!
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

Leestu wrote:I've caught a little bit of Big Bang Theory every now and again Barca and it's quite good. I want to see more. The only TV show I watch regularly on TV is Good News Week. Everything else I watch on DVD at my own pace. Although I did watch the first season of Dollhouse on TV and will probably watch the 2nd season when it returns.
I just read that Dollhouse got pulled from the November time slot, it's not looking to good for Dollhouse, im pretty sure its going to get cancelled

BarcaRulz
The Genie

Post by BarcaRulz »

Leestu wrote:I've caught a little bit of Big Bang Theory every now and again Barca and it's quite good. I want to see more. The only TV show I watch regularly on TV is Good News Week. Everything else I watch on DVD at my own pace. Although I did watch the first season of Dollhouse on TV and will probably watch the 2nd season when it returns.
It takes time to get into Big Bang. When I first watched it I didn't like it, then when I strung a few epis together, I started to get into it.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Good News Week, never liked the show. I'm happy that Hey Hey is back though.

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

This season so far returning shows Dollhouse and Always Sunny have been phenomenal, both have really stepped it up. As far as the rest of the returning shows I'm watching:
Fringe (good)
Ugly Betty (good)
The Office (good)
House (good)
Lie to Me (good)
Private Practice (undecided)
Heroes (undecided - love the carnies though)
Grey's Anatomy (meh)

New Shows:
SG-U (good)
FlashForward(good)
Modern Family (good)
Community (undecided)
Cougar Town (Undecided - leaning to good)
Glee (undecided - leaning to bad, but every time I do they have a more sarcastic and less highschool musical episode.
Eastwick (bad)
The Forgotten (terribad)
Mercy (terribad)
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

BarcaRulz wrote:
It takes time to get into Big Bang. When I first watched it I didn't like it, then when I strung a few epis together, I started to get into it.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Good News Week, never liked the show. I'm happy that Hey Hey is back though.
Opposite types of comedy aren't they? I cannot stand Hey Hey. In the old days, and again now, Red Faces is the only segment I'll watch. What's going on with that show anyway? I thought it was going to be a one-off reunion, now it seems to be a regular weekly show again?

Bummer about Dollhouse UDM. I hope you are wrong. I remember reading somewhere about it being one of the worst ranked shows in terms of number of viewers to still get the go-ahead for another season. Maybe that'll happen again. But I won't be putting any money on it.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Why didn't Fox just put Dollhouse on FX and let the show build there? Also, Whedon could get away with a lot more there.

And speaking about FX, what is up with the new ads for Nip/Tuck? Because first of all, I thought FX canceled this show after so many sponsors pulled their commercials from airings. And second, why are they making it look like a ghetto chic I, Robot clone? Does FX think that the show is so dead that the only audience to them now is gangbangers?

Or has it really gone from "modern-day Mad Men" to "Dirty Sexy Money with plastic surgeons"?
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Yeah, Dollhouse is not coming back until December 4th. I think it might be due to the World Series though, than the fact that FOX isn't confident with it. Which they're not, but it's such a great show.

Shows I'm watching:

30 Rock
The Office
Community
Parks & Recreation
The Big Bang Theory
Castle (well not really watching - I loved Season 1, but all of the S2 eps have just been piling in my DVR)
Glee
Modern Family
The Cleveland Show
Family Guy
Bored To Death

I also can't wait for V to start.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

I've gotten into TV a lot more over the last year, so I feel like I can finally comment on the TV post:

Tudors - Just started watching this on DVD the last couple weeks. What a great show. Jonathan Rys Meyers is a great actor...August Rush was my favorite movie from a couple years back. I think he's very underrated.

Ghost Hunters - has been one of my favorite shows for the past 3 years.

Destination Truth - has emerged as probably my favorite show right now, slightly over taking GH.

Lost - my wife and I just finished Season 4 on DVD about a month ago. Season 2 kind of sucked, but man, this show is addictive.

Modern Family - has its ups and downs, but the gay couple def. makes this show...without them it wouldn't be nearly as funny.

So You Think You Can Dance - love this show, and I find it much more entertaining than Dancing w/ the Stars because the folks on this show can ACTUALLY DANCE. The show also provides good filler until A.I. is on...that's right, I said it, I'm an A.I. fan, LOL...I've seen multiple posts on how most you guys and gals hate it.

Late night w/ Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Conan Obrian, and Jay Leno - I DVR them all, but the only one I watch all the way through is Kimmel...the only way I watch the others is if I like the guests. Kimmel's tribute the FCC is one of the funniest things on TV.

Sports are my main fixture on TV though, especially college football. Die heard U of Michigan fan, and needless to say, I'm not very happy the past couple years. This is brutal. And don't get me started about the Lions.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Hey, Brock, have you ever seen The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson? He's on after Letterman. I think he's the funniest late night guy out there. Pretty crazy.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

dont worry brock, i got your back. I watch AI too

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

undeadmonkey wrote:dont worry brock, i got your back. I watch AI too
So what is AI? And why is it bad to watch?
"I highly suspected I was becoming a legend." Ignatius J. Riley

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

Brockster wrote: Die heard U of Michigan fan, and needless to say, I'm not very happy the past couple years. This is brutal. And don't get me started about the Lions.
I am with you. Huge Blue fan and I try to be a loyal lions fan but ,oh is it hard. I have my adopted team of the Chargers since I followed Brees there from Purdue. Even Lion's fans can't watch the lions.
"I highly suspected I was becoming a legend." Ignatius J. Riley

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Donte77 wrote:
undeadmonkey wrote:dont worry brock, i got your back. I watch AI too
So what is AI? And why is it bad to watch?
American Idol, Donte
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

englishozzy
Clark Griswald

Post by englishozzy »

Leestu wrote:
Although I did watch the first season of Dollhouse on TV and will probably watch the 2nd season when it returns.
I dont have pay TV so not gonna be able to see this until they decide to release it on normal TV. Im a HUGE Joss Whedon fan so is it worth waiting out 2 watch??
"Then telephone for an axe"