What Shows are you Into?

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: What Shows are you Into?

Post by Buscemi »

Well, at least I knew it was a sci-fi series.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Sigh. Still five weeks to go before Burn Notice Season 5 starts airing. I didn't think my Michael Westen jones would get this bad, but it is. Thank god America's Got Talent starts soon. (Geez, get ready to fire up the AGT thread, unless you want to start a new one.)
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I usually don't watch TV (except for Conan) but for some reason, I'm interested in the Pan Am series starting in September. Possibly because it's Christina Ricci as a flight attendant in a Mad Men setting (in fact, the pitch was probably "Mad Men on a plane").
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Anyone been watching Shameless on Showtime? I just finished the first season and it's awesome. Plus Emmy Rossum is naked in it at least once an episode, it's so random at times I think it must be in her contract.

Plus it's pretty funny.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

i saw the first episode, but i didn't like it enough to continue

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Anyone been watching Shameless on Showtime? I just finished the first season and it's awesome. Plus Emmy Rossum is naked in it at least once an episode, it's so random at times I think it must be in her contract.

Plus it's pretty funny.
Well, you'll be desperate for anything after Dragonball: Evolution.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Finished 2 seasons in the last week.

Dexter Season 4: Well, Dexter is now at the stage where its getting a little silly. Surprises are riddled with plot holes, characters are doing things they'd never normally do. And Dexter's Dad keep popping up so often that I'd strangle him if he weren't already dead. I did like the Trinity Killer arc, especially in the last few episodes as the cat-and-mouse game emerged. The shock of Trinity's family member was both predictable and a tad stupid. Dexter's monologues are getting monotonous, I couldn't give a toss about Angel and the boss, but the final scenes were pretty good. Not sure if I want to continue watching it despite the cliffhanger. Dexter was never great, but I think I've gotten everything I want from it and it has little more to offer.

The Office Season 7: This should have ended years ago. They ran out of jokes around the time Pam and Jim got married. They suddenly became the unfunniest people on TV. Michael's personality keeps changing, and none of the regulars (or new additions) feel three-dimensional enough to carry the show. Will Ferrell felt under-used in the final few episodes, and some moments were so cringe-worthy (the farewell song) that it was as bad as the final season as Friends. I have no interest in watching this anymore, it has outstayed its welcome, and it'll get cancelled next season.

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

If you did not like Season 4 of Dexter that much, you'll hate Season 5...I agree with you, some of the stuff is getting silly, and it doesn't stop w/ the next season, sorry to say.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Yeah, Season 4 is my and most viwers favourite, so if you were not fond of that you'll hate Season 5! And yes, it does get a little silly, and some of the characters are expendable with uninteresting plot lines, but when it's good, I love it.

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Totally agree w/ you Surfer...I've never watched a show that can be so great sometimes and so terrible other times.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

And it looks like that Hulu has picked up the US rights to Misfits. They are now screening episodes on their website.

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Natalie Dormer was cast in a minor role in next season's Game of Thrones. I think that's great news, loved her in the Tutors (best performance in the entire show, IMO). I find it interesting that such a minor role would get cast by a relatively well known actress (although the role does expand, but not until the 4th book, which would be season 5 of the show if it makes it that far). It gets me thinking that due to the sucess of the show we may see some pretty big names cast in the large roles. Fingers crossed!

BTW, Game of Thrones is great, if any of you are looking for something to watch. Not as good as the books, but that's to be expected in adaptations.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

in which role?

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Margaery Tyrell.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I just watched a clip from the show Code Monkeys. It basically looks like that awful Ctrl + Alt + Del series that thankfully wasn't picked up...but with game sprites replacing really bad Flash animation and shock humor and Texan stereotypes replacing overused pop culture gags.

I'm amazed that the overused Gamers on a Couch premise is still done today.