What Shows are you Into?

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Geezer
Axel Foley

Re: What Shows are you Into?

Post by Geezer »

W wrote:Watson is kicking some serious ass on Jeopardy! Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter are going down! :)

Watson is a computer created by IBM to interpret and reason language the same way that humans do. Though he screwed up a couple of times yesterday, it's pretty amazing.
The Terminator is going to come true! This is how it all starts! It's going to become self-aware!
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Breaking news: Two and a Half Men has been canceled. Now, I know not too many people like it but I figured this would be the place to put it up.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

That's kind of crazy. It's like the biggest scripted show on tv right now, isn't it? It's not something I watch regularly, but if I'm bored and reruns are on, sometimes, very rarely, I catch it.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

It's been canceled due to Charlie Sheen's behavior as of late (including his home rehab outside of the show). Calling the show's creator a scumbag and then threatening to blackmail the producers will get you nowhere fast.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Yeah his rants lately have been more entertaining than the show. Which I don't get why it's so popular by the way. It's just the same jokes/scenarios over and over again.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

I'm really quite impressed with the new superhero TV show The Cape. It's fairly well done, with interesting side-characters and a solid premise. It's also quite dark, which makes it a good counterpart to No Ordinary Family, which is a lot more light-hearted.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

I don't think two and a half men is officially cancelled, they just decided not to film the rest of this season. As i read somewhere, 'the show prints money'. So i am pretty sure it will be back next year, wether they make up with Sheen or if they write him out. there is a good chance it will be back.

I haven't seen the Cape. I stopped watching new shows. I hate getting attached to new shows that are almost certain to get cancelled. I did however start watching Chuck, it is much funnier than i thought it would be.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Yeah, there's alos a serious lack of quality new shows around at the moment, or maybe they're more underground and I have to find them. I've started watching Treme which is interesting but too dissimilar to fill the gap that The Wire had.

The latest season of The Office is a bore. Carell is right to leave.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I was heavily suggested the British dramedy Skins from Netflix (suggested 4.8/5) based on me loving Freaks and Geeks and liking Let the Right One In (huh?) and it's quite good. I was hesitant because I'd seen a mention once or twice in the last week (I think on here once and in a Bill Simmons column once) using the name and basically that it was an awful MTV program. Seeing that the only thing I've watched in the past decade from MTV was Dyrdek's two shows, there's no way I'd watch it.

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Seasons 1 and 2 of Skins are excellent. Interesting likeable characters and the mix of comedy and drama is perfect. Season 3 is a bet of a letdown. It unintentionally became a bit of a self parody I think. And they must have changed the person whose job it is to choose the music because that was a standout in the first two seasons. Excellent song selectiions that seemed to fit so well, whereas season 3 had some real bad musical choices. The awful MTV program mentioned is probably the US remake.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

MTV would have been better off buying the airing rights to the original. Their remake looked like nothing more than Degrassi as done by Americans.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

From the three episodes I've seen of the original, they'd have to be heavily edited.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Unless they aired them during the watershed hours (MTV usually airs their shows beginning at 10/9 central to avoid controversy).

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I did finish the first two seasons of Skins. The first season was extremely good and the second one was decent, but only because you're invested in the characters because of how good the first season was. If the second season was, in fact, the first season, I'd have stopped watching after an episode or two. While the first season was a little over the top and that was the point, the second was just completely and utterly unbelievable. I mean, one character got expelled from school, got his girlfriend pregnant, got fired, had his mom walk out on him, AND had a brain aneurysm and died. And that was ONE character. The rest pretty much dealt with the same amount of things.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Saw a couple of episodes of A Bit of Fry and Laurie. Some bits hit and hit hard and some bits I can't figure out. It's still really good even when I have no clue what the Hell they're talking about.

The best bit so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHzYopnwSsQ