What Shows are you Into?

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: What Shows are you Into?

Post by Buscemi »

Preparing for Sherlock Holmes 2, I see? (Fry will be playing Sherlock's brother in it.)
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

I keep hoping that some day Rowan Atkinson or Stephen Fry will have a cameo on House, just for old time's sake. That would be awesome.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Fry's the narrator for the most creative game series out there right now, and my daughter's favorite, LittleBigPlanet. He is pretty witty in even that role.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Season 2 of Justified is fantastic. I highly suggest checking it out, one of the best shows on TV right now.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I finished Skins vol. three and four a couple of weeks ago and they're about as good as the first one and better than the second in my eyes. It starts off slow, but gets better. It's really a character-driven show and as long as they can make good characters every two seasons like they have been, it should always be good. I just wish they'd stop making the type of endings to the generations that they have so far.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I guess there's some movie thing tonight on ABC from 9-11 EST. Something about online polls and finding the best in each genre or something. It's hosted by Tom Bergeron, so you know it has to be good :) . Also, I guess that film stars are going to be on it because it lists Anthony Hopkins and Harrison Ford as the other two "starring" in it on IMDb.

I'm not sure if I'll tune it or not.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

It looks like a ripoff of the AFI specials to me.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

It looks like a ripoff of AFI specials to me too, but I loved the AFI specials.

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

I'm curious...did anybody watch A Game of Thrones on HBO last Sunday? If so, what were your thoughts?

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

I did and i liked it. Much better than the slow as a sloth books. The episode set up the story in the books nicely. The best thing though is that a lot of the actors bring charisma to their characters which makes them instantly likable, unlike the books. I really did not care for any characters in the books besides Jon and Arya. Here the whole Stark family is likable and even tyrion, so later when shit starts to hit the fan, i can actually see myself dreading it.

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Cool...you are one of the only people I know who doesn't like the books, but likes the show, lol.

I was impressed w/ the show, especially the acting...although, much like LOTR they have to leave out a lot of the details and history that make the books so good. It is going to be interesting how much they have to deviate from the books next season, since the story lines get so complicated and more and more characters are introduced.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

I wasn't blown away by Game of Thrones. It was a little dull and reminded me too much of the awful The Tudors. There were a few cliches (when the king arrives and pretends to be stern, and also the daughter who wants to be a warrior), some of the acting wasn't great, and the opening sequences of strange creatures was the only really different thing, but we didn't get anything beyond that. I'll watch the next few episodes to see if it improves

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Which part reminded you of the Tutors? The tutors was just blah to me, it was ok to watch, but seemed to get progressively worse as the series continued.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Regal issues, balance of power play, similar settings, unnecessary nudity. Definitely better than The Tudors (I agree, Brockster, Anne Boeyln was interesting and once she was beheaded it was unwatchable) but it just didn't grab me. But it's just a first impression, and I'll see how it goes before making up my mind.

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Agree 100%, the Ann Boleyn story line was great, then after it all fell apart...a shame too, it had a chance to be a great show...but maybe budget costs got in the way?

From what I've heard Game of Thrones is going to be similar as the books, which take a while to set stuff up before all hell breaks loose. I'd say give it a few more weeks, it should get better. The problem is that the book is so damn long and there are so many plot lines and plot twists it's hard to take all of that and cram it into a TV show. Makes me wonder how the hell they are going to do it all next season, when it gets even more complicated.

BTW, I've never minded unnecessary nudity, lol