What Shows are you Into?

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Re: What Shows are you Into?

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

I don't watch the other two, but Community is ACES!

And I would say the humor on Parks & Rec is similar to that of The Office, so I don't think you would take to it.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Anyone here given Suits a look? USA is starting to rerun the first season in anticipation for Season Two, and I'm watching it all over again. It's really cool.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

The IT Crowd is excellent. I'm waiting on them to put out another season but I really doubt it's coming as O'Dowd and Ayoade seem to be moving on. It's really unlike anything on American TV. I got into Community some time last year and am caught up. It's good when they're quirky, but when it focuses on Jeff and Brita, it can really bog down. I love it when they try and do themed shows like their spaghetti western. That may be my favorite one.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

The IT Crowd is not coming back, although there's plans for a once off special to bid farewell. W, have you ever watched Father Ted? It's form the same writer/director as The IT Crowd.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

It's on Netflix, I may give it a try.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

alyson
Juno MacGuff

Post by alyson »

Shrykespeare wrote:Anyone here given Suits a look? USA is starting to rerun the first season in anticipation for Season Two, and I'm watching it all over again. It's really cool.
Yep. I loved the first season and I feel like have been waiting a long time for this next season. I like the main character a lot.
Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

alyson
Juno MacGuff

Post by alyson »

Ron Burgundy wrote:Look at all you TV lovers.....ugh....it makes me sick.....(wink)

Hey Ali,
Are you still into Dexter? Cause that last season was the worst yet, though at times good with the 2 interesting villians, but real shite compared to say the first season. I really hate Debra, she needs to be killed off

Breaking Bad, so excited for the final season

Tried to get into Homeland but proved difficult, claire danes is doing to same schtick the whole time

Im not a big fan of awkward humor, like The Office. But id like to get into another good comedy.

Which of these do you recommend starting?

Parks and Recreation
Community
The IT crowd
Suburgatory

OR

Something else

previous favs

Monty Python, South Park, The Simpsons and Seinfeld
Yes, I am still pretty Dexter obsessed, but I agree this last season was weak. I like Colin Hanks but I had trouble buying him as the main antagonist. I did kind of like that little twist at the end though. Even though I am still hooked, I completely agree that it has lost some of it's shine.

Of those 4, I would recommend Parks and Rec (it's the most Office-like imo) and Community (much more outlandish and quirky than P&R or The Office, but pretty much it's just plain awesome) . But I think I have only seen one episode of the IT crowd, so I am not sure about that one. I am also loving Suburgatory but out of those, it's the one that is more of a standard sitcom that is more targeted to younger girls. Also, if you haven't given Modern Family a try, I would definitely recommend it - it's probably my favorite comedy right now along with How I Met Your Mother, the writing is just wonderful.
Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.