What Shows are you Into?

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Re: What Shows are you Into?

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Him talking in the Christian Bale voice the whole episode is some of the funniest shit I've seen this season...
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

You might want to start a campaign to save Community. NBC may cancel it in midseason.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Knowing NBC, they might. But it'd be another stupid decision from them, much like cancelling Southland before the 2nd season ever aired.

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

i thought people were actually watching it
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I've never even heard of this show.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Community is a community college show (I haven't caught it) with Chevy Chase and a few other comedians on it.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Community is very funny, although I do think it's the weakest so far in NBC's Thursday Comedy block. And it's nowhere as good as some other new shows this season, like Modern Family or Glee.

I think Community has probably the best supporting cast I've ever seen on a show before, maybe because they're all focused so much, they're all basically principals. I really don't think NBC is considering cancelling it though, unless they would be trying to draw attention away from the Jay Leno Show debacle.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I'm still convinced Glee will not last after its first season. I'm getting a Commander-In-Chief vibe with it (begins with successful ratings then network politics cause the ratings to drop, leading to its cancellation). Also, it's on Fox.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

I think FOX knows better than to even think about cancelling Glee. It's bringing them tons of money from iTunes, they'll keep it on the air as long as that trend continues.

Plus, they didn't cancel Dollhouse after it's first season, so maybe there's hope yet for FOX.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Dollhouse was a midseason replacement though. There are plans to cancel that show in the next few months due to it being on Friday nights when no one is watching (another interesting case: Mitch Hurwitz's Arrested Development follow-up being moved from Sunday nights to Saturdays at midnight for the second season).

That's another thing about Fox. 90% of the time when they attempt to apologize to the creator of a popular cult show or movie, they fuck it up again (examples: Joss Whedon, Mitch Hurwitz, Mike Judge, James Cameron, David Hayter, etc).

becs
Marty McFly

Post by becs »

It's kind of unbelievable how many brilliant shows have been on Fox, been killed, and yet they are one of the most reality show riddled crapfest networks.
At least we can abort fetuses. Bad grammar and language last a lifetime.
- Donte

Donte77
Kirk Lazarus

Post by Donte77 »

Started watching Season 3 of Heroes on DVD. It's ok so far but having another white eyed future painter is fucking lame. And is Mohinder the Fly or what? LOL I think they are running out of ideas...
"I highly suspected I was becoming a legend." Ignatius J. Riley

"If Transporter 3 was better than TDK then the first Transporter was the filmic equivalent of doing heroin while getting a Bl** J** from god." Me

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Yeah I really hoped Cronenberg got paid for the Mohinder storyline. I watched the premiere of Season 4 and was so uninterested in the carny storyline that I've yet to return.

Only 5 more days until the "modernised" version of The Prisoner is shown on AMC. I'll be eagerly watching it (once it's available to download)

KeyserSoze
The McMannus Brothers

Post by KeyserSoze »

Season 4 of Heroes definitely has not been as bad as Season 3. It's nowhere near Season 1 good, but it's still watchable.

Six - I am also eagerly awaiting Sunday's premiere of The Prisoner (Especially now that Mad Men has wrapped up another excellent season). My only trepidation is that EW gave it a C-
Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God? Trick question, dickhead. Lemmy is God - Chazz and Rex, Airheads