What's on the ol' boob tube RIGHT NOW.... or close to now

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

numbersix
Darth Vader

Re: What's on the ol' boob tube RIGHT NOW.... or close to no

Post by numbersix »

A friend of mine is directing some episodes of Season 2 (The haunting of Bly Manor). It's a bit chaotic. Apparently at one stage Flanagan wanted to hire Greg Sestro for one of the leads.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Do you know why he wanted to do that?
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Just finished Season 2 of Jack Ryan. It was great. Clearly some plot holes here and there, along with some strange character drop offs from Season 1...but overall and enjoyable watching experience.

I must also say, Wendell Pierce may be my favorite supporting actor out there today. He's great in Jack Ryan and I loved him in Suits and Ray Donovan.

Also almost done with the current season of This Is Us. It's good, but not great, and it reminds me that it's really hard to consistently make a great television show, year in and year out. Although in a time when almost all of the shit on network television is complete...well...shit...it is miles head of everything else.

Watching The Curse of Oak Island on History. I sometimes wonder to myself...am I still watching this because I like it, or because I don't want to miss them finding something? Sometimes it's maddening.

Lastly, I'm a few episodes into Treadstone on USA Network. It's pretty good, but I am reserving judgment until the first season is over.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Brockster wrote: I must also say, Wendell Pierce may be my favorite supporting actor out there today. He's great in Jack Ryan and I loved him in Suits and Ray Donovan.
He's excellent in Treme. It was one of those shows I couldn't stop watching until it was done.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

transformers2 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Do you know why he wanted to do that?
Cause he's nuts?

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I think he wanted to meet the "good looking but rather bland actor" quota. Oliver Jackson-Cohen was that guy last season.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

I started watching the Mandalorian yesterday and got 3 episodes in. I think it's pretty great so far. I'm just a half assed Star Wars fan. I've seen all the major movies except for Clone Wars and Solo, but I'm not into the side shows, the cartoons, and I really just don't know that much about the "lore" or world of the story. I enjoy the movies, but never really get blown away. I would say that the Mandalorian is the most enjoyable watch (so far) out of anything I've seen from the Star Wars universe. Looking forward to the rest of it!

On a side note, Disney + is pretty incredible. It helps that I have young kids, but I like it a lot so far.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Wow, that's a bold claim. I found The Mandalorian a bore. Each episode has a single dramatic beat, meaning it plays like a really elongated feature film. Every episode drags, every scene drags, and they should all be 15 mins rather than 27-35.

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

For me it's something fresh. When I'm watching the movies it seems like it's the same story told over and over again. I don't hate them, and enjoy them for what they are, but having a fresh take is...well...refreshing! I don't mind the slower pace of things, but I think it's just a matter of taste. That's why I enjoyed Fellowship of the Ring the most out of the 3 LOTR movies (and books for that matter).

So...not so bold...just my opinion :)

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Haha, fair enough, but don't get me started on how familiar it all is and how it just rehashes storylines from every major western!

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

well...it has been a while since a good western was released :) timing is everything!

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Has anyone watched Mindhunters on Netflix? My wife and I watched episode 1 last night and it was SLOOOOOOOOOW. Wondering if it gets any better and we just need to hang in there for a couple more episodes??

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

I loved the first season of mind hunters, although I haven't taken the time to watch the second season yet. So take that for what it's worth

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Very glad I stuck w/ Mindhunters. Slow start, but man, it gets REALLY good. I would recommend it to all of you who have Netflix.

Really loved the Mandalorian too. Although, I wonder how much they paid Pedro Pascal for his voice work for the season. You know damn well that wasn't him walking around in the suit all those other episodes, lol. FYI, I think he's a really good actor and have enjoyed him in just about everything he's done. Even the forgettable Triple Frontier.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Weighing up which show to watch next.

Currently I'm curious about Euphoria, Watchmen, and Undone. Anyone seen these?