What's on the ol' boob tube RIGHT NOW.... or close to now

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

numbersix
Darth Vader

Re: What's on the ol' boob tube RIGHT NOW.... or close to no

Post by numbersix »

The whole physical format market is shrinking anyway (long live Criterion!) so it makes sense for Disney to focus on streaming.

Think Disney + is a very strong contender and we're now entering the dawn of the streaming wars. I'm still sticking to Netflix for the time being but I can be swayed.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Not saying that. I'm saying a 6 month or so window would make them able to sell the movie before putting it on the streaming service. Maybe there is one, but they aren't saying right now.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

I saw something in this onslaught of Disney+ news that said The Incredibles 2, Coco and Toy Story 4 were going to be the only Pixar titles not available at launch. Since the Disney+ launch date (November 12th) is nearly 5 months after Toy Story comes out in theaters, that would suggest that there will be a delay between the home video and Disney+ releases (I would imagine it would be something similar to the arrangement they currently have with Netflix).
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

For those of you already subscribing to the Criterion Channel, here's a question: how many of their catalogue titles are available for on demand streaming?

In their marketing leading up to the launch they made a big deal about the daily highlighted programming, but what I want to know is can you just pick any random title from their library and stream it whenever you want?

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

JohnErle wrote:For those of you already subscribing to the Criterion Channel, here's a question: how many of their catalogue titles are available for on demand streaming?

In their marketing leading up to the launch they made a big deal about the daily highlighted programming, but what I want to know is can you just pick any random title from their library and stream it whenever you want?
I got you. Here's everything available right now: https://tcclibrary.com/
Also here's a Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I've been following everything on the Criterion subreddit.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

Ah, cool. Thanks for that.

It's a pretty extensive list, but not the full Criterion catalog. There's a quite a few things from my Amazon wishlist, but only 2 Polanski (no Repulsion) and only the worst of the 3 films from the Del Toro boxset. After a quick glance, it seems like the older, foreign side of the Criterion Collection is well represented, including probably everything that was originally distributed by Janus Films, but a lot of the marquee titles they've licensed are missing. Dr. Strangelove, Shallow Grave, Bull Durham, Breakfast Club, etc.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I think the MGM titles are with Amazon Prime while Hulu might get some of the newer ones (I know the Annapurna library is with Hulu). And Netflix still may some titles that the Channel doesn't have.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

GOT returns tonight. Here's hoping with the ending in sight it will be better than the last 2 seasons.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

if you mean pacing wise, i doubt it. They still have a lot of story to cover and not much time.

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

I stopped watching GOT after it passed the books. I know, nerd alert...but whatever. I want to read it first. Then I'll watch it. So maybe 2035ish? :cry:

My wife and I are almost done with Hanna on Amazon Prime. It's pretty good! I don't know any of the actors in it, but Amazon was advertising the shit out of it, so we gave it a try. Definitely worth the watch if anyone has Prime.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

you'll be waiting a lot longer than that...

haven't watched Hanna, but we did enjoy, Jack Ryan

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I have a feeling Game of Thrones will end with George R.R. Martin laughing at the audience, telling them that there is no ending and they were fools for thinking there would be one.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Haha. Or deley the final episode until after he finishes the books

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

I'd love to see a "To Be Continued..." screen on the finale, just to see the reactions of the world.

For Hanna, all the advertising seems to be the show remaking the movie. I haven't watched it yet because they haven't shown a new hook or angle on the story. And I don't need to rewatch the movie, but stretched out to 8 or 10 hours.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I read Hanna was pretty mediocre as a series. I have to wonder why Amazon went the NBC route and adapted a forgotten eight year-old movie for streaming.