ReelSociety Forums

Your home for all Reel and Real discussions.

What's on the ol' boob tube RIGHT NOW.... or close to now

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Re: What's on the ol' boob tube RIGHT NOW.... or close to no

Postby BanksIsDaFuture » April 21st, 2017, 1:02 pm

I don't think there are any bad Black Mirror episodes, they're all fantastic in different ways. My favorite is San Junipero, from S3, which is very different from the rest of the series in its own way. And White Bear.

I actually just finished up the series, I hadn't watched the Domhnall Gleason ep for some reason and finally got to it earlier this week. Hayley Atwell put in a helluva performance there.

If I had to chose a weak episode, I'd point to Season 3's Men Against Fire, but only because the premise is obvious and you can see everywhere the plot is going where before the episode gets there. Or Season 3's Hated In The Nation - which is a little too formulaic for the series.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife
BanksIsDaFuture
ET

Advertisement

Postby BanksIsDaFuture » April 21st, 2017, 1:08 pm

Unrelated, but I'd highly recommend the HBO mini-series Big Little Lies to everyone. Filled to the brim with fantastic performances, and the story structure elevates a simple Who Done It.

If anything, it's a reminder to everyone how great of an actress Nicole Kidman is, and always has been. But honestly, Zoe Kravitz, Reese Witherspoon, Adam Scott, Alexander Skarsgaard, and Shailene Woodley - everyone is A+.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife
BanksIsDaFuture
ET

Postby numbersix » April 21st, 2017, 2:59 pm

I've heard mixed things about it... like really mixed. Mates who love it, and others who despise it. Kinda tempted.

Started Fargo Season 3, which was a slow burn with a brilliant last 10 mins. Noah Hawley is a genius.
numbersix
Gandalf

Postby Buscemi » April 21st, 2017, 8:33 pm

I saw ads for Big Little Lies and it looked a little too self-indulgent to me. And I've never been impressed with Woodley.

Anyway, the new Twin Peaks doesn't premiere for another few weeks but I have gotten some of the Pops that have come out. There's seven in the set (one is a Chase, annoyingly) and I have five so far (a sixth will come in the next few days. The Laura Palmer Pop might be the best designed Pop I've ever seen up close. She's wrapped in plastic like in the pilot episode but instead of using a soft plastic that could disintegrate quickly, the Pop is encased in a hard plastic and is held up on a stand much like how collectable Barbies are held. And if you take it out of the box (like I do, I'm not into keeping things cherry), it has a very pleasing heft.

The seven in the line: Dale Cooper, The Log Lady, Laura Palmer, Audrey Horne, Bob, Leland Palmer, and The Giant (he's the Chase). Apparently, there also plans for a Leland Chase (the general release has him with white hair, the Chase has him with black hair). I'm hoping this series does well enough for a Series 2 but the more vocal collectors won't shut up about Overwatch and Stranger Things.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511/playlist/6exMMnE4Kpu99GBj16VEmr
Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Previous

Return to TV Shows