What's on the ol' boob tube RIGHT NOW.... or close to now

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

undeadmonkey
Leon

Re: What's on the ol' boob tube RIGHT NOW.... or close to no

Post by undeadmonkey »

Been hearing so much about it, I feel like I've seen it already.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Heard of it but haven't seen it. It's kind of odd that this has become as big as the first season of the Serial podcast while Season 2 of Serial debuted around the same time but no one's talking about that (though this was by design as Sarah Koenig didn't want audiences expecting the same thing as before).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Making started off great, but I felt it was too many episodes. I got bored in the middle episodes. The ending was good. I think they could have shortened it about 3 or 4 episodes. One thing is for sure...they're NEVER going to figure out what really happened. It's too muddled.

Started watching Narcos. It's great!

Caught Billions on Showtime...seems like it will be decent.

Homeland was great this last season (as always). Probably my favorite show now that Sons of Anarchy left us :(

Walking Dead was meh to me this last season...I think I just keep watching cuz everyone else is :) They jumped the shark when Glen died, but then didn't. I did think the spinoff was good though, looking forward to Season 2 of that.

I've stopped watching Game of Thrones. And I will not watch it until Martin finishes the books. I'm a book snob, and I don't want to be spoiled :) But also, I think some of the liberties they are taking w/ the story aren't great and now that they are outpacing Martin the story is suffering. They seem to just do things for shock value at this point. Martin had 2 great "shockers" in the books (Ned's beheading and the Red Wedding) and they played out great on the big screen. I feel that the show writers are trying to create more of those moments and they are failing miserably (i.e. Sansa being raped). Ok, stepping off my soap box.

Looking forward to the next season of Suits. Love that show and surprised it doesn't get more pub/nominations.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

and I'm the exact opposite, I couldn't get through the first book of a song of ice and fire. I'm so glad they are finally outpacing the books, the lesser restrictions have given some great moments, hardhome episode was fantastic.

I do agree with you that the 'shocking' moments have been pretty bad though. Just added for the sake of it, instead of them being part of the story.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

I streamed the first episode of the X-Files revival last night, and it was very, very bad. I would have been disappointed if I had actually expected it to be any good, but reunions like that rarely work. It was so awful I'm surprised they didn't air back-to-back episodes instead of showing two on consecutive nights. If the second one is any good that could have washed the taste of the first one out of people's mouths even quicker.

There's only six episodes, so I'll give it another shot and hopefully it'll get better. I always preferred the Monster Of The Week episodes anyway, and I heard that's what the revival is going to offer in episodes 2-5, sandwiched in between two alien mythology episodes in the premiere and finale.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

The revival was pretty much doomed when Spotnitz and Vince Gilligan passed on it. And the reviews more or less confirmed the doom.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

The second episode, written and directed by James Wong, another veteran from the original run, was a huge improvement and worthy of the X-Files name.

The next two episodes are by Darin and Glen Morgan, who wrote some of the best episodes in the show's history, before Chris Carter wraps things up with two of his own.

It'll be interesting to see how the Chris Carter episodes compare when all is said and done. Maybe he's become the George Lucas of the franshise and needs to step away if it's going to have any future.

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

i sit in the middle of u both UDM and brock, im a poor reader, but want to finish this first book, ive been at it for months! At the same time, cant wait for the next season, its gonna be epic!

So yeah, watched S2 of Fargo, twas a terrific watch, very tense at times and you've still got people to root for on both sides. A shade off the first season, but i liked it nonetheless.

First 3 episodes of Bordertown (from Seth McFarlane) are positive, interested to see the next few

Narcos was very good, i did the 'ol TV show binge, which you tend to do for only good shows.

The Last Man on Earth S2, really ran out of steam, disappointed with plotline and strange amount of filler.

Im not well versed in the world of X-files, watched season 1 a few years ago and the random episode on telly, but not an avid fan, so not sure if its worth looking into this new one.

Still havent delved into Daredevil, and its probably next, unless, you give me something better? Anyone?
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Most say Jessica Jones is a better Marvel series than Daredevil. I recently watched 2 episodes of Daredevil and while the action is cool, I can't say I'm all that excited to continue watching.

Currently started watching The Last Panthers (a Euro crime thriller starring Samantha Morton) and Mr Robot. Need to watch a few more episodes to get into them properly.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

Anybody watching The Leftovers?

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Got through half this last season and my HBO source cut it from their plan. I'll probably finish this last season of The Leftovers when GoT starts up again.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

numbersix wrote:So anyone watched the Netflix doc series Making A Murderer? It's pretty crazy.
Through episode 6. Crazy stuff. No clue if he did it or not, but it's easy to see that sherrif's office is corrupt. The worst part is how they handled the nephew.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Anyone see the new Apatow show on Netflix, Love? It's kind of like a white LA version of Master of None with Britta from Community and the main "kid" from The Internship. The first half I thought was pretty good, but they seemed to want to make a completely different show in the second half. Or maybe they just didn't set up the second half properly.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

W wrote:Anyone see the new Apatow show on Netflix, Love? It's kind of like a white LA version of Master of None with Britta from Community and the main "kid" from The Internship. The first half I thought was pretty good, but they seemed to want to make a completely different show in the second half. Or maybe they just didn't set up the second half properly.
Totally forgot this came out on Friday, I'm watching mainly for Britta. I'll probably start tonight.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

I've been watching The People vs. O.J. Simpson and Vinyl recently. People v. O.J is a brilliantly-written and fascinating legal procedural with spectacular acting all-around. I'm very intrigued to see how they handle the actual trial.

Vinyl is off to a decent start. The flashbacks are really jarring and the narrative is a bit uneven so far, but Bobby Canavale is absolutely fucking sensational in the lead role and the music is awesome.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!