What's on the ol' boob tube RIGHT NOW.... or close to now

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

W
Norman Bates

Re: What's on the ol' boob tube RIGHT NOW.... or close to no

Post by W »

Ron Burgundy wrote:On Game of Thrones, i actually liked season 5 very much, probably 3rd best so far. More story for Ser Jora Mormont, Sansa's direction, Jon Snow, what becomes of him, The Mountain, High Sparrow, i could go on. Season 6 should be even better.

Anyone watched episode 1 of True Detective? It was very much an introduction to the characters, but sets it up very nicely.
I only watched The Brink and Ballers so far. I'll get to True Detective when I can, but I'm out of town and only had two half hour slots for TV watching so far.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

GAME OF THRONES GAME: PREDICT WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Since the show has moved beyond the books, let's see who can predict what will happen. Here are my predictions:

John Snow will be brought back to life by the Red Queen. Hopefully he'll now have more than 2 facial expressions. Being reincarnated he might not care about his pledge to the Night's Watch, and start gathering an army to fight the Boltons.

The Boltons will win the war by shipping in their cousin, Michael. His awful warbling will scare the armies of the North away.

Bran will discover a way to stop the White Walkers. But at this rate he'll be 4 seasons too late.

Ayra will learn to be a master assassin. And probably still have nothing to do with the rest of the plot.

Cersei will weasel her way out of any bad situation. And ensure that Margery is sentenced to death.

Danearys will spend yet another season moping about and learning what it is to be a leader. At the very end she'll win back her dragons and finally set sail for Westeros.

Tyrion will find his rightful places as the advisor of Danearys and/or ruler of Myreen. And then he'll be murdered.

Theon will redeem himself by rescuing Sansa and delivering her to safety. And then he'll be murdered.

Hodor.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

The True Detective premiere was alright. Colin Farrell was excellent and the last scene was really striking, but other than that, nothing really stood out. That being said, I'm optimistic about the prospects for the rest of the season. It's a slow-burning show and I won't really judge it till the full scope of the narrative is unveiled.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

numbersix wrote:GAME OF THRONES GAME: PREDICT WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN SEASON 6

Since the show has moved beyond the books, let's see who can predict what will happen.
A major character will die unexpectedly and people will be outraged, like they've never seen the show before.

A character will be raped and people will be outraged, like they've never seen the show before.

In between, lots of killin' and boobies and the occasional dragon.

Did I miss anything?

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Think we have a winner

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Finally finished Season 2 of True Detective. Wasn't worth the wasted time. Awful from start to finish. Pretentious, convoluted, poorly acted. No real interest in Season 3 unless they get a new writer on board.

Also watched This is England '90, the final part of the decade-spanning movie and TV series about a group of friends in a small English town. '90 was the weakest of the lot, having a first episode where nothing happened and a last episode with some storylines resolved far too quickly, but it was good to revisit the characters and Shane Meadows' mix of gritty drama and occasional laughs.

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

yeah, i watched True Detective S2 on a week by week basis, waiting for the next episode to lift the season, week by week, the substance evaporated. I thought Colin Farrell did his best with what he had, the others, not so much.

And i just finished season 2 of Rick & Morty. Maybe a small dip from the terrific 1st season, but still had some great episodes. Cant wait for S3, lucky South Park S19 just started :)

Also finished Silicon Valley S2, basically ditto for what i said bout Rick & Morty.

Whats next? No GoT for a while. Might have to get back into House of Cards, only seen the first season there. Still haven't seen The Walking Dead, apart from a stray 5 mins here and there, seems boring.
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

I'm looking forward to Season 2 of Les Revenants (The Returned) - it's Lost meets Twin Peaks. In French.

Also Fargo Season 2 is out this month.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Yeah, getting very busy for me over the next few weeks. Along with The Walking Dead starting next week I have Robot Chicken, Les Revenants, The Muppets, Fargo, American Horror Story, Sleepy Hollow and The Affair all before the end of October. Somewhere along the line I have to fit in a holiday to Italy for 8 days too!

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

So while im waiting to get my hands on Fargo and Narcos, I ended up watching the entire first season of Mr. Robot. Its got some similarities to Dexter in the way the main character narrates to the audience, but just when you think things are getting predictable, they don't take that road. If you haven't heard about the plot, Elliot, a young cyber-security worker is approached by Mr. Robot (Christian Slater in probably his best role in a long time) while also raising awareness of his co-workers solving a major security threat. Mr Robot represents a group of hackers whose goal is to take down the worlds largest credit company by wiping all records, leaving everyone debt free. I enjoyed this quite a lot. Looking forward to the next season.

Halfway through cartoon network's Over the Garden Wall with Elijah Wood and many guest star's voicing. Its entertaining, about two brothers who go into the woods get lost, meet some crazy characters while trying to find their way home. Creepy, weird, funny, surprising and most of all original.

Also started re-watching Death Note, its still very good even when you think- why did that guy say or do that?! Apart from the fucking horrible opening/closing music, its grating... maybe geez would like it? ;)

And also got season 1 of Daredevil, who has seen it? And whaddya think?
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Did they ever air the Season 1 finale of Mr. Robot? USA pulled it from the schedule in the US after the shooting in Oregon happened and was likely going to save it for Season 2.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Anyone watch Season 2 of Fargo? I think it managed to improve on the first season. Brilliant storytelling, perfectly traversing the worlds of thriller and comedy without contradicting itself. A host of amazing characters, with a hell of a climax. Pity that climax was in Episode 9, making the final episode a little weak, if not satisfactory. Great show, and having a different story per season worked wonders (unlike True Detective). Probably my favourite show of the year.

Though can't ignore Les Revenants, which seems to have wrapped up entirely at the end of Season 2. While Season 1 focused more on the emotional impact of the dead coming back, this tries to delve further into its mythos without giving away too much (and also without becoming too frustrating). Some answers were given in the final episode, but most importantly we had a sense of resolution. A wonderful show, probably the strangest and most beautiful since Twin Peaks.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

I plan on binging season 2 of Fargo over the next few days. Watched the pilot when it aired and was impressed by it, but got caught up with a bunch of other shit and never got to finish the season. Really looking forward to watching it.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

So anyone watched the Netflix doc series Making A Murderer? It's pretty crazy.

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

I've watched the first two episodes so far....fascinating!