What's on the ol' boob tube RIGHT NOW.... or close to now

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

numbersix
Darth Vader

Re: What's on the ol' boob tube RIGHT NOW.... or close to no

Post by numbersix »

To be fair, The Walking Dead started well. It was only after Season 1 that it slowed down, became repetitive, and eventually lost me.

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Kind of hilarious that people here are giving up on Gotham after just two episodes but constantly complain about The Walking Dead and yet, you still watch it.
Why is this "hilarious" to you?

Also, who said they are giving up on Gotham, yet also "constantly complain" about Walking Dead?

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

You said that you gave up Gotham and a few others here didn't like the pilot. Meanwhile, 3/4ths of the posts on The Walking Dead here are basically "nothing's happening" and "worst episode ever".
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Hmm...

I didn't see anyone complaining that Gotham was "slow" or that "nothing's happening." I think most of the frustration seems to focus on the overacting by some and the forcefulness of the show trying to shove things down your throat.

Also, they are 2 different shows about 2 different subject matters...can't we like one and not the other?

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Brockster wrote: Sons of Anarchy...ahh my favorite show...but what happened to you this season? I'm pretty disappointed in the final season...maybe my expectations were too high? Maybe they are setting the table for an epic finish? That's what I'm hoping for at least...we'll see.
SoA is going through its typical arc of a good first episode, a whole bunch of filler dumbness with random characters dying here and there, and then a strong last two episodes.

I haven't even seen the last two episodes and that's fine. Jax set into motion this whole thing with the Chinese in the last five minutes of the season premiere and Sutter's just been killing time until the series finale when he'll probably just kill everyone except Chuckie.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

I'll give you the Jada hamming it up thing, her acting does get annoying, but I think bashing Gotham for trying to shove villains down your throat is unfair. For one, that's kinda the point of the show. And for two, after the pilot, which has to be over the top with introducing characters because thats the hook, the has scaled that back immensely. Instead, focusing on one or two running storylines. I'm at least willing to give it a chance to see where it goes from here.

I'm loving Red Band Society, as far as new shows go.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Not exactly related to television but right now, I'm listening to the original radio version of The Mighty Boosh. For some reason, I find this Bob character hilarious.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I tried watching a few minutes of Community last week. I'm sorry but this is basically Dan Harmon's narcissistic way of saying how awesome he is. I did not care for it.

I also watched a clip of Mad Men for a class and found it hilariously overacted and sincere. It's a damn product, don't act like it's going to change the world.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

I just started season six of Foyle's War, and near the end of the 20th episode, after roughly 200 hours of programming, a bad guy pulled out a gun and took a shot at Foyle for the first time in the series. This is such a quintessentially British show that even the criminals are usually too polite to put up much of a fight when they're being arrested.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Netflix has just announced they will adapt A Series of Unfortunate Events to a series. Hopefully, this leads to other literary franchises to go to series (the Parker novels would make a great animated series).

And with Netflix being this big alternative for network television, I would love to see them give Mission Control (which NBC canceled after filming the pilot due to production issues, making the dull sounding Astronaut Wives Club the only female-led space race-themed series in 2015) a chance but I can't see NBC allowing that to leave their possession.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

NBC has canceled Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt before airing a single episode. However, Netflix has picked it up and will run not only the filmed episodes but also film a second season.

Either this is Netflix's way of playing with the Big Four or NBC not knowing what they've got.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

If you've seen my Facebook, I'm being unable to shut up about Jessica Jones (even though it doesn't start until next year and it's from the Marvel sausage factory). I'm actually excited for this.

Hell has truly frozen over.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

I have now seen every episode of Tim And Eric Awesome Show, Great Job, including the Chrimbus Special.

I don't think I'll ever be the same....

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Does anyone watch Justified? My wife and I have tried to start it twice but have only made it through 3 episodes. To me, it's just ok, but I'm trying to determine if we should keep watching it. I prefer shows that have a continuous story line over those that have a new "case" or storyline every show, which it seems like is happening on Justified. Does that continue, or is there an overall arc to each season? Does it get any better after the first 3 episodes? Thanks! I trust all of your opinions :)

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Brockster wrote:Does anyone watch Justified? My wife and I have tried to start it twice but have only made it through 3 episodes. To me, it's just ok, but I'm trying to determine if we should keep watching it. I prefer shows that have a continuous story line over those that have a new "case" or storyline every show, which it seems like is happening on Justified. Does that continue, or is there an overall arc to each season? Does it get any better after the first 3 episodes? Thanks! I trust all of your opinions :)
Definitely watch Justified. I own the whole series thus far and plan a rewatch before the last season starts. The second season is one of the best seasons of any show I've ever seen. It's based on a short story that covers only the pilot so it takes them a while to hit their stride and figure out exactly what they want the series to be. It starts out formulaic on a case based system, but becomes more of a story based arc mid first season. They do sometimes still have the one off case, but later in the series they feed into the larger arc. Once they figure it out they have some of the best characters on TV. It's excellent.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.