What's on the ol' boob tube RIGHT NOW.... or close to now

Discuss anything related to TV Shows here.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Re: What's on the ol' boob tube RIGHT NOW.... or close to now

Post by Buscemi2 »

Cowboy Bebop was canceled after one season. Between its seemingly endless production and mixed response, this might be the biggest TV flop in recent memory.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I saw a rumor that ViacomCBS is considering shutting down Showtime and making all Showtime content exclusive to Paramount+. I have to wonder if this also reignites the possibilities of ViacomCBS buying Starz from Lionsgate.

If true, between this and HBO's struggles, we might see the death of the pay cable network coming soon.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Looks like Showtime's sticking around for the time being. A24 must be keeping them afloat.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I'm beginning to wonder if Comcast is going to pull the plug on Peacock in hopes of buying Warner Bros. Discovery and getting HBO Max in the process. They've been offering $1.99 monthly subscriptions for the past few months and today, it was announced Girls5eva, one of their few popular shows, is moving to Netflix for its third season.

In addition, they don't have very many shows in current production and three of their four original movies next year are projects that had been long laying around in development hell while the fourth was a film Warner Bros. decided against making. If problems continue, they are really going to be hoping Pete Davidson and Seth MacFarlane save the streamer with their projects.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I guess Comcast is trying to make an attempt to save Peacock. They just struck a deal with The Hallmark Channel. Why?

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

It looks Epix isn't going anywhere. Amazon is renaming the channel MGM+ and among the projects in the works for the channel is a show set in the Spider-Man universe. MGM+ projects will eventually appear on Prime after a window period is met.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

When did The White Lotus suddenly get so popular? I don't think anyone was talking about this show until the last few weeks. Is this another Leftovers situation when audiences ignored the first season but quickly became a big deal once the second season arrived?

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Season 1 was a pretty big hit in summer 2021, so naturally that momentum was going to build into season 2
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Everyone I know raved about Season 1. I don't get it - it's a show about rich people being mildly obnoxious in a luxury hotel, with a half-assed attempt to show the lives of those who served them. It's not funny or enough to be satire, and the characters are too one-dimensional to care in any way.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

The streaming services are running some really cheap deals for this weekend.

https://www.techradar.com/black-friday/ ... ming-deals

I have to wonder if it's a sign of desperation for some of the ones that aren't Netflix or Prime Video or just a good way to increase subscriber bases.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Welp, I signed up for the Hulu, DIsney+, and HBO Max discount deals. For a combined price of $6.97 per month, it's cheaper than two HD rentals on demand.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

I ended up signing up for Peacock. $0.99/month for a year is absurdly cheap and now I can finally watch the MacGruber series after refusing to subscribe to the service for the past 11 months.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I did the $1.99 Peacock subscription a few months back and ended it after a month. There wasn't too much I was willing to pay extra for.

Maybe I'll come back if the remake of The Killer is any good but I doubt it is.

In other news, maybe peak TV is a thing after all as Amazon forced the Lucifier of television producers, Mark Burnett, out as head of MGM Television. But of course, that probably means Warner Bros. will hire him as he gave Discovery some of their most popular shows. That and no one ever seems to learn at Warner Bros. But it will be nice for the brief period where we aren't subjected to his crap.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

I'm not expecting to keep Peacock after the year is up barring a string of pleasant surprises, but being able to watch MacGruber, Poker Face, some Universal library titles/stuff I missed in theaters and maybe some other series over the next 12 months for less than the cost of 1 month of Netflix or HBO Max makes it worth it to me.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

If you have Prime Video, much of the newer Universal library will end up there a few months later. The only truly exclusive Peacock titles are things produced for the service (there's a Pete Davidson/Joe Pesci series coming that you might love), a few titles that their original distributors decided not to release theatrically (The Independent, My Son), and the odd non-Universal title like that Gerard Butler/Frank Grillo movie absolutely no one saw.