The Latest Date Changes

Discuss weekly box office numbers, PTA numbers, and date changes.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

undeadmonkey
Leon

Re: The Latest Date Changes

Post by undeadmonkey »

I can, and I'm excited

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

I hate the Pirates movies, they're so long and boring.

And Spider-Man 4 should not happen at all. They need to find a way to bring Doc Ock back, cause Spidey has terrible villains. Come on, The Sandman? The Vulture? And they already ruined the most famous one, Venom.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

I think that they should just reboot the series and start back at the beginning. Also, they should follow the comic book a little more (such as introducing Gwen Stacy as Spider-Man's girl BEFORE Mary Jane).

By the way, wouldn't someone like Chris Pine make a good Spider-Man?
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:And Spider-Man 4 should not happen at all. They need to find a way to bring Doc Ock back, cause Spidey has terrible villains. Come on, The Sandman? The Vulture? And they already ruined the most famous one, Venom.
I'm still pro spiderman 4. Hoping that number three was just a fluke and the next ones will continue to be just as fun as the first two which actually had great villians
Buscemi wrote:I think that they should just reboot the series and start back at the beginning. Also, they should follow the comic book a little more (such as introducing Gwen Stacy as Spider-Man's girl BEFORE Mary Jane).

I actually dont really like tobey maguire but for some reason he makes a great spiderman, and i dont think we need a reboot, there are still many great stories that can be told in this current on going series

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

One new change (and a big one to report):

The Ghost Writer (formerly known The Ghost): 2/19/2010

This is the film that Roman Polanski was working on when he was arrested for his 1979 rape charge. I never expected this film to get a US theatrical release or even find a US distributor. Summit is distributing the film and considering their track record with art films, will probably keep the release small and unknown.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

KeyserSoze
The McMannus Brothers

Post by KeyserSoze »

Buscemi wrote:I think that they should just reboot the series and start back at the beginning. Also, they should follow the comic book a little more (such as introducing Gwen Stacy as Spider-Man's girl BEFORE Mary Jane).

I just can't see Chris Pine as Spidey. Not milksoppy enough to play Parker. For the same reason that Jack Kirby would not have been a good Spidey artist (He drew the original cover to Amazing Fantasy 15 - Spidey's first appearance). Jack drew folks too muscular and too heroic, and they were looking more for someone who was not your typical looking hero which Ditko was perfect for.
Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God? Trick question, dickhead. Lemmy is God - Chazz and Rex, Airheads

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Also, I expect Footloose to be pulled from its June 18th release date. Filming was pushed back a couple months ago due to Kenny Ortega pulling out as director and choreographer. Currently, no new director or choreographer is attached (though I could see Adam Shankman taking over both positions).

thswrestler160
Private Pyle

Post by thswrestler160 »

star trek 2 6/29/12

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

Resident Evil: Afterlife (in 3D) Sony / Screen Gems 9/10/10

now it's moved back to September so I guess it will be ready on time, and im actually really looking forward to this one

is there any movie being released on 10/10/10?

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

October 10th is a Sunday so nothing will be released then.

Two new release dates:
Piranha 3-D 8/27/2010 (from 4/16/2010) (does this mean that The Weinstein Company will sell this one to another distributor, with it now having been delayed more than a year since its original July 2009 date?)
Faster 11/19/2010 (from 10/15/2010, now opening one week after Denzel Washington's Unstoppable)

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

New Release Dates:

Greenberg 3/12/2010 (from 3/26/2010)
Furry Vengeance 4/30/2010 (from 4/2/2010)
The Social Network 10/1/2010 (from 10/15/2010)
Paranormal Activity 2 10/22/2010 (this looks to be an in-name-only sequel)
True Grit 12/25/2010 (Spielberg and The Coen Brothers are teaming up on this one)
Footloose TBA 2011 (from 6/18/2010)

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

So Greenberg movies from 3/12 to 3/26 to 3/12. Sigh. I knew something would move from the overcrowded 4/2 to the undercrowded 4/30, but I thought it would be Diary of a Wimpy Kid, which still has nothing out.

Seems you were right about Footloose being pushed, Boush. Good call.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I'm also expecting delays on these three films:

The Losers: it's January and so far only a teaser poster (which reminds me of Band Of The Hand) is out. It's looking a bit like this one will move to June 18th.
Jonah Hex: currently, this film is being reshot with another director so it sounds as if the film is in trouble (or they are trying to cut most of the twenty minutes or so with Megan Fox* and replace it with the John Malkovich scenes currently being shot). Expect a delay to around September along with a revamped ad campaign (downplaying Megan Fox and mostly promoting it as a macho Western for older audiences).
The Town: Ben Affleck's directorial follow-up to Gone Baby Gone (starring him, Jon Hamm and Rebecca Hall) doesn't seem like a September release. I'm thinking that Warner Bros. will push it back to Oscar season.

*-Reports are saying that she is in very little of the final product and that she was on set for only a week. Warner Bros. is only making it look like it's more.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

Buscemi wrote:I'm also expecting delays on these three films:

The Losers: it's January and so far only a teaser poster (which reminds me of Band Of The Hand) is out. It's looking a bit like this one will move to June 18th.
Jonah Hex: currently, this film is being reshot with another director so it sounds as if the film is in trouble (or they are trying to cut most of the twenty minutes or so with Megan Fox* and replace it with the John Malkovich scenes currently being shot). Expect a delay to around September along with a revamped ad campaign (downplaying Megan Fox and mostly promoting it as a macho Western for older audiences).
The Town: Ben Affleck's directorial follow-up to Gone Baby Gone (starring him, Jon Hamm and Rebecca Hall) doesn't seem like a September release. I'm thinking that Warner Bros. will push it back to Oscar season.

*-Reports are saying that she is in very little of the final product and that she was on set for only a week. Warner Bros. is only making it look like it's more.
interesting note, I was at the Panavision Lab today, we got a tour of the place, and there were Jonah Hex's camera crew there, testing their cameras and stuff. It was pretty cool. The notes said that the camera's were being shipped out on the 25th.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Although it hasn't been confirmed by the studio yet, it seems Clash Of The Titans is being pushed back a week to the first weekend in April. This will probably have a serious effect on many of this season's slates.