Cameron Diaz officially the highest grossing actress ever

Discuss weekly box office numbers, PTA numbers, and date changes.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

nickb1016

Cameron Diaz officially the highest grossing actress ever

Post by nickb1016 »

So interesting thing I noticed today at boxofficemojo. Cameron Diaz passed Julia Roberts for the highest career box office gross of any actress. And by the end of the weekend will top Johnny Depp to become the 10th highest grossing actor period. With Shrek 3 still pulling the 3d crowd until it gets pummeled by Toy Story and Knight and Day on the horizon she could end up ranking as high #7. Yeah the girl had some help with Shrek but here name was prominently used in the ads for those films. I think this bodes pretty well for Knight and Day that it will have the 5th and 10th biggest earners behind it.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: Cameron Diaz officially the highest grossing actress ever

Post by Buscemi »

Reportedly, Knight and Day is only tracking $15-20 million opening weekend but I expect that to change quickly (since Fox moved the film up to Wednesday and they usually expect little from their movies).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

nickb1016

Re: Cameron Diaz officially the highest grossing actress ever

Post by nickb1016 »

I would be very surprised if this opened that low. I think it would have fared much better in the slot that Killers took but that being said it still has plenty of room and will serve as the best option for adults until Inception comes around.