Page 183 of 185

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

PostPosted: November 8th, 2019, 11:13 am
by numbersix
Because every single one has made a profit. Even the last one made close to $80m worldwide on a budget of $10m. And I suspect fare like this performs very well at home. So why not try again, maybe reduce the producion budget, and hope for a floor of $50m worldwide in theatres and make your profits through VOD and TV deals. I'm just glad I gave up after the 3rd one.

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

PostPosted: November 8th, 2019, 11:27 am
by Spectre
Yeah but that can be said for most good microbudget horror given a proper international release. The PA franchise has had a declining global take since PA3... there's no upside there. I get playing it safe to some extent but when something like Escape Room is making $150M WW, it doesn't feel like it should be that hard to beat what a PA movie can make at this point.

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

PostPosted: November 8th, 2019, 1:50 pm
by Aquamann2001
What about Fantasy Island. We haven’t seen anything yet. You think that is getting moved as well?

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

PostPosted: November 8th, 2019, 2:39 pm
by transformers2
There's absolutely no evidence that Fantasy Island or A Quiet Place 2 are in danger of getting pushed. They're still 3 and 4+ months away from release respectively, not having any marketing out is hardly anything to be alarmed by at this point. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony attached a Fantasy Island trailer to Charlie's Angels next week.

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

PostPosted: November 8th, 2019, 2:53 pm
by numbersix
FWIW, A Quiet Place 2 wrapped in Sept, and Fantasy Island wrapped in April.

I could see A Quiet Place 2 being pushed if there are reshoots or if it tests poorly, so that's a possibility. Fantasy Island should be fine, there's just little point in advertising it now when the focus is Christmas.

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

PostPosted: November 8th, 2019, 4:44 pm
by Buscemi2
Fantasy Island already has submitted a trailer to the MPA. A trailer should be out in the next few weeks.

Meanwhile in distribution news, MGM has picked up the domestic rights to Guy Ritchie's next film, Cash Truck. I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been any controversy over rewriting the lead to a male character (the film was intended for Sandra Bullock but became a Jason Statham vehicle).

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

PostPosted: November 8th, 2019, 4:49 pm
by numbersix
Buscemi2 wrote:Fantasy Island already has submitted a trailer to the MPA. A trailer should be out in the next few weeks.


Apparently it's screening before Doctor Sleep.

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

PostPosted: November 8th, 2019, 4:52 pm
by Buscemi2
I saw that. I wonder how much Sony or Blumhouse paid Warner Bros. for the placement.

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

PostPosted: November 9th, 2019, 1:40 am
by Screen203
transformers2 wrote:There's absolutely no evidence that Fantasy Island or A Quiet Place 2 are in danger of getting pushed. They're still 3 and 4+ months away from release respectively, not having any marketing out is hardly anything to be alarmed by at this point. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony attached a Fantasy Island trailer to Charlie's Angels next week.


Would have thought Paramount would have released a Quiet Place 2 trailer for Terminator/Doctor Sleep.

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

PostPosted: November 11th, 2019, 4:05 pm
by Buscemi2
Troop Zero will bypass theatres and premiere on Amazon Prime on 1/17/2020.

And new Paramount dates:

The Tomorrow War (yet another military vs. aliens movie) 12/25/2020
Babylon (let's see if Chazelle gets forgiven after the FIrst Man backlash) 12/25/2020 limited, 1/7/2021 wide

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

PostPosted: November 13th, 2019, 2:33 pm
by Buscemi2
New Paramount dates:

Rumble 1/29/2021 (from 7/31/2020)
Rugrats TBA (from 1/29/2021) (rumored to be going to Netflix)

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

PostPosted: November 14th, 2019, 12:31 am
by Screen203
Buscemi2 wrote:Troop Zero will bypass theatres and premiere on Amazon Prime on 1/17/2020.

And new Paramount dates:

The Tomorrow War (yet another military vs. aliens movie) 12/25/2020
Babylon (let's see if Chazelle gets forgiven after the FIrst Man backlash) 12/25/2020 limited, 1/7/2021 wide


I doubt Babylon will appeal much to conservatives (assuming you're talking about the flag controversy).

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

PostPosted: November 14th, 2019, 3:04 pm
by Buscemi2
New date:

Black Adam 12/22/2021 (Sherlock Holmes 3 set to move as a result)

Meanwhile, Netflix has picked up Beverly Hills Cop 4.

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

PostPosted: November 15th, 2019, 8:21 pm
by Buscemi2
New date:

The King's Man 9/18/2020 (from 2/14/2020)

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

PostPosted: November 15th, 2019, 8:22 pm
by Shrykespeare
Buscemi2 wrote:New date:

The King's Man 9/18/2020 (from 2/14/2020)


Oh shit. There goes a potential blockbuster for two people...