The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

Discuss weekly box office numbers, PTA numbers, and date changes.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

StarLord123
Nick Naylor

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

Post by StarLord123 »

The Super Mario Bros sequel has been dated for April 3rd, 2026.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Steve Buscemi's The Listener, which premiered at Tribeca last year but didn't get a distribution deal there despite its cast, will be released by Vertical on March 29th.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

Focus has dated Conclave for November 1st.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Sounds like Edward Berger's gunning for that Best Director Oscar.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Jerry Seinfeld's Unfrosted: The Pop-Tart Story hits Netflix on May 3rd.

Related to Netflix, Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F arrives on July 3rd.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

The theatrical-to-streaming pivot for Salem's Lot has been confirmed. It'll be released on Max at a TBD date later this year. Sucks for the filmmakers, but at least Zaslav didn't delete this one from existence in exchange for a tax break.

Also as expected, The Batman: Part II has been pushed back a full year to October 2, 2026.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I was sure it was getting shelved, as Coyote vs. ACME seemed to be the start of a new set of shelvings. However, given the cuts with the animation department, that seems be another excuse for Warner Bros. to get out of animation entirely (along with closing Cartoon Network Studios, canceling all Warner Animation Group features, and giving Velma a second season).

On a related note, I'm amazed James Gunn is still working with Warner Bros. He should have left and abandoned Superman: Legacy in protest of the shelving of one of his projects instead of further proving how much of a sellout he is.

And about this "deletions": anyone else convinced they never actually destroyed any existence of these shelved films? You would think there would be protection by the guilds and unions to prevent such products from being erased. I've heard of a few of these tax write-off projects from the 70's being rediscovered decades later and getting Blu-ray releases by small distributors.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Oh someone somewhere definitely has a copy of Coyote Vs Acme which they'll probably release if disgruntled with a capital D

StarLord123
Nick Naylor

Post by StarLord123 »

James Gunn probably wouldn't be able to quit working on Superman for contractual reasons, since he's now the head of DC studios.

In other news, Neve Campbell announced that she's received a truck load of cash to return for Scream 7, expected damage control after the Melissa Barrera fiasco. The surprise is that original writer Kevin Williamson is also on board to direct.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

Gunn was never going to leave WB on account of the Coyote v. Acme situation. They gave him the keys to run DC and he's not going to walk away from an opportunity that big.

Speaking of WB, here's some more dates:
Alto Knights 3/21/25 (from 11/15/24)
Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Film 8/8/25
The Bride! 10/3/25

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

James Gunn's Superman is probably going to be the flop of 2025. It's a movie not a lot of people are asking for and the casting choices haven't been promising. In addition, Gunn's defense of The Flash pretty much tips you off on what this movie is going to be like: an overblown disaster that has no idea what it wants to be.

If Gunn really cared about the art and the protection of not just his work but the works of others, he would have left Warner Bros. and returned to being an independent, where he made his best films. But instead, he's establishing himself to nothing more than a hack who values money and appealing to a vocal sect of the comic book community than standing up for the rights of the people who spend hours each day working on a film only to find out it's not being released because one person doesn't like it.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Speaking of Warner Bros., Final Destination 6 is in production, nearly thirteen years after it was first announced.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just reboot it at this point?

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

Buscemi2 wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 3:35 pm
James Gunn's Superman is probably going to be the flop of 2025. It's a movie not a lot of people are asking for and the casting choices haven't been promising. In addition, Gunn's defense of The Flash pretty much tips you off on what this movie is going to be like: an overblown disaster that has no idea what it wants to be.

If Gunn really cared about the art and the protection of not just his work but the works of others, he would have left Warner Bros. and returned to being an independent, where he made his best films. But instead, he's establishing himself to nothing more than a hack who values money and appealing to a vocal sect of the comic book community than standing up for the rights of the people who spend hours each day working on a film only to find out it's not being released because one person doesn't like it.
Not saying it's right, but WB's anti-art business practices haven't stopped people from working with them. They landed a ton of stuff including the new PTA, Ryan Coogler and a first-look deal with Tom Cruise since the end of the strikes and I'm going to take a wild guess and say that money was a big reason why they inked those deals. Hell, the only project that's has been publicly confirmed that they've lost recently is The Accountant 2 and while it's possible that Ben Affleck and co. took that project to Amazon on account of Zaslav's deletion of films, it's not confirmed.

StarLord123
Nick Naylor

Post by StarLord123 »

Venom 3 is officially titled Venom: The Last Dance, and has moved up to 10/25/24 (previously 11/8/24)

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

A24 is partnering with IMAX for a monthly screening series that will run from this month through next March. Ex Machina (March 27th), Hereditary (April 24th) and Uncut Gems (May 22nd) are the first three titles on the schedule with more to be announced later.