The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

Discuss weekly box office numbers, PTA numbers, and date changes.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

transformers2
John Rambo

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

Post by transformers2 »

New Sony dates:
65 3/17/23 (from 3/10/23)
Heart of a Lion 4/28/23 (from 3/31/23)

So I guess Sony is more afraid of Scream VI than Shazam!
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Heart of a Lion was going to get pushed because of Creed III. And MGM has another boxing movie in Flint Strong coming later in the year, which may or may not be a theatrical title.

Meanwhile, Sony's claiming that 65 moving up is that they believe it's going to be a hit. I guess they are ignoring that Adam Driver isn't a box office draw and their last attempt at a prehistoric epic (Alpha) flopped.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Post by Screen203 »

transformers2 wrote:
December 21st, 2022, 10:35 pm
New Sony dates:

Buscemi2 wrote:
December 21st, 2022, 11:03 pm
Heart of a Lion was going to get pushed because of Creed III. And MGM has another boxing movie in Flint Strong coming later in the year, which may or may not be a theatrical title.

Meanwhile, Sony's claiming that 65 moving up is that they believe it's going to be a hit. I guess they are ignoring that Adam Driver isn't a box office draw and their last attempt at a prehistoric epic (Alpha) flopped.
65 is kind of stuck in a Catch-22 situation - it's already been delayed a few times, and there is a lot of competition in March.

I don't think it will do that well, no matter where it opens - it will probably perform like Life/Annihilation did, maybe a little bit more or less depending on reviews.
It's not destroying. It's making something new.

Image courtesy of -
https://nerdist.com/annihilation-shimmer-ending-explained/

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Anyone remember when a third installment of The Best Man was announced only to get canceled by Universal? It looks like it got revived as a miniseries for Peacock, which just premiered today with almost no fanfare.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Screen203 wrote:
December 21st, 2022, 11:56 pm
transformers2 wrote:
December 21st, 2022, 10:35 pm
New Sony dates:

Buscemi2 wrote:
December 21st, 2022, 11:03 pm

65 is kind of stuck in a Catch-22 situation - it's already been delayed a few times, and there is a lot of competition in March.

I don't think it will do that well, no matter where it opens - it will probably perform like Life/Annihilation did, maybe a little bit more or less depending on reviews.
Agreed, but the 17th doesn't seem like the best release date to maximize its BO.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

After taking December off, the Regal Mystery Movie is returning on January 9th. The hints so far are that it's PG-13, is not from a streaming service, and is from a major studio. Early suggestions point to it being Missing but the listed 130 minute run time for the total presentation makes me think it's something else (80 for Brady is the other possibility that I've seen).

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Missing has a confirmed running time of 111 minutes, so that could be it.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Sony must have just confirmed the length. I couldn't find a run time and assumed it was under 90 minutes.

But then again, Searching ran 102 minutes and sequels are rarely shorter than their predecessors.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Cameron Diaz has come out of retirement. She's currently filming a new film with Jamie Foxx, appropriately titled Back in Action, for Netflix.

Between Diaz and Reese Witherspoon, could Netflix be the new place for comeback projects?

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Looks like A Man Called Otto's January 6th expansion will be a wide one. Tickets are being sold in my area for that weekend.

Meanwhile, James Mangold's Bob Dylan biopic is now titled A Complete Unknown. I preferred the original title of Goin' Electric.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I think I'm going to stop posting on this thread for a while. HSX, my main source of information, is toxic again.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Why what's going on?

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I thought there was going to be some peace and good will after the banning of Baron_Darcon, that right-wing troll that wouldn't shut up about his Star Wars hate. But as one left, it seems as if more asshole posters came about.

There's The Weekend Warrior, who only seems to like mediocrity and has some weird beliefs about COVID (a few years back, he tried to claim Andrew Cuomo was behind COVID all because he had to cross state lines to see Tenet), VictorY, the Snydercut fanboy who only seems to emerge when a DC movie comes out, goodvibe61, who has anything but, complaining about how Netflix movies are made-for-TV movies and hates anything that's not a violent action film, and various other angry white guy posters. Most posts lately just feel like doom and gloom or the posters disliking anything that doesn't appeal to them.

My breaking point was goodvibe talking about how a film like Women Talking shouldn't exist because it doesn't appeal to people like him and that it hasn't been a hit. Personally, I think Women Talking looks overstylized and I'm not a fan of Rooney Mara but I absolutely think something like it should exist. There's a story to tell. goodvibe seems to believe that to save the industry, all movies should appeal solely to him and just be violent action films. And that's how most of them think, seemingly trashing everything but Violent Night and Terrifier 2. It's like being on r/Movies, only they're all in their forties and have never watched a subtitled film in their lives.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Sounds like a fun place...
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Looks like Skinamarink is going the Terrifier 2 route and playing evenings only on opening weekend. Meanwhile, the much less hyped The Devil Conspiracy is getting matinees on the same day of release.

I guess IFC is just using this theatrical run to increase Shudder subscriptions.

Meanwhile, Women Talking's wide expansion is no longer happening. Wouldn't be surprised if it hit Prime next month to increase its awards awareness.