The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

Discuss weekly box office numbers, PTA numbers, and date changes.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

Post by Buscemi2 »

Warner Bros. is considering pushing Godzilla vs. Kong to later in 2020 in hopes of winning back those who didn't tune into King of the Monsters. I'd say the first thing to do is get a new director.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Arctic Dogs has been pushed from 11/1 to 11/8. I'm sure that'll make ALL the difference. :lol:

Surprised no one picked up this potential titan in Division A...
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

It stars James Franco and was from the guy who did Spark. It's not going to do a damn thing.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Are You Afraid of the Dark? has been retooled as a miniseries. Looks like Paramount got scared by Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Post by Spectre »

Buscemi2 wrote:Are You Afraid of the Dark? has been retooled as a miniseries. Looks like Paramount got scared by Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.
I thought that the Nickelodeon revival was announced at the same time the movie was? As far as I know, they're different projects.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Paramount announced that the miniseries will be first. They claim the movie is coming later (apparently without the planned crossover, a la the aborted Dark Tower project at Sony) but I'll be surprised if it ever arrives. The idea was to do it as cheaply and quickly as possible (and the choice of D.J. Caruso as director wasn't an inspiring one, if you saw his last attempt at horror) but it seems less cynical heads prevailed.

Personally, what's the point? The show wasn't even that great and I don't get the following it has. It's like how Clarissa Explains it All is only remembered because Suzanne Collins wrote for it. Take Collins out of the equation and it's nothing more than a TNBC show.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Buscemi2 wrote:Paramount announced that the miniseries will be first. They claim the movie is coming later (apparently without the planned crossover, a la the aborted Dark Tower project at Sony) but I'll be surprised if it ever arrives. The idea was to do it as cheaply and quickly as possible (and the choice of D.J. Caruso as director wasn't an inspiring one, if you saw his last attempt at horror) but it seems less cynical heads prevailed.

Personally, what's the point? The show wasn't even that great and I don't get the following it has. It's like how Clarissa Explains it All is only remembered because Suzanne Collins wrote for it. Take Collins out of the equation and it's nothing more than a TNBC show.
My cousin named her daughter Clarissa maybe four years ago. Has no clue what Clarissa Explains it All is/was. If it was on TGIF or SNICK, from 1990-1998 I probably saw it.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I saw it a few times in reruns. I was more of a Sabrina the Teenage Witch person, to be fair.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Clarissa Explains It All was a great kids/pre-teen show. It was basically Pete & Pete, with a girl main character.

I don't know who Suzanne Collins even is, but Clarissa was a staple of the early 90s.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Clarissa Explains It All was a great kids/pre-teen show. It was basically Pete & Pete, with a girl main character.

I don't know who Suzanne Collins even is, but Clarissa was a staple of the early 90s.
Author of The Hunger Games. I didn't know she worked on the show (though I just learned that's all the shows known for). Having a kid I've watched some Disney Channel, Nick, etc shows from about 2012-2016 and they're all basically crappier remakes of SNICK and TGIF and stuff like Saved By The Bell. Selena Gomez owes her career to Melissa Joan Hart if you think about it that way.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Sometimes, I have to wonder if you really take what I say with absolute seriousness. You can tell me that I'm wrong and try to change my mind, just saying.

Back on topic, Saban has picked up Rob Zombie's 3 from Hell and will premiere it via Fathom Events on September 16th for a three-day wide engagement. Not sure if it will report as Fathom does but Saban doesn't. I wonder if Jay and Silent Bob Reboot will do the same.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Miramax is for sale again. MGM, Lionsgate, Viacom, and Sony have all shown interest in buying either half or all of the company in hopes of getting access to its large library but I have a feeling a dark horse (meaning another venture capitalist that will sit on the library and not make anything new) will swoop in and agree to a deal.

In other news, Wish Dragon has lost its planned 7/26/2019 date and will open sometime next year. Possible plans to release this one wide?

Edit: it looks like The Ballad of Richard Jewell is coming for Christmas or early next year. Paul Walter Hauser and Sam Rockwell will play the roles originally set for Jonah Hill and Leonardo DiCaprio.

Also, there might be two Chloe Zhao films coming out next year. Nomadland has finished filming but post-production has been delayed until after The Eternals is finished. Could Zhao be the first filmmaker to have a Marvel film and a Best Director nomination in the same year?

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

It looks like Amazon's essentially going to dump The Report despite spending millions on it. After its 9/27/2019 opening, it will hit Prime just two weeks later.

Why did they even bother to hype it up if they were going to treat it like a made-for-TV movie? They treated Life Itself better than this and no one liked that one.

Meanwhile, the 12/13/2019 Blumhouse title has been revealed to be...another remake of Black Christmas. It seems like no one learned from when it was remade a decade ago.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Wild Rose is no longer going wide. I guess it was too Scottish for mainstream audiences.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

If it's not Scottish, it's CRAP!!!
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)