The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

Discuss weekly box office numbers, PTA numbers, and date changes.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

Post by Screen203 »

Buscemi2 wrote:
April 27th, 2022, 10:18 pm
Disney, seeing the recent boom in widely-released Indian films, has scheduled the first of a trilogy of superhero films, Brahmastra, for a 9/9/2022 bow. I have to wonder if these are successful, they find a way to include these characters in the MCU (even though this is supposed to the start of its own universe called the Astraverse).

Disney has also scheduled a reissue of Avatar, which should have footage from the sequel or at least a long trailer before, for 9/23/2022.
I never actually saw the first in theaters, so I will probably end up seeing the re-release. Any word on if it will be in 3D/IMAX 3D?
It's not destroying. It's making something new.

Image courtesy of -
https://nerdist.com/annihilation-shimmer-ending-explained/

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

Screen203 wrote:
April 27th, 2022, 10:40 pm
Buscemi2 wrote:
April 27th, 2022, 10:18 pm
Disney, seeing the recent boom in widely-released Indian films, has scheduled the first of a trilogy of superhero films, Brahmastra, for a 9/9/2022 bow. I have to wonder if these are successful, they find a way to include these characters in the MCU (even though this is supposed to the start of its own universe called the Astraverse).

Disney has also scheduled a reissue of Avatar, which should have footage from the sequel or at least a long trailer before, for 9/23/2022.
I never actually saw the first in theaters, so I will probably end up seeing the re-release. Any word on if it will be in 3D/IMAX 3D?
There doesn't seem to be any explicit confirmation, but it would be surprising if it wasn't.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

IMAX likes to have the occasional fill-in so I would figure it will play on their screens for a week, especially since it already has had the IMAX mastering done.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

Park Chan Wook's Decision to Leave has been acquired by MUBI for release in North America, the UK, India and Turkey.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

So it will probably be a very small US release then. MUBI US seems to take whatever gets passed on by everyone else and this sounds like a film no one else in the US wanted to release (Furry underground fighting ring? What?).

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

MUBI are scaling up at the moment, having bought Europe's largest sales agent The Match Factory. They are aiming to be a powerhouse of arthouse cinema, and over here did exclusive deals on The Worst Person in the World, Drive My Car, Farewell Amor, Cow, etc. Not sure how US distro works for them, but I would keep an eye to see how they grow.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

The Worst Person In The World and Drive My Car are both coming out as Criterion releases later this year, and the only home video titles we have from Mubi are Region B releases like Annette. Maybe that'll change going forward, but I think they're largely a streaming service in North America for now.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

I'm glad that new Park Chan-wook film, which I haven't seen yet but appears to be a fascinating noir, mysterious and romantic, has been bought by a big distrib in France for a theatrical release.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

Chienfantome wrote:
April 29th, 2022, 10:36 am
I'm glad that new Park Chan-wook film, which I haven't seen yet but appears to be a fascinating noir, mysterious and romantic, has been bought by a big distrib in France for a theatrical release.
MUBI is just starting to establish its footing in US and Canada and this will apparently be their widest theatrical release to date in these territories, so hopefully a lot of us over here get that opportunity as well.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

New dates (The MCU switcheroo edition):
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania 2/17/23 (from 7/28/23)
The Marvels 7/28/23 (from 2/17/23)

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

The Erwin Brothers are using Fathom Events to distribute a documentary they produced on Johnny Cash for an October release. This seems to suggest they are no longer tied with Lionsgate and might mean The Unbreakable Boy is no longer with Lionsgate. I wouldn't be surprised see Sony pick the latter up.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

John Woo's remake of The Killer is back in development as a project at Peacock. I wonder if this means Fincher's The Killer will have to seek a new title.

transformers2
Neo

Post by transformers2 »

Universal has dated Cocaine Bear for February 24th, 2023.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

This is Alden Ehrenreich's first film appearance since Solo. Even Taylor Kitsch appeared in things not long after his supposed career-killing role.

Did Disney blacklist Ehrenreich after Solo as Ron Howard is too nice to place blame on? I find it puzzling that an actor who was the leading role in a film would just disappear for five years with no explanation. Channing Tatum at least had reasons for his absence.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

More than two years after its premiere, Dinner in America will finally get a US release on May 27th.

Meanwhile, eOne has scheduled Dashcam, which had success at Toronto despite negative critical response, for June 3rd. Expect a very small theatrical run.