The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

Discuss weekly box office numbers, PTA numbers, and date changes.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

Post by Buscemi2 »

In a quiet announcement, Disney+ has revealed they will finally be releasing Magic Camp on August 14th. We can now see why Disney was so afraid to release it two years ago.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

You thought that COVID would spare us from another Dinesh D'Souza propaganda film? It looks like we're getting another one on August 7th and somehow, he got a distributor for this one (Cloudburst, which I found out was founded by a former Pure Flix executive, probably the one who was responsible for getting his last two released).

How many COVID deniers are going to see this one, which seems to D'Souza telling us how we're wrong for not believing his easily debunked conspiracy theories and thinking that even a junior high kid would shake their heads at for two hours? I'm amazed he's not at the same level as Alex Jones or any alt-right figure and just releasing these things on YouTube at this point.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

Here are the highlights from the press release Warner Brothers put out after pulling Tenet from its August 12th release date:
1.The announcement of a new release date is "imminent".
2.Nolan's wish for a simultaneously global release will no longer be honored. The plan is to release it ASAP in markets where theaters are already open before it makes its way to the US and China-which reopened theaters in a good chunk of markets yesterday, but currently has a 120-minute length restriction in place (Tenet is 150 according to the Chinese ratings board) at a later date.
3.It will not follow the unique window that Scoob! (Premium VOD for roughly a month>HBO Max>Home Video/traditional VOD a few weeks later) just utilized.
4.In the same release, Warner Brothers also confirmed The Conjuring 3 has been pushed from September 11th to June 4th, 2021. No additional moves for their titles (stateside or globally) have been announced at this time.
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

I just wish Nolan would give up and call it a loss. Tenet is not going to be the big hit he thinks it will be. Unless he called it Inception 2. Also, I think he should refuse to release it in China instead of pandering to them and cutting 30 minutes. Fox wouldn't let Deadpool be released edited so why should Nolan back down?

Meanwhile, I think The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It will get dumped onto HBO Max. The Conjuring Universe has been a victim of overexposure and after The Curse of La Llorona and Annabelle Comes Home, it's time to put this series out to pasture.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

There's zero chance that The Conjuring 3 goes straight to HBO Max - it could go to VOD though.

The Conjuring series is a huge money maker for WB.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

I can't help but wonder if going to theaters will ever happen again.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

That certainly seems feasible in our country right now :lol:

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

There's a rumor that Sony might dump The Broken Hearts Gallery to streaming. Which makes me wonder why the hell they even picked it up in the first place (other than there's an attempt to make the girl from Blockers a big star)?

Of course, this is the same company that's trying to make Finn Wolfhard the new face of Ghostbusters and cast Noah Centineo as He-Man.

As for movie theatres, I really don't miss them anymore. Sure, the experience is great and the popcorn is best there but I like not having to be around people that annoy me or the same few movies being shown over and over (last December, they showed Elf and Love Actually almost non-stop here just because Disney pulled Home Alone). And before COVID-19, this summer looked like one of the worst in years.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Buscemi2 wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 10:11 pm

Of course, this is the same company that's trying to make Finn Wolfhard the new face of Ghostbusters and cast Noah Centineo as He-Man.
I know for a fact that 13-14 year olds like Finn Wolfhard. Nostalgic adults are going to watch it anyway. If you're trying to get the kids, it was a good casting.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Finn Wolfhard is a charismaless actor who hasn't proven himself as a leading man and has been like wallpaper in everything he's been in. The only people who seem to like him are people who think him saying fuck is the epitome of humor.

Afterlife feels as if it's only going to enjoyed by angry white men who insist Answer the Call never happened. I mean, why else is McKenna Grace's character made up to look like a boy?

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Buscemi2 wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Finn Wolfhard is a charismaless actor who hasn't proven himself as a leading man and has been like wallpaper in everything he's been in.

The only people who seem to like him are people who think him saying fuck is the epitome of humor.
My 14 year old, her friends, and countless people that made Stranger Things and It 1/2 very popular disagree.
Afterlife feels as if it's only going to enjoyed by angry white men who insist Answer the Call never happened.

Isn't the studio insisting this? It didn't do well enough so it didn't get a sequel or join the canon (at least I don't think it did) and they said "Let's try again." There were a couple of bright spots, but it was all-around a below average movie.
I mean, why else is McKenna Grace's character made up to look like a boy?
No one cares? You think people making this movie are thinking "What will quiet keyboard warriors? I got it! Overalls!"

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

The Trial of the Chicago 7 has been set for an October 16th release on Netflix.
Last edited by transformers2 on July 22nd, 2020, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Remember that Tetris movie that was announced a few years back? It's still happening but it's actually a film about the legal battle over the rights to Tetris rather than the action movie about Tetris pieces that everyone on the Internet seemed to believe it was. Taron Egerton is starring and the director of Stan & Ollie is helming.

I have to imagine this will fare better than that Grand Theft Auto/Jack Thompson movie with Daniel Radcliffe and Bill Paxton that never left the UK.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

That Tetris movie sounds like it could be pretty good. I just listened to a podcast about the story and it has a lot of Soviet intrigue.

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Looks like Bill and Ted 3 is going straight to VOD now. Que the music people! The Doors "This is the End"

While I think that HUGE blockbusters may eventually find their way back into theaters (although it may be a LONG while before that happens), I find it hard to believe mid level and indie movies will find their way back.

Also, 2020 can suck a dick.