The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

Discuss weekly box office numbers, PTA numbers, and date changes.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Screen203
Clark Griswald

Re: The Latest Date Changes 2: The New Batch

Post by Screen203 »

Antebellum is set to open on Augsust 21st.
It's not destroying. It's making something new.

Image courtesy of -
https://nerdist.com/annihilation-shimmer-ending-explained/

ROBDude
Peter Gibbons

Post by ROBDude »

New Lionsgate Release Changes:

Barb & Star Go To Vista Del Mar & Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard have been delayed from July 2020 and August 2020 to July 2021 and August 2021.
American Underdog: The Kurt Warner Story has been delayed from December 2020 to December 2021.
Fatale has been delayed from June 2020 to October 2020.
Spiral has secured a new release date of May 2021. Surprising, because I thought it was going to be pushed to October, but I guess it was pushed to May of next year to avoid competition with Halloween Kills.
Keanu Reeves Day 2021 is officially and unfortunately cancelled, as John Wick 4 has been delayed from May 2021 to May 2022. Warner Bros.' Matrix 4 has not been delayed from its May 2021 date.....yet.

https://www.thewrap.com/john-wick-4-pus ... s-to-2021/
Current Film Watchlist:

Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire
Monkey Man
Civil War
Spy X Family: Code White
The First Omen
The Fall Guy
Kingdom Of The Planet Of The Apes

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Hamilton has been moved up a year and will premiere on Disney+ on July 3rd. I guess the increase of subscribers will offset the $75 million spent on it.

Meanwhile, Amazon is set to buy AMC, which seems to suggest that they are going to try to keep the theatrical experience going for their releases if they get the chance. It likely also ends the Universal boycott.
It's like what Lenin said...I am the walrus.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

New Mutants is holding off streaming for now. They redated it August 28.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

If New Mutants were to end up direct-to-streaming for whatever reason, it would have to go on HBO Max. Disney doesn't gain streaming access to new Fox titles until after their deal with HBO ends in 2022 (not sure if it's at the beginning or end of the year though).
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Not entirely true. Disney has set another Fox title, Vacation Friends, for a Hulu debut later in the year.

Meanwhile, someone needs to start a bet of which long-delayed Disney title will come out first: New Mutants or Magic Camp.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

More streaming news:

- Netflix has picked up Bad Trip, even after Amazon accidentally leaked the film last month.

- Warner Bros. has sold Clouds (which sounds almost exactly like I Still Believe) to Disney+, who will premiere it in the Fall.

Also, The Forever Purge has been indefinitely delayed. Between this and the TV series based on the films being canceled, I have to wonder if this will get dumped onto Peacock or another streaming service.

Meanwhile, it looks Wicked is finally coming out in late 2021 as a January start date has been announced. I figured Cats would have killed this project altogether.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Not sure if this is old news (probably is), but I saw that Scoob is going straight to streaming, beginning... today?
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Yes. $24.99 it costs to rent.

Apparently, the film is a real dog (pun intended?) so if you want to see it, wait for a price drop.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

In related news, David Ayer's crime thriller The Tax Collector starring Shia LaBeouf has gotten picked up by RLJE and subsequently been set for a TBD August VOD release. Going to be interesting to see if the number of long-completed films getting bought by small studios/streaming platforms increases during this time.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

Capone (the film formerly known as Fonzo) wasn't worth the wait, apparently. Neither was The Jesus Rolls. I'm going to say some of them only get picked up if the price is right.

Meanwhile, I'm surprised Shout Factory hasn't announced a date for Misbehaviour, or if they'll do a virtual cinema revenue sharing agreement like Bleecker Street is for the similarly-aimed Military Wives. This has been available as a virtual cinema title in the UK since March.

Buscemi2
Mad Max

Post by Buscemi2 »

In an interesting twist, Valley Girl got a drive-in run a week after its on-demand premiere.

The Vast of Night also opened at a few drive-ins this week with all tickets being 50 cents, via a promotion with Amazon.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

I thought this is super interesting. In this pandemic landscape where lesser movies are being shuffled off to streaming (The Lovebirds, Bad Trip), it was just announced that Greyhound will be going straight to Apple TV+.

This is probably the biggest movie to be bumped from theatrical to streaming, right? Hanks is still a huge star and this thing had a budget of $50M.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

That's honestly shocking. Why wouldn't Sony just throw it on demand if they didn't want to wait for theaters to open back up to date it?

And yes I'd agree that this is the biggest planned theatrical release to be dumped to streaming thus far.
Last edited by transformers2 on May 19th, 2020, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

It's evident studios are suffering and haemorrhaging money, so I expect it was a good offer they couldn't resist.

Hollywood is burning at the moment. Agents and execs are getting fired and furloughed left, right, and centre.