The Latest Date Changes

Discuss weekly box office numbers, PTA numbers, and date changes.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

numbersix
Darth Vader

Re: The Latest Date Changes

Post by numbersix »

Who?

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Those people who made Fireproof, that Kirk Cameron movie that somehow made $30 million.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Oh ok. Don't think it's a cash-grab then. It's more like a film-maker catering to an audience that felt excluded by mainstream cinema: conservatives.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

They are preachers making movies. When a preacher sees money a lot of the time, they take it for themselves.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Well I don't see how that's different from any film-maker, to be honest. And they are working under the pretense that they are spreading the word through the themes they are conveying.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

The profits are supposed to be money for their church. Some preachers will skim that money and take for themselves. The Kendrick Brothers strike me as the kind of people that steal from their church.

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

wow, sometimes you don't even try to hide your prejudice

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

So you have made four comments in a conversation regarding their corruption all based on a hunch? Well at least your consistent....

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Buscemi wrote:Early report on an upcoming release: the latest money-grab from The Kendrick Brothers (or Those People Who Made That Shitfest Fireproof), Courageous, runs 130 minutes. Are they challenging Judd Apatow for the most over-indulgent filmmaker award?
How is a movie that is barely over 2 hours indulgent?

And those religious indies seem to make money so I can see why they'd keep making them.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

It's indulgent when your previous films have been short and you did the same plot in your last movie. And it's a low-budgeted indie film in which every actor is probably friends with the directors and not a professional. It's indulgent and makes it seem like you padded much of the film because you were too proud (or egotistical) to cut anything.

It's like a director's cut of Fireproof that no one asked for.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

silversurfer19 wrote:So you have made four comments in a conversation regarding their corruption all based on a hunch? Well at least your consistent....
Well sometimes hunches can lead to bigger things.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Their church is the production company. Most of if not all the proceeds go to the church they work for. The first profits from Fireproof were used for a park in their city. Bastards!
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

That's nice but it could be a cover. Many aspiring schemers have legitimate covers.

Okay, okay. I'll take back what I said about The Kendrick Brothers. I still don't trust preachers that much though (for personal reasons, mostly).

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

yea, i'm not saying there aren't horrible religious people and preachers. I know of a church that requires it's members to pay ten percent of their income, they have to give up tax information, pay stubs, and even bank information so the church can take it out of their bank if they don't pay their tithe. but you are generalizing and assuming about people you don't even know.

thswrestler160
Private Pyle

Post by thswrestler160 »

busch did you by any chance SEE any of the Kendrick Brothers movies? fireproof was actually really good for its low budget and preachy message, the fact that my theater was selling out shows for it an entire month after the film opened proves that people like the movie. Also Fireproofs running time was 122 min, a whole whopping 8 minutes less than courageous, facing the giants was just under two hours.

ALSO they aren't at all the same story line. Just because both movies focus on men in the line of duty does not make it the same story. Fireproof was about marriage and Courageous is about men stepping up and being a good father.