FULL YEAR DRAFT LEAGUE EXPANSION VOTE RUNOFF

All league discussion for the currently in-play box office seasons.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

undeadmonkey
Leon

Re: FULL YEAR DRAFT LEAGUE EXPANSION VOTE RUNOFF

Post by undeadmonkey »

Not that it matters, but Option 3 sounds fun.

maybe if it was different enough, we could support a second year long draft that runs from january to december

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Okay, so it looks like Division B is still expanding, but only by one player (Screen203). The other prospective new player has withdrawan their offer to play due to time constraints.

So Division B will have eleven players, and will draft over fifteen rounds.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Fuckin' Aye Man! Let's get this shit going!

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Are we starting this Friday? If Avengers is going to be included like last year, shouldn't we start it sooner since whomever is drafting it will have a good idea of what it's making based on Thu/Fri projections? Just at thought.

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Post by Spectre »

I don't know that we can start it yet. In Division A at least, my math says leestu and Shaan are incredibly close and there will probably be less than a $5M difference between Boosh and six as well. Might make it tough to figure out draft positions without this weekend's box office... but I'll defer to Shryke if he feels good about an order.

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Shit I didn't even consider that. I guess that's what happens when you're nearly in last place in Division B :lol:

Edit: If some of the races are so close that it won't be decided until after the last weekend, I don't see how we can include Avengers in next years draft. It takes part of the guessing game (i.e. the fun) out of it if you know how well the film did in the first weekend. That's just my opinion.

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Post by Spectre »

I think there's still some guessing involved around Avengers so long as we start the draft on Sunday/Monday given that the first week take is excluded. I have absolutely no idea how the legs are going to be on something that is sure to be massively front loaded from all of the pre-sales.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Last year we started drafting on the Sunday of the weekend Avengers came out of, so no reason why we can't do that again

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Some guessing yes, but not as much. I know I'll be overridden, but it's just my opinion. :|

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Remember that, like this past year, the Avengers numbers WILL NOT START ACCUMULATING until Friday, May 3. Everything the film earns in its first seven days will not be counted.

Regarding when we start... I will do my best to keep abreast of the numbers as they come in, plugging in whatever estimates there are into the standings. If I believe we can reasonably cement a draft order based on Sunday's estimates (that is, there are NO races in question), then we can start on Sunday. If, however, after plugging the estimates in, there are still races that are, say, less than $3M apart, then we may have to wait until Monday.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

NicodemustheSage
Fletch

Post by NicodemustheSage »

I'm fine with waiting until all final numbers are in and validated, btw. I'd also be fine going the other way, but it seems to me everyone ought to enjoy the full potential value of their slates when considering what order they are tapped to draft in.

I trust Shrykey to do whatever he seems fair, right and proper, regardless. I think this is gonna come right down to the wire, which is a win-win all around, from my vantage.

--Nico.
I remain, as always.