2016-17 Full-Year Slates (Division A)

All league discussion for the currently in-play box office seasons.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Aquamann2001
Fletch

Re: 2016-17 Full-Year Slates (Division A)

Post by Aquamann2001 »

Gotcha well then can we at least say Chien is on he clock with he number 2 pick? We all know what the first pick will be already.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Aquamann2001 wrote:If my pick position is the only thing left undecided before starting the draft; I am willing to let six choose 7 or 8. I don't care either way. Let's get this party started.
I choose 7th.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Aquamann2001 wrote:Gotcha well then can we at least say Chien is on he clock with he number 2 pick? We all know what the first pick will be already.
I'm ready to draft whenever we launch it. I've got my list all ready with 190 films on it. As soon as Shryke will give us the signal, I'll be there don't worry Aqua.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

It will probably be Sunday afternoon at the earliest, after the weekend estimates come in. If it's still too close to call, it will have to wait until Monday afternoon.

It's not that big a deal, really. The only movie from the first weekend of the season that anyone's going to pick is GOTG2, which will likely be one of the first 2 or 3 picks anyway. By the time the second weekend rolls around, most of those wide-release films will be gone too.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Aquamann2001
Fletch

Post by Aquamann2001 »

Congrats Spectre on the well deserved win! In a year where the Star Wars and survive path to victory wasn't really an option. I think I drafted right next to you and thought I had a pretty good draft but you killed it on almost every pick. Well done!

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Sunday is perfect for moi - I'm at a wedding on Saturday so won't be in any reasonable state until Sunday evening at the earliest. I'll leave a list with someone in Division B just in case.

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

I'm down to Division B again, but overall I'm excited to do another draft, no matter what division I'm in...my list has already begun!

Walleye413
Marv

Post by Walleye413 »

You guys with your 190 films and your spreadsheets. I've got a yellow legal pad and scribbles all over it. Bring it on!

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Post by Spectre »

Aquamann2001 wrote:Congrats Spectre on the well deserved win! In a year where the Star Wars and survive path to victory wasn't really an option. I think I drafted right next to you and thought I had a pretty good draft but you killed it on almost every pick. Well done!
Thanks Aquamann! You took several picks right before me or it could've been even better haha. But I'm glad I got a win in before Star Wars makes it nearly impossible this year.

And Chien: you're making me feel like a slacker... I only have 175 films on my list. At least I have a comment typed out for each so that way I don't forget what I actually think :P

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Walleye413 wrote:You guys with your 190 films and your spreadsheets. I've got a yellow legal pad and scribbles all over it. Bring it on!
I used to have my list on a paper, long time ago. Then I realized having it on a Word document was better. And since last year I've got it on a Google Drive document, like that whether I'm home, at work, or wherever, I have my list with me and can draft quickly.
Spectre wrote:And Chien: you're making me feel like a slacker... I only have 175 films on my list. At least I have a comment typed out for each so that way I don't forget what I actually think
175 films will be more than enough anyway, and the 15 films I have you don't are probably just shitty films that won't make more than 8 million.... or maybe not ;)
Anyway, not just writing a list is the good thing to do. One day I'll add that too, wise guy. For now, I sstill more or less list my films according to their box-office potential, with each assigned a sort of box-office potential bracket.
The year I was vacationing in Korea during the draft, I had to prepare my list better than ever and rank it for real to send it to several people to draft for me, and I realized it helped my draft, so since then I really put some more care to it.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Division B

1. Brockster (demoted)
2-3. Ron B/weissac
4. Surfer (demoted)
5. Banks (demoted)
6-7. Jas/Buscemi
8. leestu
9. Shryke
10. tranny
Guys, I'm going to be pretty busy this weekend. If the draft starts on Sunday and I'm up in Division B, please select Star Wars for me. I know, big shocker :D

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

It would appear that Six will finish ahead of aquamann and thus aquamann will draft #7 and Six #8. I will confirm this tomorrow when BOM posts their weekend estimates, and maybe we can start our draft as early as tomorrow afternoon.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Aquamann2001
Fletch

Post by Aquamann2001 »

Any rule changes we want to incorporate before the draft? I suggest maybe an Oscar bonus? If the movie you pick wins the best picture you get an extra 100 mil added to your box office? Maybe 50 mil for best director, actor, actress?

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Aquamann2001 wrote:Any rule changes we want to incorporate before the draft? I suggest maybe an Oscar bonus? If the movie you pick wins the best picture you get an extra 100 mil added to your box office? Maybe 50 mil for best director, actor, actress?
I like this. I don't know if $100M is too much for something that's really hard to predict this far out, and it'd be more of a dice roll.

Maybe:

+$50M for Best Picture winner
+$25M for Best Actor/Actress, Supporting's, Director
+$15M for Best Screenplay/Adapted

Or is that too small to make it worth our while?
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

Wouldnt matter to me, but i agree, it really would be luck.