2016-17 Full Year Draft Thread (Division A)

All league discussion for the currently in-play box office seasons.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Re: 2016-17 Full Year Draft Thread (Division A)

Post by Spectre »

I thought about taking that one Chien, I'm just very suspicious that it actually comes out. It was assigned that release date over 2 years ago and should be in the can at this point but I couldn't find a shred of anything about it (and at this point, I'd expect a major studio to be promoting it given that we're 3 months away).

I figure it gets pulled from that release date... just depends on what happens from there. Good gamble for this round tho.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

silversurfer19 wrote:I would be happy with that, given that had been his more recent strategy, and I know he usually loses interest in the latter rounds as he feels they are all much of a muchness, so he would probably be cool with it. We would certainly wait until all his choices are gone first though. I'd appreciate further comment from others, too.
Totally cool with it guys. You're right, It's pretty much a crapshoot at his point so what you guys did was perfect. I survived, by the way!
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Glad to hear that Geez. Hope you had a great time.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

I didn't see this on the list of taken films, so Edge of Seventeen for me

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Strangers 2

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

I think that's a decent pick if the date holds. It was on my radar for my next pick...you jerk.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Last round coming up fellas, time for some left field choices...

1 Tim Tebow please!
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Chienfantome wrote:
Alright, my second to last pick of the draft will be one film with a summer release date, with a very cool pitch, but that no one has touched so far, and I'm a bit surprised no one has.
Chances are the film won't get released this summer because we haven't seen anything of it yet, it could get postponed and I would be cool with that as long as it is postponed to early 2017. But with its cool action/supernatural theme, and Universal/Legendary behind it, if this is indeed released in time and properly, this could be a good surprise, certainly worth taking a shot at in the 15th round of the draft. So I'll pick Spectral.
I thought about this as well, but when I saw nobody had taken it, I figured everyone knew something I didn't and just passed on principle...
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Post by Spectre »

Geezer wrote:Strangers 2
Awesome pick if it gets released. Hard to find any information on it though. One of the things I read when researching said that the director tabbed for it had died.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
Chienfantome wrote:
Alright, my second to last pick of the draft will be one film with a summer release date, with a very cool pitch, but that no one has touched so far, and I'm a bit surprised no one has.
Chances are the film won't get released this summer because we haven't seen anything of it yet, it could get postponed and I would be cool with that as long as it is postponed to early 2017. But with its cool action/supernatural theme, and Universal/Legendary behind it, if this is indeed released in time and properly, this could be a good surprise, certainly worth taking a shot at in the 15th round of the draft. So I'll pick Spectral.
I thought about this as well, but when I saw nobody had taken it, I figured everyone knew something I didn't and just passed on principle...
Ha ! I'm sure that's what pretty much everyone thought. "If no one touches this it's suspect, I don't want it". Well, we'll see, but this looks like one damn fine 15th round pick if it does get released.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Last I read, The Strangers 2 probably wasn't going to make its date due to Relativity's financial problems.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Buscemi wrote:Last I read, The Strangers 2 probably wasn't going to make its date due to Relativity's financial problems.
Well at this point it is well worth the risk. It's a low-budget horror film, so it can't be that hard to get it finished, plus it'll have a 6 month cushion even if it does get pushed a little. Well worth it for the sequel to a film that banked 50 million in 2008. I was very surprised to see it hadn't been taken.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

W wrote: 2. After you make a pick, you cannot change it. We let it go this time for various reasons: no one else had picked, we were being a little mean just before then, that particular film had been delayed because of serious injury and it was unknown to the picker, etc. If someone would have stepped up and said no, I believe it would have been stopped, but everyone (myself included) seemed to be fine with it. According strictly to the rules, it shouldn't have been allowed.
Just catching up on the thread now, but wanted to address this because it does involve me.

I thought it was allowed because it was done prior to when I did it earlier in the draft. Had no recollection of previous years. UDM picked Girl on the Train and then edited his pick and switched to a different movie. I may have been the only one to see it, because he did it within a minute or two of posting. So what is the rule? You can change your pick so long as you are quick enough that no one sees it and calls you out on it? I think as long as no one else has picked, it affects NOTHING to change your mind. Once the person after you has gone, that should be it, you should be locked in, but if you change your mind before then, there is zero harm in allowing a change like this. I'd let anyone else do it.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Yeah, I don't really care one way or the other if no one else has picked, but in the past it's been whenever it's posted it's uneditable. So that shouldn't have been allowed either. Again, I don't personally care and wouldn't care if it was changed or not. It's basically became "Were you called out or not?" which I guess works well enough, but could cause arguments. Anyway, whatever anyone else thinks is fine with me on this one, I was just reiterating what I believe the rule has been in the past.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Now, give me a couple of minutes to clean up my board and I'll make my last selections. I am at work, so something could happen that delays them slightly.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.