2015-16 Full Year Draft Thread (Division A)

All league discussion for the currently in-play box office seasons.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Aquamann2001
Fletch

Re: 2015-16 Full Year Draft Thread (Division A)

Post by Aquamann2001 »

The whole point is that it was within my 12 hour window and no pick was made. It doesn't change that. Theres no new 12 hour window. the next person is free to pick from when I posted but if no pick is made then whats the harm? So are we saying if you post by mistake or if someone leaves their computer on and a family member posts for them then that person would be stuck with the pick? If you want to call it a trade thats fine as long as Tranny agrees to it but I really don't see what the harm is. Its probably a movie that won't be released within the game time anyway.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Don't worry Brockster, I'm here.

And I'll take The Big Short, with Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, Ryan Gosling and Steve Carell. I think Paramount will replace Beverly Hills Cop 4 with it on their schedule in March.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

That better not happen!

I'll take TRUMBO

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

Well, they might rush it out for Oscar season this year, as they currently have no Oscar contenders on their schedule. But I'd be fine with either scenario :D
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

Chienfantome wrote:(I should join the military ;) )
I've seen you argue, Chien. You have way too much backbone for the French military.

Sorry, monsieur. French army jokes are too easy, and I usually avoid such low-hanging fruit, but I couldn't resist.

Anyway, it's my turn, so I'll grab Absolutely Anything, which bumps up from my round 16 pick last year to my round 15 pick this year. With that cast I have a hard time believing it won't find a decent distributor ready to exploit the Monty Python/Simon Pegg/Eddie Izzard/AbFab fanbase, not to mention Robin Williams' final performance.

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

You have way too much backbone for the French military.

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

On aqua's pick, surely it should be known by now. Once you've made a pick, that's it- lets look at it like an actual sports draft. The same principle applies there, and there's no way to prove a family member accidently picked the wrong movie for you. There's plenty of time to research your picks and I think at this stage in the game, you might be able to get something else of the waiver anyway, ofc that depends on your position in the draft, but hey that's tough luck.

It is a good thing that this has come up, so we can get the rules straight. We all want to win, so lets get it set in stone.

I made the same error last year and couldnt change it so why should we change the rule now?
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

A family member drafting for you? Really? Maybe someone jokingly posting on Facebook or Twitter, but "I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to go through a list of movies a few thousand people know about on a website fifty people know about, and post it." Seriously?

If we're looking at it like a sports draft and someone picks Michael Jordan, but he's already been picked they're like, well, you can have the next TBA guy named Michael Jordan. "Is Jordan Michaels close enough?"
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

It's like the crowd at a Riddick Bowe fight here. What's happening?
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

SuperShaan
Oldboy

Post by SuperShaan »

Me Before You
Mein Führer! I can WALK!

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Me Before You got pushed to August 2016 but you can replace it in the wire.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Aquamann2001 wrote:So are we saying if you post by mistake or if someone leaves their computer on and a family member posts for them then that person would be stuck with the pick?
:lol:

I don't know how to respond to that. I can only laugh because it's obviously a joke ;)
JohnErle wrote:I've seen you argue, Chien. You have way too much backbone for the French military.
I'll take that as a compliment, John ;)
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Post by Spectre »

I'll take the Untitled New Line Horror Film set for Jan 29, 2016. What the hell is it? *shrug* All I know is they have a decent catalog to choose from if it's a known IP and it's probably not likely to move much with Conjuring 2 set for summer and another Untitled set for September. Hooray for Round 15 slop!

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

I think the untitled New Line horror film is Within, which was filmed last year but hasn't been released (possibly due to co-star Misty Upham's death and the rumors surrounding that). I know it's not Solace because Relativity bought its rights from Warner Bros.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Alright, my last two picks !!
First, I was afraid someone would pick it once it was drafted in B division but it wasn't, so I'll take The Accountant.

The second is trickier... There are a few unscheduled films that tempt me... Not many convincing scheduled stuff... except maybe Shut in so let's go with that.
Fluctuat nec mergitur