2015-16 Full Year Draft Thread (Division A)

All league discussion for the currently in-play box office seasons.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Re: 2015-16 Full Year Draft Thread (Division A)

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

I mean, I don't think it matters. As long as you edit your post before tranny posts, I'd be OK with it.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

What I'm afraid of is it sets a precedent that could cause many troubles to come, if now as long as the person after you hasn't posted yet, you can change your last pick as you want.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Aquamann2001
Fletch

Post by Aquamann2001 »

Changed it on the page to make sure its out there before Tranny Picks. Its not totally new precedent. People have picked movies that were already picked and then had to go back and edit their pick to a different movie. Here while the movie was not already picked, I have changed it before the next pick.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Aquamann2001 wrote:Its not totally new precedent. People have picked movies that were already picked and then had to go back and edit their pick to a different movie.
To me it's a different situation. If you pick a film already picked, well, it's like you didn't draft since you can't have that film.
Here you already have a film.
What happens now (and if everyone is okay with it, I'll be fine with it), is that picks are not set in stone. Up until now, once you've picked a film, you stick with it til the waiver wire appears at the end of the draft. Now, anybody can change his pick as long as the next person hasn't picked yet. It's a pretty big change in the rules of the draft, a change that to me would have needed to be discussed before the draft. Now, if someone picks a film, and a few minutes later regret it because he made some searches for his next pick and noticed a film that wasn't on his radar yet, and seems better than the one he already picked, he can change the film he just picked.
If I'm the only one to think it's a huge change of rules I'll go with the flow. But it's a huge change of rules of the draft.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Aquamann2001
Fletch

Post by Aquamann2001 »

I don't think its changing the rules at all. I think no harm no foul. I was back and forth on my pick and made one quickly to keep the draft moving even though i would have been entitled to sleep on it and pick this morning. I woke up with a fresh mind and the draft didn't move. It doesn't hurt anyone and is not a rule change. Its never been stated as a rule that once you post its set in stone. I think it would be a rule change to say that now .
Last edited by Aquamann2001 on May 5th, 2015, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

It's been known you can't change.

When they're posted, picks are set in stone. Waivers are set up (after both drafts are done so you don't have a list other people researched) and the two day window starts on everything first thrown on waivers. Then you can change, but have to use your position. After two days you can grab anything on the list. Drafting an already drafted film isn't the same thing because you're still on the clock from before. If they want to allow you to grab something and not use you're positioning before waivers are set up, that's fine. Or if they want to grant you a one time clemency that's fine too. I don't see why this is a special circumstance, though.

If I remember right things have moved out of season during the draft and they were stuck with it until it's done (maybe it was the three month ones). Of course it matters very little at this point in the draft, but them's the rules.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

transformers2
John Rambo

Post by transformers2 »

What's the ruling on aquamann's pick? If he has the Todd Phillips movie, I'll go with We Are Your Friends. If he is stuck with We Are Your Friends than I'll take The Boy
BRING BRENDAN FRASER BACK TO THE BIG SCREEN DAMN IT
Check out my blog http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Movies,Music,Sports and More!

Aquamann2001
Fletch

Post by Aquamann2001 »

W wrote:It's been known you can't change.

If I remember right things have moved out of season during the draft and they were stuck with it until it's done (maybe it was the three month ones). Of course it matters very little at this point in the draft, but them's the rules.
The difference here is that no pick was made since my pick. Also its been known you can't change is not enough. I have not seen a rule that says that. If we are gonna be strict about it then people that pick movies already picked should have future interest in a movie of the same name with a TBA release date and they can drop it after the draft.
Last edited by Aquamann2001 on May 5th, 2015, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

I don't think it matters and I'm pretty sure it's happened before. Aquamann was still within his 12 hour window and Tranny even wants the movie he changed his mind on so it affects no one. If the 12 hour window had passed or Tranny had already picked things would be different.

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Post by Spectre »

Since tranny wants aqua's pick, why don't we just say aqua is stuck with it and then trades it to tranny for his pick this round and let aqua draft the film he wants (and then just be done with the whole damn thing)? :P

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Spectre wrote:Since tranny wants aqua's pick, why don't we just say aqua is stuck with it and then trades it to tranny for his pick this round and let aqua draft the film he wants (and then just be done with the whole damn thing)? :P
That's fine.
Aquamann2001 wrote:
W wrote:It's been known you can't change.

The difference here is that no pick was made since my pick. Also its been known you can't change is not enough. I have not seen a rule that says that. If we are gonna be strict about it then people that pick movies already picked should have future interest in a movie of the same name with a TBA release date and they can drop it after the draft.
So, everyone knows the rules, but since they aren't written down they don't count? That's ridiculous. And picking something that's gone means (and has always meant) you have actually picked nothing, so nothing is slotted there and time keeps ticking. Drafting something that doesn't exist make zero sense AND it has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

So mark it as a trade so we don't set a precedent.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

Flawless logic Spectre! ;)

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Am I allowed to pick now?

Brockster
Peter Gibbons

Post by Brockster »

Whoops, not my turn :)

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

I'll tell you another reason this is actually a rule that we didn't just invent. If you change your pick 3 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours after you first picked because the next person did not pick yet, then what happens to the 12 hour rule ? You change your pick then technically you added another 12 hour for the next person. That is ridiculous because in fact once you've picked, you are out of your turn. You are in fact in the 12 hours window of the person after you.

Let's move on fine, but let's also be clear that changing your pick after it's already done is bypassing how we're supposed to play the draft.
(I should join the military ;) )
Fluctuat nec mergitur