This Is Not The Thread You're Looking For

All league discussion for the currently in-play box office seasons.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Re: 2014-15 Division B Waiver Wire

Post by Spectre »

Waivers in all fantasy leagues are pretty much designed to give everyone a fair chance to make adds. If it were first-come-first-serve and big news came out, you'd probably end up missing out if you didn't react within 5 minutes. I have a fantasy baseball league like that and it's absolutely stupid. To account for time zones, schedules, work, etc. it's pretty much a necessity.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

BrocksterDuex wrote:I'm still a little confused on how this works. Let's say Ron drops his movie and wants to pick up another. Which movie is up for grabs, the one he wants, or the one he drops?
The one he drops would go through the waiver wire, and people could bid on it for 48 hours. If no one stakes a claim in the first 48 hours, anybody could grab it with no penalty.

BrocksterDuex
Nick Naylor

Post by BrocksterDuex »

So if I'm reading this correctly, if a new release date gets put out there for a film that we all think is going to do really well, it goes on the waiver wire and we have to go in order for picking it up. Since I'm first on the list, I would have 48 hours to pick it up, and if I don't the next person on the list has their 48 hours.

Additionally, if someone drops a film it goes through the same process. Since I am first on the list, I would have 48 hours to pick it up and if I don't it falls to the next person.

Is that right?

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

BrocksterDuex wrote:So if I'm reading this correctly, if a new release date gets put out there for a film that we all think is going to do really well, it goes on the waiver wire and we have to go in order for picking it up. Since I'm first on the list, I would have 48 hours to pick it up, and if I don't the next person on the list has their 48 hours.

Additionally, if someone drops a film it goes through the same process. Since I am first on the list, I would have 48 hours to pick it up and if I don't it falls to the next person.

Is that right?
No, it's only the first 48 hours. In that time, the person who makes a claim that has the highest waiver position wins and gets the movie.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

BrocksterDuex
Nick Naylor

Post by BrocksterDuex »

I'm just going to roll with it...if I make a boo-boo you guys can slap my hand.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

numbersix wrote:
JohnErle wrote: Yeah, I can't edit the opening post, so I guess Banks will have to do all the adding and removing from the waiver. Good luck [rushes out the door to the nearest bar to celebrate]
Goddammit.

If someone from Div B. would like to take care of the waiver wire, since it'll be hell for me to try not to mix up the two, I'll delete this post and you can copy/paste it into your own post....?

Also, thank you to whoever added that bunch of movies to the first post as well.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Yeah, I;ll take over. Just let me create the Topic first and then you can delete or lock

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

BrocksterDuex wrote:So if I'm reading this correctly, if a new release date gets put out there for a film that we all think is going to do really well, it goes on the waiver wire and we have to go in order for picking it up. Since I'm first on the list, I would have 48 hours to pick it up, and if I don't the next person on the list has their 48 hours.

Is that right?
Everyone has 48 hours to make a claim. The highest priority gets it, but moves to the bottom. So, if I'm number one on the list, I'm not necessarily going to grab a movie I'm thinking will net $20-30 m even if that's better than I think some of mine are going to do, or even if I have a film that needs replaced. If everyone passes and I can get it without using my position, sure, but if it's still early in the season, I'm hoping for something bigger. Though, anyone remember the biggest one to go up so far? All I can remember is American Reunion and that was just south of $60 m.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Re: This Is Not The Thread You're Looking For

Post by numbersix »

Bad Grandpa. $102m

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: This Is Not The Thread You're Looking For

Post by Buscemi »

And the year before, you had The Call and Olympus Has Fallen come from the waiver wire to open in back-to-back weeks with strong results (The Call more than tripled its budget while Olympus Has Fallen grossed nearly $100 million).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr