The Official 2014-15 Full Year Draft Thread (Division B)

All league discussion for the currently in-play box office seasons.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Re: The Official 2014-15 Full Year Draft Thread (Division B)

Post by JohnErle »

I'll use my final pick to grab Absolutely Anything and hope it gets released on time. It's as close as we'll ever get to a Monty Python reunion film, the rest of the cast is a who's who of British comedy, and it even features Robin Williams as a talking dog.

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Post by Spectre »

JohnErle wrote:I'll use my final pick to grab Absolutely Anything and hope it gets released on time. It's as close as we'll ever get to a Monty Python reunion film, the rest of the cast is a who's who of British comedy, and it even features Robin Williams as a talking dog.
Absolutely love this pick if it comes out within our timeframe but that's a big if.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

Last pick of the game for me.

What to choose...

I'll take a shot with The Search and hope that the next film from the maker of The Artist can deliver once more in pithy schmaltz.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

Spectre wrote: Absolutely love this pick if it comes out within our timeframe but that's a big if.
It's currently shooting, as opposed to The Longest Ride, which is still casting, so there's a chance. And considering what's left at this stage the potential upside is too good to pass up. And if it doesn't make it, that's what the waiver wire is for.

Walleye413
Marv

Post by Walleye413 »

numbersix wrote:
Walleye413 wrote:Well, I've chosen a number of movies that I want to see and succeed (which doesn't bode well for their chances) so I might as well end that way too: Begin Again. Once made 10 million with no stars, "weird" accents, and yet somehow drew people in with an amazing story and wonderful music. Would love to see that happen again with a little bit bigger cast and a more accessible setting.

Wanted this for my last pick. I know how much Harvey paid for it and how much he's spending on P&A, and so I had the feeling it could be this summer's The Way, Way Back.

Walleye, I'm putting a hex on you...
Ah, that Vader made me laugh so the hex is totally worth it :)

Spectre
Clark Griswald

Post by Spectre »

JohnErle wrote:
Spectre wrote: Absolutely love this pick if it comes out within our timeframe but that's a big if.
It's currently shooting, as opposed to The Longest Ride, which is still casting, so there's a chance. And considering what's left at this stage the potential upside is too good to pass up. And if it doesn't make it, that's what the waiver wire is for.
True but I figure this will get a better release date later in the year than The Longest Ride because of how huge it'll play in the UK (and I'd imagine the US release will be tied to the UK's somewhat). Either way it's a great risk to take at this point.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Well, I'm trying to decide between two horror films. One was a hit at Sundance and the other is the director's follow-up to his hit at Toronto.

By process of elimination (or choosing which one Phoebe Buffay's dead mother would take), I'll go with...

The Guest

This the third year in a row that I've selected an Adam Wingard movie (I picked You're Next two years straight).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Leestu
Ratzo Rizzo

Post by Leestu »

Rudderless

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

I will finish up the draft by taking Monkey Kingdom. If I can squeeze $15M out of a Round 16 pick, I'll be happy.

I will create the thread with everyone's complete list either today or tomorrow. Someone else can create the Waiver Wire.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

By the way, the title that I didn't take was Somnia. Luckily, it should be available on the waiver wire.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr