2013-14 Full Year Slates (Division B)

All league discussion for the currently in-play box office seasons.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Re: 2013-14 Full Year Slates (Division B)

Post by Shrykespeare »

Surfer moves up to fifth as he crosses into ten-digit territory.

As of 3/9/14:

1. SuperShaan, $1,289,430,114 (7 movies out: Gravity, Dallas Buyers Club, Thor: The Dark World, American Hustle, The Wolf of Wall Street, Lone Survivor, The Nut Job; 7 finished)
2. aquamann, $1,165,510,050 (1 movie out: The Wind Rises; 12 finished)
3. JohnErle, $1,159,359,918 (7 movies out: 12 Years a Slave, Nebraska, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Philomena, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, Ride Along, Endless Love; 5 finished)
4. Walleye, $1,084,950,758 (5 movies out: Free Birds, Frozen, I Frankenstein, The Monuments Men, Vampire Academy; 9 finished)
5. silversurfer, $1,030,854,900 (8 movies out: Her, Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones, The LEGO Movie, RoboCop, 3 Days to Kill, Pompeii, Non-Stop, Mr. Peabody & Sherman, The Grand Budapest Hotel; 7 finished)
6. numbersix, $1,011,347,910 (8 movies out: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, The Book Thief, Inside Llewyn Davis, August: Osage County, That Awkward Moment, About Last Night, Winter's Tale; 6 finished)
7. RathfulProphetic, $904,549,163 (1 movie out: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug; 12 finished)
8. SleepySkunk, $831,466,149 (4 movies out: Blue Jasmine, Delivery Man, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Labor Day; 7 finished)
9. englishozzy, $785,163,401 (5 movies out: Saving Mr. Banks, Walking with Dinosaurs, Grudge Match, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, 300: Rise of an Empire; 8 finished)

The following films would now appear to be done:

Captain Phillips (numbersix)

March 14:
Need For Speed (JohnErle)
Tyler Perry's Single Moms Club (RathfulProphetic)
Bad Words (englishozzy)
Veronica Mars (SleepySkunk)

March 21:
Divergent (silversurfer)
Muppets Most Wanted (SuperShaan)

March 28:
Noah (aquamann)
Sabotage (englishozzy)

April 4:
Captain America: Winter Soldier (SleepySkunk)
Under the Skin (SleepySkunk)
Dom Hemingway (SleepySkunk)
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

JohnErle passes Aquamann for 2nd, and Surfer gains one more spot.

As of 3/16/14:

1. SuperShaan, $1,293,035,651 (7 movies out: Gravity, Dallas Buyers Club, Thor: The Dark World, American Hustle, The Wolf of Wall Street, Lone Survivor, The Nut Job; 7 finished)
2. JohnErle, $1,182,808,398 (8 movies out: 12 Years a Slave, Nebraska, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Philomena, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, Ride Along, Endless Love, Need For Speed; 5 finished)
3. aquamann, $1,166,301,694 (1 movie out: The Wind Rises; 12 finished)
4. silversurfer, $1,101,004,351 (8 movies out: Her, Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones, The LEGO Movie, RoboCop, 3 Days to Kill, Pompeii, Non-Stop, Mr. Peabody & Sherman, The Grand Budapest Hotel; 7 finished)
5. Walleye, $1,091,767,185 (5 movies out: Free Birds, Frozen, I Frankenstein, The Monuments Men, Vampire Academy; 9 finished)
6. numbersix, $1,013,279,411 (6 movies out: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, The Book Thief, August: Osage County, That Awkward Moment, About Last Night, Winter's Tale; 7 finished)
7. RathfulProphetic, $913,032,398 (2 movie out: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, The Single Moms Club; 12 finished)
8. SleepySkunk, $833,641,280 (5 movies out: Blue Jasmine, Delivery Man, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Labor Day, Veronica Mars; 7 finished)
9. englishozzy, $819,039,301 (5 movies out: Saving Mr. Banks, Walking with Dinosaurs, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, 300: Rise of an Empire, Bad Words; 9 finished)

Grudge Match (englishozzy)
Inside Llewyn Davis (numbersix)

March 21:
Divergent (silversurfer)
Muppets Most Wanted (SuperShaan)

March 28:
Noah (aquamann)
Sabotage (englishozzy)

April 4:

April 11:
Rio 2 (Walleye)
Draft Day (SuperShaan)
Oculus (numbersix)
St. Vincent (aquamann)

April 18:
Transcendence (numbersix)
A Haunted House 2 (aquamann)
Heaven is For Real (Walleye)
Bears (RathfulProphetic)

April 25:
The Other Woman (JohnErle)
The Quiet Ones (SleepySkunk)
Brick Mansions (numbersix)

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

The next month will be interesting. Shaan has won the league, and barring a biblical catastrophe, Noah should elevate aquamann to second, making it a straight battle for bronze between myself on JohnErle. He has a decent lead on me and with Need For Speed still going along with The Other Woman having a weekend, I will need Divergent to perform as predictions have been to give myself a good shot at 3rd. It's going to be close.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

It feels good to finally pass Aquamann, even if it's only for a few weeks. Need For Speed is falling below my expectations, so I'm going to need Noah to flop hard if I want to stay in the top three. The Pope just snubbed Russell Crowe and Darren Arnofsky, so hopefully that'll encourage Catholics to stay away from the movie.

I think Surfer's got me beat, and I was going to say don't count out Walleye just yet, but then I realized he'll only have a few weeks of Rio 2, and animated films usually don't explode out of the gate, so he'll probably fall a bit short.

Walleye413
Marv

Post by Walleye413 »

Yeah, had I been thinking I should have swapped Heaven is for real for Son of God and made this last month a little more interesting. I think Rio 2 is going to do well, but a little too late to crack that top 3. Could happen, but I'm being crushed by Surfer's wake and don't think I can rise above it.

So what's the plan for the next draft? Sounds like we're losing some players. Any word on if we're gaining some?

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Walleye413 wrote:Yeah, had I been thinking I should have swapped Heaven is for real for Son of God and made this last month a little more interesting. I think Rio 2 is going to do well, but a little too late to crack that top 3. Could happen, but I'm being crushed by Surfer's wake and don't think I can rise above it.

So what's the plan for the next draft? Sounds like we're losing some players. Any word on if we're gaining some?
We are. We're losing Ozzy, Rathful and Skunk, but Brockster and Ron B will be stepping in. That gives us eighteen players, or nine per division. I hold out hope that we can get one or two more before next month's draft starts.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Looks like it's going to be a very interesting last month as we battle it out for 2nd and 3rd. I will likely usurp Aquamann this weekend thanks to Divergent and the returning movies, though he will likely leapfrog me the weekend after (as well as us both overtaking John) when Noah is released. I think Aquamann will ultimately take 2nd place, but it will certainly be an interesting battle.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Surfer climbs up to second place. Quite a journey from last place, wasn't it?

As of 3/23/14:

1. SuperShaan, $1,294,824,407 (8 movies out: Gravity, Dallas Buyers Club, Thor: The Dark World, American Hustle, The Wolf of Wall Street, Lone Survivor, The Nut Job, Muppets Most Wanted; 7 finished)
2. silversurfer, $1,199,905,864 (9 movies out: Her, The LEGO Movie, RoboCop, 3 Days to Kill, Pompeii, Non-Stop, Mr. Peabody & Sherman, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Divergent; 7 finished)
3. JohnErle, $1,198,216,384 (6 movies out: 12 Years a Slave, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Philomena, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, Ride Along, Need For Speed; 7 finished)
4. aquamann, $1,166,852,424 (1 movie out: The Wind Rises; 12 finished)
5. Walleye, $1,094,962,174 (3 movies out: Frozen, The Monuments Men, Vampire Academy; 11 finished)
6. numbersix, $1,014,068,855 (5 movies out: The Book Thief, August: Osage County, That Awkward Moment, About Last Night, Winter's Tale; 7 finished)
7. RathfulProphetic, $918,103,904 (2 movie out: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, The Single Moms Club; 12 finished)
8. englishozzy, $835,047,357 (5 movies out: Saving Mr. Banks, Walking with Dinosaurs, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, 300: Rise of an Empire, Bad Words; 9 finished)
9. SleepySkunk, $834,562,127 (3 movies out: Blue Jasmine, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Veronica Mars; 9 finished)

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (numbersix)
Free Birds (Walleye)
Nebraska (JohnErle)
Delivery Man (SleepySkunk)
I, Frankenstein (Walleye)
Labor Day (SleepySkunk)
Endless Love (JohnErle)

March 28:
Noah (aquamann)
Sabotage (englishozzy)

April 4:

April 11:
Rio 2 (Walleye)
Draft Day (SuperShaan)
Oculus (numbersix)
St. Vincent (aquamann)

April 18:
Transcendence (numbersix)
A Haunted House 2 (aquamann)
Heaven is For Real (Walleye)
Bears (RathfulProphetic)

April 25:
The Other Woman (JohnErle)
The Quiet Ones (SleepySkunk)
Brick Mansions (numbersix)

Walleye413
Marv

Post by Walleye413 »

I'm looking ahead and see 5th place in my future. Not bad for a rookie I suppose, but I feel like I should have done better after the monster hit that was Frozen. Those 3rd-6th rounds really kicked my butt. Monuments Men wasn't terrible, and Rio 2 looks promising. But I still need to do better next year. I'll be curious who takes the Silver and the Bronze here. Still quite a fight. Shaan could conceivably drop out of first, but not very likely when it's all said and done. Here's to an interesting last month!

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

Shrykespeare wrote:Surfer climbs up to second place.
BLAAAAAAAAND!!!!!

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

JohnErle wrote:
Shrykespeare wrote:Surfer climbs up to second place.
BLAAAAAAAAND!!!!!
:lol:
Fluctuat nec mergitur

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Jean-Luc, give him a slow wave as we pass him by...

I'm actually surprised I passed Aquamann so quickly, and by such a margin. It certainly heats up the battle for 2nd place, though I'd still place him favourite. All depends on how big Noah opens, and how strong Divergent can hold. Considering how well the recent biblical movies have fared, you'd have to go with him.

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Here's how I predict the order will finish:

1. Surfer
2. Shaan
3. aquamann
4. JohnErle
5. Walleye
6. Six
7. Skunk
8. Rathful
9. Ozzy

For a guy who was in last place for the first half of the league, Surfer, that is damned impressive.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Hmm, I don't know the actual numbers following this weekend, but I'm not convinced I have enough in the tank to top Shaan. He still has Draft Day on his slate and must have a lead over me still.

I'd be delighted enough with second, and it's even more interesting that neither of the top two players in the league had one of the top 5 movies of the year. Just goes to show consistency sometimes pays off over having one of the big hitters.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

You didn't have any of the top 5, but you did have two of the top 10, so that didn't hurt.

And yeah, consistency is the key to victory here. Having the first few picks is a definite advantage, but a few bad rounds can wipe out that edge, as I proved this year.