2013-14 Full Year Sign-Up Sheet

All league discussion for the currently in-play box office seasons.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Re: 2013-14 Full Year Sign-Up Sheet

Post by Buscemi »

Geezer wrote:How many newcomers do we have?
Two. Shaan and Walleye.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Wish we could get one more and then just split it right down the middle...
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Is everyone coming back (except donnie) from the last one?
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

sleepyskunk
Harry Tuttle

Post by sleepyskunk »

I am in folks. Just like old times. :lol:

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Shrykespeare wrote:Is everyone coming back (except donnie) from the last one?
Yes.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

Are we sure Donnie is out this year?

Right now we're sitting at 18 players so it's time to consider having three divisions of six players each. The top performers in division one, the newbies and mid-range performers in division two, then everyone who sucked balls last year in division three with me.

If we're worried about the top picks running away with the win again this year smaller divisions MIGHT help. The last place entrant having the #6 and #7 picks is a lot more valuable than #15 & #16.
Last edited by JohnErle on April 9th, 2013, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

sleepyskunk
Harry Tuttle

Post by sleepyskunk »

Was just recruited by Geezer. I am here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I am all... out of bubble gum.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

JohnErle wrote:Are we sure Donnie is out this year?

Right now we're sitting at 18 players so it's time to consider having three divisions of six players each. The top performers in division one, the newbies and mid-range performers in division two, then everyone who sucked balls last year in division three with me.

If we're worried about the #1 pick running away with the win again this year smaller divisions MIGHT help. The last place entrant having the #6 and #7 picks is a lot more valuable than #15 & #16.
I don't think we have enough players to consider three divisions. 18 is a good number for two divisions. If we get 24, then I would think three divisions makes sense.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

sleepyskunk wrote:Was just recruited by Geezer. I am here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I am all... out of bubble gum.
So you came to chew ass, then?

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

Buscemi wrote:
JohnErle wrote:Are we sure Donnie is out this year?

If we're worried about the #1 pick running away with the win again this year smaller divisions MIGHT help. The last place entrant having the #6 and #7 picks is a lot more valuable than #15 & #16.
I don't think we have enough players to consider three divisions. 18 is a good number for two divisions. If we get 24, then I would think three divisions makes sense.
I think six-player divisions would do a better job of creating parity, keeping people interested all year, and making sure Geezer has nothing to complain about.

The player with the last pick in each league would have a legitimate shot at winning, and the waiver wire would probably be a lot more active this year. Last year I knew I was screwed by mid-August, so I ignored the waiver wire. I was basically playing for draft picks at that point.

Three divisions would also solve the problem of where to stick the newbies.

The drafts might even run more smoothly. It's easier to get six people people in the same place at the same time, and could wrap up the drafts in a day if we get really lucky. That would be useful since we're cutting really close again.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

You have a good point but once again, six players in a division could be too small. Let's see what everyone else thinks.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

Another option for a three division realignment would be to have the newcomers start in the bottom division and force them to work their way up to the middle.

I can see the logic in either system as long as I (or Donnie) get our #1 picks. We earned them!

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

I like 2 divisions. We're right on the edge of three, but I think 6 is too few for something that lasts all year.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Yeah, three divisions sounds ok, but I think we could do with a few more players for it. We have about that many players in the 3-month drafts so I'd like a slightly different format for the yearly one. 8 or 9 players should still ensure there's competition. Just annoyed I may finish 12th now though, I'd been planning my slates around Iron Man and Catching Fire...

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

I agree three divisions is too much considering we're not even 20 players. Nine players will be competitive, if you draft wisely. This finishing season proved once again picking among the very first doesn't assure you a Top 5 finish (sorry to put that up, Shyrke ;) ), so a two divisions draft can offer plenty of competition already.
And welcome Sleepy Skunk, we're glad to have you back here ;)
Fluctuat nec mergitur