The Official 2012-13 Full Year Draft Thread

All league discussion for the currently in-play box office seasons.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

W
Norman Bates

Re: The Official 2012-13 Full Year Draft Thread

Post by W »

oh well...
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

Let's just say it was W's Sidd Finch pick.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

I'm going to pick the untitle joseph gordon levitt project, unless someone knows the name of it and has picked it under that name.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Don Jon's Addiction is available.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Haha, Surfer... Of course I had thought about Snowpiercer too... But I am 99% sure this won't get released in time. This is gonna be a heavy post production, and I wouldn't be surprised if Bong Joon-Ho aimed at a Cannes premiere next year... Very, very nice choice though ;)
Fluctuat nec mergitur

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I know, I will likely have to replace it, but just for the satisfaction of having it on my slate for a while gives me great pleasure. There's not much to chose from now though so if there is any possibility it does get released it will be awesome, but if not I don't mind having to change it.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

I understand ;)
Fluctuat nec mergitur

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

I get that too. It was nice to be able to add a Russell Crowe film in the last round, especially since my slate is already banking on Katy Perry, Scary Movie, and a dead Whitney Houston. It makes me feel like a callous studio exec making money off people I don't care about while throwing a bone to an old favourite. And if it doesn't get released I'll worry about that later.

I also threw a movie on my list for today that I really want to see and I wish it would do well, but I have zero faith in the distributor so it probably doesn't stand a chance.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

So I guess Aquamann won't be picking before a few hours... I have pretty much settled my mind on my last pick.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

John, if you think your slate is risky, my slate has six TBA titles. Luckily, at least four of them are planned to be out by the end of 2012 (and two of those were major festival pickups).

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

I don't think my slate is risky. The point was that I like and respect Russell Crowe, which is a lot more than I can say for Katy Perry, Whitney Houston, or the Scary Movie franchise. It would be great to only pick movies I want to see and still be competitive in this game, but that wouldn't be possible considering my tastes.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

According to IMDB Pro Late Bloomer is in development, but there's been no real news since 2010, suggesting it's definitely on the backburner. W, I'd consider dropping it first opportunity I get.

Bank, I don't see Walter Mitty getting released befre Summer 2013.

Donnie, Magic of Belle Island is a decent pick. Could earn beyond $5m. Same goes for Man with the Iron Fist, could earn a little more if it finds its audience.

You're Next is a real risk. A no name horror with some audience buzz doesn't mean a lot, and it could still end up STV or with a very limited release.

Untitled James Gray project is now in post, so you could have backed a winner, there, Empire.

Snowpiercer is quite the risk. Could be out for Toronto or Venice, or as Chien said it could be in post until next year.

Don Jon's Addiction. I dunno. Looks like an ego-trip for Levitt. Plus it's in prep now so it may only be finished by the end of the year, and might do the festival circuit first, meaning it won't get a theatre release in time.

Aquamann2001
Fletch

Post by Aquamann2001 »

Cosmopolis by cronenberg if its not taken yet.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

It hasn't been taken, so it's yours. A good choice. Looks interesting, though its distributor is relatively new and not known for handling its films particularly well. All that could change with this film, though.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Interesting pick Aquamann. I was tossing this idea too those passed few rounds, but went against it in the end.
Okay, my last pick. After a few hesitations, I'll take Ron Howard's Rush. Filming isn't over, but I've read he's trying to get it ready for this coming winter, so hopefully...
Fluctuat nec mergitur