2012-13 Full Year Sign-Up Sheet

All league discussion for the currently in-play box office seasons.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

W
Norman Bates

Re: 2012-13 Full Year Sign-Up Sheet

Post by W »

...or, we could give it a couple of days and see how many people join. Right now we have 15. I'm perfectly fine with having 16 (or less) players and 12 rounds. Next year we can even them out depending on the standings. Why should we care if the last couple of rounds are meaningless or not? If they're truly meaningless, just fill your roster out later (or don't...) More than 16 players and we have two leagues. Just pick a date and any new admissions are declined after that date.

How about we start on Wednesday, everyone else has through the end of Monday to join. If we have 17 or more at that point, we have two leagues. If we have 16 or less, we have one league. We have 12 rounds either way. And FYI the first year, when we had 17 players, the guys with #11 and #12 came in first and second.

On Tuesday, I'll randomize the order of the second league or the newcomers in our one combined league.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Damnit, I wanted to censor that before it got out of hand (I thought I made it in time). Look, this is bullshit! Here we go:

12 rounds
Cutoff date for entering is end Monday.
16 or less players = one league
17 or more = 2 leagues (10 in A, 7 or more in B)
We start (both drafts if applicable) 12:01 AM EST on Wednesday.

DONE. This should be agreeable, right? What can we argue about now?

undeadmonkey
Leon

Post by undeadmonkey »

:lol: your such a diva sometimes boosh, too funny, you need to lighten up

edt: i agree with W's proposal, or do i have to to say something formal like, 'i second the motion' ;)
Last edited by undeadmonkey on April 19th, 2012, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

We've been at a standstill for the past day or so. ROBDude is one of those people who just responds in the trailer threads so he's probably a no-go. The non-regulars like Keyser will never return. I think I chased away Mr. I, Barca's moving and god knows what everyone else is doing.

We must decide something by Saturday at midnight or the season is (probably) a no-go.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

The season isn't a no-go. I'll make sure of that. I really don't see what's wrong with starting on Wednesday and setting a strict join date of Monday. It totally works and everyone knows what's going on. That's really all that matters.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I'm fine with W's idea, it was pretty much the same as what I put forward. I think we should just go ahead with that and as of next Wednesday the draft process begins.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Shit, why wait? IF the deadline to join is Monday, let's kick off on Tuesday!
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Buscemi wrote:
Also why did you have to invite Geezer, Shryke (or anyone else, for that matter)? Everything was going fine until you decided to create another 2009 disaster. Geezer is going to complain non-stop when he isn't getting his way and he'll strike down every single measure to improve the game so he can look good (just like he's doing right now).
Which of my points were invalid? I'm only trying to make logical suggestions to IMPROVE the game. If I were just trying to improve my odds of winning, My main argument wouldn't be for decreasing the number of rounds, but for making sure new players get slotted in the 2-7 spots in the draft. But as you recall, I was fully on board with randomizing the slot of new entrants. I'm merely trying to eliminate non-starters, and make the waiver wire more meaningful THROUGHOUT the year.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

Geezer wrote:Shit, why wait? IF the deadline to join is Monday, let's kick off on Tuesday!
I imagine it's so that the draft positions can be finalised with the randomiser and maybe allowing for all the BO figures to be finalised so that we have a better idea of who will win this year's league, but if that can all be done very quickly, I don't see why not start Tueday.

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Geezer wrote:
Buscemi wrote:
Also why did you have to invite Geezer, Shryke (or anyone else, for that matter)? Everything was going fine until you decided to create another 2009 disaster. Geezer is going to complain non-stop when he isn't getting his way and he'll strike down every single measure to improve the game so he can look good (just like he's doing right now).
Which of my points were invalid? I'm only trying to make logical suggestions to IMPROVE the game. If I were just trying to improve my odds of winning, My main argument wouldn't be for decreasing the number of rounds, but for making sure new players get slotted in the 2-7 spots in the draft. But as you recall, I was fully on board with randomizing the slot of new entrants. I'm merely trying to eliminate non-starters, and make the waiver wire more meaningful THROUGHOUT the year.
Reducing the rosters by four is a step back. There were more competition when we increased them (I actually felt guilty of winning 2010 by so much) and if we reduce them by four (instead of my original suggestion of one), things will just get really boring.

And the wavier wire is fine the way it should be: as an alternative for switching delayed titles and getting just-included titles. If we reduce titles and feature more titles on waivers, people will abuse the wire. Also by reducing titles, we get five competitors and ten also-rans instead of fifteen even-strength teams (another advantage of increasing rosters, as the lower picks did as well as the higher picks).

And you saying that late round picks aren't significant: do you think that W would have had the strength to pass me had he not picked up Chronicle in the 11th? And I wouldn't have been able to pass him have I not had the roster spot to replace a late round pick (13th, I think) with Act of Valor (a movie I would have never been able to get at with a roster of 10). Though of course, Banks passed me (and possibly W) with The Hunger Games but there's no way things would have become dramatic without those extra picks.
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Because Monday is a different time for everyone... lol. I figure if I randomize everything in the afternoon, Monday will be gone for everyone. And we start TIMING the draft (for the 12 hour windows) at 12:01, but normally there's picks made before the actual start of the draft.

It's just really so that I can say "No" easier. I'm normally a "the more the merrier" kind of guy.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

So, are we decided?

We wait until end of Monday to hear back from the remaining invitees, if we have 16 or less players it's one league, any more, two leagues.

12 picks

Draft starts on Wednesday.

Agreed?

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Sounds good to me.

In case of one league and not two, the top two and bottom two picks will be based on this season's standings, and all the rest will be decided by random draw. Would you guys trust me to do that draw?
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

Buscemi

Post by Buscemi »

Sure, why not.

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I thought W was going to do his randomiser, but either way, I'm good.