2013-14 Division A Waiver Wire

All league discussion for the currently in-play box office seasons.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Re: 2013-14 Division A Waiver Wire

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

empire13 wrote:
BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
empire13 wrote:I'll pick up Homefront and drop The Zero Theorem.
Homefront just got a release date of October 4th, so it will go through the 2 day waiver.
Explain to me why it has to go through the 2 day waiver process when it was on the waiver wire forever? And, I picked it up before BOM gave it a release date. Not sure I understand the rules. They seem to be all over the place.
You might've picked it up before BOM posted the release date, but you posted well after Deadline (and I'm assuming other film sites) reported the release date.
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

I think this seems to be where the grey area is. While movies do not enter into the Waiver period until they are listed on here, if someone decides to be sneaky and finds a release date before it is listed on BOM and then picks it up, I think that is wrong. Don't know how we can enforce it, but that would be an issue. Not saying anyone here has purposely done that, just highlighting a flaw in the system, which is completely reliant on whoever updates the Waiver Wire being on the ball.

empire13
Clark Griswald

Post by empire13 »

Yeah, Deadline was were I saw that Open Road had picked it up, but I didn't realize they'd given it a release date at same time. I didn't read the article until just now. Damn! Roadside Attractions picked up Blood Ties at Cannes almost a month ago. Where's the release date on that!

I get why it has to go back on the waiver wire, now. Sorry for the confusion. I thought I was just getting lucky with it getting a release date a day after I'd picked it up. I should have known my luck wasn't that good.

It's a shame my vigilance will go unrewarded. Not sure I even want to make a bid for it now, but I guess I can't sink any lower than last on the waiver wire.
Rick: Where do you get off having tits? - Clayton Rohner, Just One of the Guys

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

empire13 wrote:Yeah, Deadline was were I saw that Open Road had picked it up, but I didn't realize they'd given it a release date at same time. I didn't read the article until just now. Damn! Roadside Attractions picked up Blood Ties at Cannes almost a month ago. Where's the release date on that!

I get why it has to go back on the waiver wire, now. Sorry for the confusion. I thought I was just getting lucky with it getting a release date a day after I'd picked it up. I should have known my luck wasn't that good.

It's a shame my vigilance will go unrewarded. Not sure I even want to make a bid for it now, but I guess I can't sink any lower than last on the waiver wire.
I'd pick it up if I didn't have such a high waiver position, a Statham movie is pretty much guaranteed $30M.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
Buscemi wrote:Hot Tub Time Machine 2 doesn't have a date yet. In fact, it hasn't even started production.
It has started shooting, and I requested it be put on the waiver list two days ago, so I'm not using a claim to pick it up.
Hey whenever you get a chance Busc, can you change the first page to reflect this?

And to everyone: Every film on my slate is up for trade if any of you guys are interested in anything, Monsters U included.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

You hush up about trades, you don't want to get Boush angry.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

That was over uneven trades, Geezer. You cannot trade 4 for 3 or 3 for 2 or whatever and you tried to pull it last year until Shryke stopped you. Everyone here is required to have the same number of titles to avoid creating an obvious advantage or disadvantage (something that you tried to do).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

W
Norman Bates

Post by W »

Trading 3 for 2 would just mean whoever gets the 3 would have to drop a title. You still couldnt have more than the max roster size (16 right?). For instance:

Player A trades: round 1 pick, round 5 pick, Round 7 pick
Player A picks up film X free agent.

Player B trades: Round 1 pick, round 3 pick
Player B drops: Round 16 pick

Player B gets 3, drops something. Player A gets 2, adds something.

It'd be the same as:

Player A trades: round 1, 5, 7
Player B trades: round 1, 3, 16

Then Player a drops B16 for a free agent.
Tenet: Criterion Edition. Now with more Backwards Man.

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

Exactly....
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Chienfantome
Tyler Durden

Post by Chienfantome »

W it's friday morning, last day of the week before the much awaited weekend, don't give me a headache, not now !!! Wait so... round 5... drop... X free agent... round 2... trades... yeaaaaaaah, no, I'm going to try to understand, there's a reason why I studied litterature and languages and not those damn numbers ;)

Si Banks, does Pacific Rim for The Family seem like a fair trade to you ? Well... I had to try ;)
Fluctuat nec mergitur

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

Geezer wrote:You hush up about trades, you don't want to get Boush angry.
It's not hard to make him angry. Kittens make him angry.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

If there was a film involving both kittens and sci-fi class warfare Boosch might literally explode.

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

With Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper, Jason Sudekis, Vince Vaughn, and Ryan Reynolds providing voices for the kittens.

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

How could I resist a kitten?

Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

FilmDistrict dated Are We Officially Dating for 1/31/14.

Don't fall over yourselves guys trying to claim this Zac Efron romantic comedy. :D