Fantaverse Top 100 Movies of All Time (Thread #7): 40-31

Like a book club, but for movies instead. Hosted by NSpan.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

undeadmonkey
Leon

Re: Fantaverse Top 100 Movies of All Time (Thread #7): 40-31

Post by undeadmonkey »

my pleasure, and i truly mean it.

I really do believe that we created something special in this community, this is still the only place on the whole internet that i have been were there are actual conversations and not just people spewing their opinions and if people disagree start attacking each other, and also, there are no trolls, knock on wood.

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

MOVIE #33

Shrykespeare: Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004) – Don't think I've ever seen this all the way through. Stiller was good as the villain, Vaughn wasn' particularly interesting. Not bad though.

silversurfer & chien: Ed Wood (1994) - It has been a long time since I've seen this, but it's one of his best from what I can remember. His last great film. Hell, it's his last good movie. I have it on DVD so now I really have to give it another spin.

thegreenarrow: O Brother Where Art Thou? (2000) - Some say this is the Coens on a roll, but for me it was the start of a questionable era for them, culminating in the awful Ladykillers. There's plenty to like about this. The soundtrack is great, the use of DI is stunning, and Clooney is hilarious. But for me the film just doesn't come together like most of their other films do. There's plenty to enjoy but as a whole it's not exceptional.

transformers: Spider-Man 2 (2004) - Spidey 2 wasn't bad. Raimi looks like he's comfortable with blockbusters and there's plenty of nice visual touches. I did think it was a little too long, and the final fight must not have been great as I can't remember anything about it!

englishozzy: The Truman Show (1998) - Great movie. Thought-provoking and prophetic, with a great performance by Carrey.

Ron Burgundy: GoldenEye (1995) - While I'm no fan of Bond in general, Brosnan was my least favourite. He didn't have the edge of Dalton, the straightness of Connery, or the campness of Moore. He's just lost in the middle, unsure of who he is. So what most of his films became were very silly action films that were almost taken seriously, and failed. Isn't this the one with the female enemy who orgasms when she kills people between her thighs? The feminists must have loved that!

Buscemi: Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (1983) - A very enjoyable conclusion to the trilogy, that's true. Especially the opening scenes.

Banks: Wall Street (1987) - I generally hate Stone's films. They're all so visually heavy-handed (just remember the shot of falling dominos in Wall Street 2. Hmmm.... what could that possibly mean?) and exhausting. But there's enough bile in this film to make it enjoyable, even if it is for Douglas hamming it up as Gekko.

BarcaRulz: Finding Nemo (2003) - I'm not all the crazy about Finding Nemo. I actually found it kind of underwhelming. Its episodic nature (like O Brother above) means that it has good moments but it doesn't come together in the same way other Pixar stuff has.

Geezer: Office Space (1999) - I'm surprised to see this get so much appreciation. I did like it, maybe not as much as you guys, but if it makes our Top 10 I wouldn't complain.

leestu: Once Upon a Time in America (1984) - An excellent crime movie, full of pathos and nostalgia. Amazing soundtrack, and one of the few films where Woods isn't just a sneering ass.

W: Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) - A fun movie to watch as a teen. Can't say I'm desperate to see it again, though.

NSpan: Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998) – Fun to watch, but ultimately it's vacuous.

undeadmonkey: Revolutionary Road (2008) - I do think the performances were quite strong in this, especially Di Caprio who really surprised me at how good he actually could be. But as a film it didn't impress me. I think it hints at a lot of themes but never really develops them fully (interestingly, at the same time I started watching Mad Men, which did start developing simlilar themes a lot more, though now it's sort of dissolved into a well-dressed soap opera). I also thought Shannon's character was a big cliche (the crazy guy who speaks the truth has been used often since Shakespeare!).

JohnErle: Shallow Grave (1994) – It did introduce us to some great people, although all went on to do better (Boyle with Trainspotting and 28 Days Later, Eccleston with the same, McGregor with Philip Morris and Trainspotting, and Fox with No Country). A very solid thriller, but far from Top 100 material for me.

englishozzy
Clark Griswald

Post by englishozzy »

Shryke - I did find this movie funny, nothing really spectacular about it though for me. 7/10

Transformer - Another good film but just like Shryke pick id probably wouldnt have it near my Top 100 personally. Although it is probably the better movie of the three. 7/10

Ron - Goldeneye was a very promising start to Brosnan's stint at Bond, just a shame it didnt pan out like that. Good film and way better than most of Roger Moore's. 8/10

Barca - Another good film from Pixar, a couple of years ago this was probably in my Top 100. Since then though i think Pixar as brought out more superior movies. 8/10

Geezer - Cant complain about this film, pure fun for 90 mins and still funny today. #59 on my list. 8/10

Nspan - First one in a while from you that i have actually seen and it is also #93 on my own list. 8/10

JohnErle - Would not have thought id come across this film on the countdown. Although a pretty good thriller, i see this film as a stepping stone for all who was involved rather than a standout piece of work. 7/10
"Then telephone for an axe"

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Six, at first I thought you had forgotten to comment on my pick for this round, but it seems instead you have apparently misread the film I listed and thought it was the same as SS... ?
Fluctuat nec mergitur

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

You're right, Chien, I did think you had picked Ed Wood. Thanks for spotting that. As for Edward Scissorhands, it's even better than Ed Wood. It's a beautiful, moving story that not only cares about the outsiders but satirises conformity in the best possible way. A gorgeous film with an amazing score.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

numbersix wrote:You're right, Chien, I did think you had picked Ed Wood. Thanks for spotting that. As for Edward Scissorhands, it's even better than Ed Wood. It's a beautiful, moving story that not only cares about the outsiders but satirises conformity in the best possible way. A gorgeous film with an amazing score.
You're welcome buddy, I see we share the same appreciation of the film ;)
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

I wasn't able to comment during the weekend, so I've got some catching up to do !!

Shryke - Planes, trains and automobiles
Hmmmm... Like most US comedies from the 80's, this one never really travelled to France I guess. I barely heard of it. Looks fun though !

Surfer - Casablanca
It's about time I watch it properly. I never really watched it in its entirety. When I was a teen, I've seen bits of it, but never the entire thing properly. To my biggest shame of course !

greenarrow - The Dark Crystal
Well I haven't seen this one either I'm afraid...

transformers - Do the right thing
This is beginning to be embarassing guys, I have seen this one either... Damn !

Ozzy - Dr. No
Haaaaaa, at last, thanks Ozzy, here's a film I have seen in this round ! Well, I can't say I'm the biggest fan of Bond I'm afraid, but it's always a nice viewing pleasure to catch one on TV when there's nothing else.

Ron B - Toy Story
I really need to rewatch this one. I haven't seen it since it was released, and I barely remember it. Only that's it's great ;)

Buscemi - Amelie
I am pleasantly surprised that this is the 4th appearance of this french already-classic. Such an overwhelming film that makes you love life. Such a cinematographic treasure, the work of a true artist like Jeunet.

Six - Barton Fink
Onde of my favourite Coen's. It is such a fascinating look at the troubles of creation. It fully deserved its Golden Palm at Cannes.

Banks - The Shawshank redemption
Sometimes I start to wonder if its reputation is not overrated. But then I watch it, and feel carried away with the characters and the force of the narration. It's a simple and yet wonderful film.

Barca - Pi
And here's one more I have yet to see !

Geezer - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Before Burton made his disastrous adaptation of Dahl's book, I didn't even know there was already one with Gene Wilder existing. I've never seen it.

leestu - Taxi Driver
Unfortunately I have only seen Taxi Driver once, on TV, 9 or ten years ago. I want to see it again, as it really made a strnge impression on me, feeling both fascinated and disturbed by it. A very interesting work.

W - Major League
Never heard of that, but baseball movies rarely travel to France...

NSpan - Fletch
I think I had read the book it's based on when I was a teen, but I am sure I have never seen the film. Chevy Chase is not known in France !

UDM - Saving Private Ryan
A truly lasting film that changed the way war movies were made. I've listed it myself.

JohnErle - The Name of the Rose
This one's almost a classic in France. Everybody's seen it, as it's directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud and adapted from Eco. It's a good mixture of period piece and investigation film. Very enjoyable.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Movie #33

Buscemi - Return of the Jedi - I heart the Ewoks too. Coming up very soon for me. (10/10)

transformers - Spider-Man 2 - Excellent film. The scene where he saves the runaway train was awesome. (9/10)

BarcaRulz - Finding Nemo - Ellen was just so hysterically silly as Dory, it was magnificent. (9/10)

W - Ferris Bueller's Day Off - I was wondering if this film would appear on someone's else list. "Let my...Cameron...go...." (7/10)

englishozzy - The Truman Show - Just okay for me. (6/10)

Ron Burgundy - GoldenEye - Never really got into Brosnan as Bond. Not sure why. (6/10)

Chienfantome - Edward Scissorhands - Like most Burton, it was just all right for me. (5/10)
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

MOVIE #35

Shrykespeare: Executive Decision (1996) – Actually I've never heard of it, but it's got a great cast and the premise interests me, so I'll keep an eye out. (N/A)

thegreenarrow: A Christmas Story (1983) - Obviously I love it. (10/10)

transformers: The Good, the Bad and The Ugly (1966) - I'd say I probably agree with you, certainly my favourite western, so much so it made my own list. And contrary to six's opinion, I actually love all three characters, they are all vile characters, so delightfully slimy but at the same time so engaging. (10/10)

englishozzy: Let the Right One In (2008) - A few of you have commented on the movie not being very scary, but I really don't think that was the intention. I found it to be a beautiful portrayal of a young friendship, a coming of age story wrapped in a vampire chiller. There were some tense moments, but overall I don't think that was the direction the maker was taking it. Excellent performances from the leads too. Really need to pick this up on dvd at some point. And regarding the sex change, although it was only touched on in the film, I believe it was more to highlight the abuse Eli suffered, the victimisation and torture that was her experience of being turned into a vampire. She still has scars, both physical and emotional. She wasn't a power-hungry person who chose to be a vampire; actually, she never would have wanted that, she was castrated and forced to be one. (8/10)

Ron Burgundy: Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) - Another very good western, Fonda is fabulous in it. (8/10)

Buscemi: Lawrence Of Arabia (1962) - Been meaning to see this in a long time and hope to do so soon. (N/A)

Chienfantome: Eyes Wide Shut (1999) – I remember seeing this soon after I watched A Clockwork Orange. I 've only seen it the once and to be honest I'm not sure how I feel about it. The atmosphere it created was so intriguingly mysterious, like a noir it drew you in and you wanted to know more. I don't think I understood all the themes Kubrick was aiming for, but it was certainly very ambitious, and it achieved a few of them. Unfortunately, as already pointed out, the acting isn't that strong, it felt a little too rehearsed at times, but I'm intrigued enough by its story to watch it again some day. (7/10)

numbersix: Brazil (1985) - Good to see it appear again, one of the most inventive movies during my lifetime. (10/10)

Banks: Ray (2004) - Like others have mentioned, along with Walk The Line and the recent Cadillac Records, this was a musical biopic I did enjoy quite a bit. Good performance from Foxx. (7.5/10)

BarcaRulz: Batman Begins (2005) – It was indeed good to see a reboot work, which more often than not falls flat. Hopefully Spider-Man can follow the trend, though I'm not holding out too much hope. (8/10)

Geezer: Return Of The Jedi (1983) - Great movie, as I already mentioned, the introduction was the perfect way to follow the brilliant Empire, and it was plenty of fun after that. It'll be interesting to see what the collective favourite SW movie is.(10/10)

leestu: Blue Velvet (1986) - A very difficult movie to watch, a little more coherent than some of his other pictures, but nevertheless a difficult watch. The atmosphere is absorbing, the darkness of Hopper's room will never leave me, the smell, the colours. And Hopper is truly terrifying. (8/10)

W: Armageddon (1998) - Unfortunately I didn't find this entertaining, instead it was just an overblown music video (and add Aerosmith to boot and it makes it all the more grating). Bloated and vacuous. Not for me at all. (3/10)

NSpan: Army of Darkness (1993) – A fun climax to the series, but the first two were much better. (7/10)

undeadmonkey: Jurassic Park (1993) - I'm so glad to see the respect this is getting, I didn't know how it would fare but it certainly is one of the best blockbusters of recent times (and by recent times I mean 18 years now! man, I'm getting old...). And despite the sequels, I know I'd be first in line for another, there's just something about dinosaurs and the feeling Spielberg created towards the genre. (10/10)

JohnErle: The Falcon and the Snowman (1985) – Hmm, interesting. Never heard of it, but may check it out. (N/A)

silversurfer19
John Rambo

Post by silversurfer19 »

MOVIE #34

Shrykespeare: Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991) – I think until recently you're either in the Star Wars or Star Trek camp. I tried to do both about 15 years ago and it didn't work. I think I came out in a rash and a bout of the flu. They just don't mix. So I was a Star Wars kid and never watched any of the movies beyond the first two. No desire to see this either.

thegreenarrow: Beetlejuice (1988) - Amazed considering how good it is to see we are the only two to have picked it. I'm guessing everyone's impression of Burton has been clouded over recent years, when in actual fact during the 1988-1994 period he was brilliant with movie after movie of perfection. Possibly one of the very best creative minds to grace film. (10/10)

transformers: Toy Story (1995) - Certainly my favourite Pixar, great pick. (10/10)

englishozzy: Jurassic Park (1993) - I'm starting to wonder if anyone will not include this on their lists! (with Shryke and I having it at 101). (10/10)

Ron Burgundy: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) - And another classic! Man this is a great round!! And do I get hated for saying I didn't absolutely loathe the last one? Some ridiculous CGI and the finale was a let down (as was Karen Allen), but overall it was watchable... (10/10)

Buscemi: Evil Dead II: Dead By Dawn (1987) - Man, is someone just picking my top 100 movies for this round! Another!! Not the greatest horro though, it blurs too much into comedy to beat some of the very best horrors. (10/10)

Chienfantome: Le cercle rouge (The Red Circle) (1970) – I watched this a couple of months ago at the cinema, great heist movie. The heist scene is only bettered by my own pick Rififi, but it is so tense, keeps you on the edge of your seat. And I love the scene too where the escaped convict climbs into the boot of the car and is then found by the driver, who goes on to enlist him into the group. So tense, so stark and so brilliantly directed right up until the climax. Great movie, and no doubt with further viewings will make my own top 100. (9/10)

numbersix: The Conversation (1974) - Really, and I mean really, want to see this. It's at the absolute top of my list, now if I could only find it one day! (N/A)

Banks: Knocked Up (2007) - While I prefer Virgin more, this was pretty decent. Couldn't stand Katherine Heigl in it though. (7.5/10)

BarcaRulz: Gladiator (2000) - Where did it all go wrong Ridley, you were so great in the early 80s. bar a couple of good performances, nothing else about this I like, I'm afraid. (6/10)

Geezer: Inception (2010) - Good, but not great. Prefer many other Nolan movies over it. (8/10)

leestu: The Wall (1982) - Never heard of it. Dunno if I want to see more though (N/A)

W: Sesame Street Presents: Follow that Bird! (1985) - This doesn't seem serious, but I guess nostalgia plays a part in everyone's lists I guess. You just have weirder choices than others.... Never seen it, and despite being a big Henson fan this seems just a bit too much of a kids movie. (N/A)

NSpan: Mad Max (1979) – I remember watching this as a kid and being terrified by the murder scene. For some reason though I thought it was right at the start, but when I watched it a couple of years ago it was quite a bit into the movie. Anyway, a great movie, stark and very tense. Gibson is decent and the biker guys chilling. Good pick. (7.5/10)

undeadmonkey: Forrest Gump (1994) - I seem to remember segments of the movie I like rather than the film on the whole. Not something I'd ever be interested in watching again, despite some decent performances. (6/10)

JohnErle: Sideways (2004) – Need to see this again, as while I enjoyed the performances, the overall movie just felt a little ho-hum. Maybe a second viewing will help. (6/10)

One of the best rounds, with plenty of my own top 100 and other great picks.

NSpan
Frank Booth

Post by NSpan »

numbersix wrote:NSpan: Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998) – Fun to watch, but ultimately it's vacuous.
I didn't get my description in on-time... Though I could've just used this and still been happy with my pick.

Did anyone really go into this film expecting anything more than a charming (and stylized) little comedy?
On the run from Johnny Law ... ain't no trip to Cleveland.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Shryke - Executive Decision
Ha ! I'm sure this is going to surprise you, Shryke, but I could write tons of lines about my relationship with this film. Really. It's one of my favourite guilty pleasures, to tell you the truth. I can't resist watching it whenever I stumble upon it on tv. We recently talked about the movies that tried to use the flow of Die Hard, and I think Executive Decision is one of them. An action film with its hero(es) trapped in a confined place, suspense, humour, good action. I remember seeing it in theater, back in 1996 when I was 14, and having a blast watching it. I remember it well because it was the first time I went to what has become my second house, the UGC Les Halles. I now live 10 minutes away from this theater, by foot. Anyway, if we made a Top Guilty Pleasures, this would probably feature in my Top 10. But it's not Top 100 guilty pleasure so it won't appear here ;) But I can understand your love.

Surfer - Vertigo
It's a Hitch movie I haven't seen in a long time, but one I liked very much. Stewart and Novak are great. Still, there are quite a handful of Hitchcock films I prefer.

greenarrow - A Christmas Story
I now have heard of it thanks to you guys, but I still haven't seen this film !

transformers - The Good, the Bad, the Ugly
I still only have seen it on TV, and as I tend to think Leone's films get their full treatment on the big screen, I know I still haven't figured out this film yet. On TV, it felt like a great western, but nothing as immense as Once Upon a Time in the West, which I have seen in theater...

Ozzy - Let the right one in
It was a delicate and surprising film about childhood, and an original take on the vampire genre. One of the best vampire films of the past few years.

Ron B - Once upon a time in the west
Grandiose, as we say in France. A genre at its best. Well chosen, Ron.

Buscemi - Lawrence of Arabia
I'm still waiting to see this one of the big screen, although I haven't even seen it on tv...

Six - BRazil
Yeah, I really need to rewatch this one, as I have only was amazed by it once, during my teen years !

Banks - Ray
I rarely enjoy musicians biopics, and for me Ray is the perfect example in what I don't like about biopics. I took nothing out of it. No knowledge, no pleasure, no emotion, nothing. And Jamie Foxx did not deserve an Oscar for mimicking Charles. I really don't like it, sorry.

Barca - Batman Begins
An interesting way of rebooting a dead character. Nolan paved the way for The Dark Knight solidly. Good film.

Geezer - Return of the Jedi
It may not be my favourite Star Wars, but it has always such a pleasure and ride watching the original trilogy, be it on DVD or even better on the big screen, that I can only understand and salute such a choice.

leestu - Blue Velvet
This is a David Lynch I love. I still prefer Mulholland Drive and especially Lost highway, but Velvet is already such a bizarre, disturbing, fascinating exposition of Lynch's amazing way of thinking cinema.

W - Armageddon
There was a time when Armageddon was almost a guilty pleasure for me, because it was so over the top in terms of... in terms of what ? I don't really know, in fact. But it seemed so unbelievable that a film like that get made, that it became funny. It's not really anymore, but there was a time... ;)

NSpan - Army of Darkness
I've never seen it. Evil Dead is the only I have seen, and I loved it, so I really hope one day I'll catch the second and this one.

UDM - Jurassic Park
When it comes to Hollywood blockbusters, you can't do much better than Steven Spielberg, and you certainly can't do much better than Jurassic Park, such a thrilling adventure. One of my own 100 ;)

JohnErle - The Falcon and the Snowman
I've never seen, as it never really tempted me...
Fluctuat nec mergitur

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

NSpan wrote: I didn't get my description in on-time... Though I could've just used this and still been happy with my pick.

Did anyone really go into this film expecting anything more than a charming (and stylized) little comedy?
It's not really a case of not meeting expectations, it's just that for me it really doesn't have anything to offer besides an occasional amusing moment and an occasional decent visual moment. Outside of expectations it's just not that good for little ol moi.

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Shryke - Star Trek VI
The only other Star Trek movie I had seen before Abrams' reboot was First Contact, and I really did not like it. Nope, I haven't seen this one !

Surfer - Clockwork Orange
I know, I know... I gotta see this one !!

greenarrow - Beetlejuice
A very colourful and enjoyable Burton, at the time he was still making great films. Such a dark and funny film, with a fantastic Michael Keaton.

transformers - Toy Story
Wow, it's slowly turning into a plebiscit for Toy Story ! I won't include it my self, as I haven't seen it in 15 years and can barely remember it...

Ozzy - Jurassic Park
Talking about plebiscits... And this one I 100% back up, as it is a favourite of mine too. Smart, scary, thrilling, funny, it's everything a blockbuster should be.

Ron B - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
It's probably one of the films I have seen the most, and it has been a delight each and every time I have watched it. I regret I've never seen it on the big screen, and really hope one day I will have the opportunity to do so.

Buscemi - Evil Dead II
Like I've said, I have only seen the first one, unfortunately !

Six - The Conversation
One of the rare Coppolas I have never been able to catch ! I've always been attracted by it, so I will, definitely.

Banks - Knocked up
A really good human comedy. Like 40 year-old Virgin, it succeeds in straying outside the pure comedy and exploring well crafted characters and the theme of adulthood.

Barca - Gladiator
Meh. It was enjoyable in theater. But nothing extraordinary. On tv, I can't seem able to get interested by it.

Geezer - Inception
One of 2010's best films, yes. But too soon for me to really know how great it really is.

leestu - The Wall
I've never seen it !

W - Follow that bird
I've never heard of that... Not my type I'd say.

NSpan - Mad Max
It's a film that haunted me when I was a kid, because the 17 year-old boy who used to babysit me and my sister watched it one day he was watching us, and we got to catch a glimpse of it, and it made me have nightmares for days. Heck, for weeks ! I've rewatched it a few years later, it did not really catch my attention.

UDM - Forrest Gump
A film I've watched quite a few times when I was a teen. I used to love it. Today, it does not feel as great, but it's still an ambitious and enjoyable human journey.

JohnErle - Sideways
It's a nice film, pretty smart, and surprisingly funny. I haven't seen it since theater though.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Chienfantome
Captain Jack Sparrow

Post by Chienfantome »

Shryke - Dodgeball
This is fun. I always appreciate a good comedy based on stupidity with great actors playing it, and this is a good one in that field.

Surfer - Ed Wood
I don't think I have seen Ed Wood more than once. It was on video when I was 16 or 17 I think. I was strange and soft for a Burton film at that time, but it was good.

greenarrow - O brother where art thou ?
Far from my favourite Coen film, but it had that little goofball vibe that is really charming.

Transformers - Spiderman 2
Very nice. I really like the first two Spiderman, even though as I have said superhero films are rrely favourite films of mine. But I hope no one will list the 3rd Spidey... ;)

Ozzy - The Truman Show
I have picked it a couple of days ago or so, so I can only share your love for Weir's visionnary film.

Ron B - Goldeneye
As far as Brosnan go as 007, this is without a doubt his best film. At least, it's the one that ages the best from his era.

Buscemi - Return of the Jedi
A very enjoyable conclusion to the first and amazing Star Wars trilogy.

Six - The Royal Tenenbaums
Wes Anderson truly is one of my favourite american directors working today. His films generally rank among my annual favourites each time he makes one. The Royal Tenenbaums manages to be a deliciously dark comedy where the laughter and the tears share the screen with evidence. An amazing film.

Banks - Wall Street
I've never seen Wall Street. I meant to last year, in order to go see the sequel, but in the end I haven't seen any of them.

Barca - Finding Nemo
A wonderful adventure through the ocean, filled with terrific characters and dialogues. It just missed my Top 100.

Geezer - Office Space
Wow, Office Space makes a comeback. It's a little comedy I enjoy very much, with some crazily funny supporting characters, so it's a pleasure to see it is so popular, although I don't love it THAT much.

leestu - Once upon a time in America
Rarely has a film been so dense narratively and yet so pure. It's such a an amazingly crafted portrait of America. I love it.

W - Ferris Bueller's day off
I've discovered this one very, very late. It must have been 2 or 3 years ago on cable. And I had a good time watching it. Having not grown up with it, I can't love it as much as most of you probably do, but it surely is an enjoyable comedy.

NSpan - Lock, stock and two smoking barrels
It probably is the only Ritchie film I enjoyed watching when I saw it in theater, for it was unpretentious and minor.

UDM - Revolutionary Road
It's challenging and ambitious. The couple of actors are amazing, especially DiCaprio in it, and it's got some amazing supporting players. The writing is also excellent. It's a good film, yes.

JohnErle - Shallow Grave
Hmmmm... Have I seen it since theater ? I can't remember. I may have seen it once more on TV a few years later I don't know. And I barely remember the film. I think I had enjoyed it.
Fluctuat nec mergitur