ROBDude's Top 10 Worst Films Of 2013

Like a book club, but for movies instead. Hosted by NSpan.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

ROBDude
Peter Gibbons

ROBDude's Top 10 Worst Films Of 2013

Post by ROBDude »

I know it's late because of my recent inactivity (aside from posts in the Trailers before Movies Thread, which now happen rarely), but here are my Top 10 worst films of 2013:

10. Grown Ups 2

Lame Jokes, A nightmarish scene involving a f**king deer, and complete disgust from beginning to end. I still don't know why this didn't make higher on the list. Probably because Stone Cold Steve Austin was in it, who was the only good part.

9. Escape From Planet Earth

Brendan Fraser at his worst. Just another one of those Pixar Wannabes that fails at everything: from voice acting to the dialogue to the goddamn Soundtrack. This is obviously the worst animated film I've ever seen.....Until The Nut Job came along....

8. The Lone Ranger

Aside from Johnny Depp and that Epic Train Scene, this piece of Sh*t felt like it would go on and on AND ON AND ON.

7. The Croods

In all honesty I enjoy all DreamWorks Animation Films (Yes. Even Shark Tale.), but The Croods just didn't do it for me, not because of Nicolas Cage, but for the lack of story and dialogue.

6. 47 Ronin

Everything about this movie is WRONG. It almost made me stop watching 3D movies for the rest of my life cause I saw this in the theaters in 3D, and I almost vomited over how BAD the 3D was. This film was, and always shall be, the BIGGEST Box Office Bomb in history since the Goddamn Oogieloves In The Big Sh*t Adventure.

5. Battle Of The Year 3D

Let me make this clear: Chris Brown Can't Act. Worst Dance Movie I've ever seen since Take The Lead. Even James Ford couldn't save this movie. Sorry Lost Fans.

4. The Host

One of the first Twilight wannabes and I'm not impressed. Terrible dialogue, dramatic scenes that nearly put me to sleep, and a voice over that made me leave the show before it even ended and got tickets to GI Joe Retaliation instead. If You SMEEEEELL what The Rock is Cooking. And To Make Matters worst, the book was made by Stephanie Meyer, the same author who did TWILIGHT. TWILIGHT. What a Piece Of Sh*t.

3. The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones

This is the other Twilight Wannabe but has Percy Jackson elements and you get a major mess. Nauseating CGI effects, bland Cinematography, and it's one of those films that breaks one of the the Ten Commandments of Filmmaking: YOU DON'T LET BOX OFFICE BOMBS GET A GODDAMN SEQUEL! I mean, maybe the sequel was made because of fan reactions, but who cares, the sequel's gonna suck anyways.

2. The Starving Games

Jason Friedberg And Aaron Seltzer are just the worst directors of all time. They always have been. This time they parodied The Hunger Games. What Idiots.

1. After Earth

I'm Sorry. No Exceptions. This Is The Worst M. Night Shyamalan Movie I Have ever seen in my entire life, though I claim The Last Airbender to be worse than this. Everything about this film is SOOOO WRONG, about twice as wrong as 47 Ronin. For Example, the dialogue, Jaden Smith's terrible acting that even gives Jake Lloyd A Run for his money, and the atrocious Story. I mean come on Will, at least you did better in Anchorman 2 And Winter's Tale! In honesty, I HATE M. Night Shyamalan, and he just crossed the line with his latest Sh*tfest After Earth. F**k This Movie. F**K THIS PIECE OF SH*T MOVIE!

10 DIS-Honorable Mentions That didn't qualify for the list:

- RIPD
- Paranoia
- Movie 43
- Jobs
- Sharknado
- Getaway
- The Big Wedding
- InAPPropriate Comedy
- Scary Movie 5
- Temptation: Confessions Of A Marriage Counselor
Current Film Watchlist:

Bob Marley: One Love
Dune Part II
Kung Fu Panda 4
Imaginary
Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire
Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Re: ROBDude's Top 10 Worst Films Of 2013

Post by Shrykespeare »

I didn't see all of your choices (on purpose, in many cases), and I have to disagree with you on After Earth and The Croods. While After Earth wasn't great, I enjoyed it far more than Lady in the Water and The Crappening. And I found The Croods to be quite amusing.

You're young, so I won't criticize why you would even subject yourself to Battle of the Year or The Starving Games. Some films just scream "90 minutes of your life that you'll never get back", and I tend to avoid those like the plague. Eventually you'll develop that sense too.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

ROBDude
Peter Gibbons

Re: ROBDude's Top 10 Worst Films Of 2013

Post by ROBDude »

Shrykespeare wrote:I didn't see all of your choices (on purpose, in many cases), and I have to disagree with you on After Earth and The Croods. While After Earth wasn't great, I enjoyed it far more than Lady in the Water and The Crappening. And I found The Croods to be quite amusing.

You're young, so I won't criticize why you would even subject yourself to Battle of the Year or The Starving Games. Some films just scream "90 minutes of your life that you'll never get back", and I tend to avoid those like the plague. Eventually you'll develop that sense too.
I understand. After Earth is bad, but The Last Airbender is much worse than After Earth.
Current Film Watchlist:

Bob Marley: One Love
Dune Part II
Kung Fu Panda 4
Imaginary
Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire
Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire