Fantaverse Top 100 Movies of All Time (Thread #8): 30-21

Like a book club, but for movies instead. Hosted by NSpan.

Moderators: Buscemi, BarcaRulz, Geezer, W

Chienfantome
Tyler Durden

Re: Fantaverse Top 100 Movies of All Time (Thread #8): 30-21

Post by Chienfantome »

Shryke - Return of the Jedi
I may be in the camp that believes this is below Star Wars and Empire, but this is still an amazingly enjoyable space adventure, and one unmissable.

Surfer - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
How many times have I watched it between my 12th and 18th year ? I have no idea. But as far as adventure goes, this is it. A jubilatory ride from the very first to the very last minute, with action, with humour. With plenty to fill dozens of great films.

greenarrow - Shaun of the Dead
I can't believe how many times this film has been cited. Well it's a very enjoyable film, so it's cool, I guess.

transformers - 28 days later...
As far as zombie films go, this is one of the best that has been made, yep. Although I was very much surprised myself to think the sequel was actually even better.

Ozzy - Toy Story 2
I'm not huuuuuuge on Toy Story 2, but it's a very fine film.

Ron B - Thank you for smoking
Reitman has yet to strike me with something genius, but he really is an interesting director, offering us original and good films like this one.

Buscemi - The Shawshank Redemption
I've never seen it in theater. I have caught it 3 or 4 years later on TV, expecting nothing particular, and receiving an incredibly affecting story. I'm the first to be surprised by the popularity of this film, but also the first to be praising it.

Six - The Exorcist
Nope. Noo no no. Well, I have to say I have only seen it once, but that's because I didn't like it that first time I saw it. It was in theater, and a girl had threw up a few seats away from mine, causing a horrible smell to impregnate the film the whole way through. Maybe that's why I didn't like it. But I didn't like it. I wasn't scared, and I was a bit bored.

Banks - Kill Bill Vol. I
2 hours of fun. Fantastic film.

Barca - The Kite Runner
I haven't seen it. I did not find the motivation to do so.

Geezer - Apollo 13
I think Ron Howard is a highly overrated director who hasn't directed anything truly great. But he has made a small handful of films very watchable and enjoyable, and this is one of them.

leestu - Rebel without a cause
It may lack a bit of craziness and unpredictability, but it's still a solid and interesting film. Dean goes a little too much over the top, but he's still fascinating.

W - The School of Rock
I like Linklater, but this isn't one of his best films. Very Hollywood, very square. Still fun, but forgettable.

NSpan - The big Lebowski
Excellent choice with a perfect timing, NSpan ;)

UDM - The Lookout
A very disappointing film for me. I expected it eagerly, for it had a great buzz and a cast I loved, but it left me cold and let down.

JohnErle - Angel Heart
It's quite good. The atsmophere of the film is often intense, and the twist is memorable. It was a long time ago that I saw it.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Chienfantome
Tyler Durden

Post by Chienfantome »

Shryke & Barca - The Matrix
You already know I love it ;) A fantastic sci-fi excentricity that blew my mind away three times in theater, and one I still love at each viewing.

Surfer - Spiderman 2
Like I said, I'm not high on superhero films, but the first two Spideys are some of the best there is. Molina was great in it. But it's still not something I would ever consder for Top 100. Maybe, also, because I haven't seen it since theater, haven't felt the desire to see it again since then, and don't even remember it properly.

Greenarrow - The birds
It's funny, I just finished watching Hitchcock's Marnie for the first time, with the same Ms Hedren. I haven't seen The Birds since I was a 10 year-old kid, and I remember being impressed and a bit scared by it.

transformers - Anchorman
I love Will Ferrell, I love Steve Carell, I love Paul Rudd... It's a crazy and absurd comedy, and I love it.

Ozzy - The Nightmare before Christmas
I don't really remember it, it was okay.

Ron B - Old School
I remember there was a single movie theater playing it in Paris back when it was released, a small one at the center of Paris, below the ground, where you hear and feel the subway when watching the film. It did not stop me from laughing all the way through the film. I even have it on dvd. Haven't watched it in a while, though.

Schindler's List
It ended up being my #101. I haven't seen it in a long time. Probably because it's not an easy film to watch, and yet it is a great, great film. So well crafted, so powerful, so emotional. Great film.

Six - Eraserhead
Can you believe I have never seen Eraserhead ? Damn...

Banks & UDM - Children of Men
A favourite of my own, great choice Banks and UDM. Visually stunning, and thematically fascinating.

Geezer - Transformers
I'll give you this is one of the most watchable and enjoyable film Michael Bay has ever done. Heck, I even find it quite good in its first hour and a half, or something like that. But the bots start kicking each other's ass, I want to turn it off.

leestu - Rashomon
A defining film of cinema. one whose presence in any Top is completely acceptable. It's a real narrative tour de force.

W - Mr Deeds
I've never seen it, and I can't say I want to...

NSpan - Evil Dead II
I've never seen this one either, but this one, I want to see ;)

JohnErle - Jacob's ladder
I have seen it a couple of years ago on TV, and was very curious about it because of its subject, but in the end I was a bit disappointed. And to be honest, I already have trouble remembering the film.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

JohnErle
Snake Plissken

Post by JohnErle »

geezer wrote:
Transformers (2007)[/b] - Director: Michael Bay; starring Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox and Josh Duhamel. As a well documented action junkie, and lover of the Transformers franchise, Michael Bay's masterpiece obviously had me excited as I took my seat to watch it in theaters. Turns out, it was a thrilling, visually stunning, at times hilarious, completely awesome, couldn't have possibly succeeded more type of film that doesn't come around too often. It is easily one of the favorite theater memories of my life. It was just so much FUN. And that is what movies like Transformersare supposed to be. F-U-N. Not deep, not some moving character study that makes you laugh, moves you to tears, and leaves you pondering the meaning of life. Just good old fashioned fun in a theater. Some people might not get that, but hey, they can walk around with the stick firmly planted in their ass for as long as they'd like. (2nd appearance)
Aren't you the guy who's always ranting about snobs? Then you go and engage in this kind of reverse snobbery? I call bullshit on that.

BanksIsDaFuture
Jack Torrance

Post by BanksIsDaFuture »

A theater underground? That sounds fantastic!
Alexandra Daddario: Eyes of a Demon, Face of My Future Ex-Wife

Geezer
Axel Foley

Post by Geezer »

No, John, that is me further ranting about snobs. The snobs are the very folks who walk around with said stick planted up said asses. This is me stating that if they like it that way, I can't do much to change it.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

There's a similar theatre in New York called the Angelika Film Center. However, the trains can get really loud and it has rodent troubles sometimes (due to it being in the Village, which is somewhat infamous for rodent problems).
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Three-fourths done.

MOVIE #26

Shrykespeare

Liar Liar (1997)
– Director: Tom Shadyac; starring Jim Carrey, Maura Tierney, Jennifer Tilly, Cary Elwes and Amanda Donohoe. Carrey has always been known as an OTT physical comedian, but never has he channeled his manic energy as expertly and hysterically as in this film. Imagine being a lawyer, on the cusp of a career-making case, suddenly unable to tell a lie for a full day? If you tell me that the boardroom scene (“SLLLLLLLUT!!!!”) isn’t one of the funniest he’s ever done, well, I just won’t believe you. A little hokey in places, but that can be forgiven when it’s matched by this much humor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0DA75eOltA

silversurfer

Rear Window (1954)
- Director: Alfred Hitchcock; starring James Stewart, Grace Kelly and Thelma Ritter. I think it says something about my opinion of Hitch when my third favourite movie of his ranks at no.26! The master of suspense was at his absolute peak when he released Rear Window, and with a thrilling adaptation of Cornell Woolrich's short story, Hitchcock was able to craft one of his most entertaining pieces which wowed audiences with something which has become so ingrained in society now; our obsession with voyeurism. It's a thrilling movie with Stewart at his best as the everyman photographer (who I suppose are the greatest of all voyeurs, especially in the modern age) and inquisitive peeping tom unable to look away from the events unfurling in his neighbourhood while he is compounded within his apartment due to a broken leg. And while I marvel at the technical genius of Hitch, with his ability to maintain plot momentum despite being limited - as in Rope, to just one room and watching the goings on from an audibly confusing distance, what I think is most striking about the movie is how Hitchcock emphasised that while we may have full knowledge of what is happening in front of us, we seem to cloud our own judgement and create illusions on what at first appears to be a pretty mundane environment. Is what we are watching all in our head? Are we looking for something that isn't there? Hitch uses this misdirection brilliantly and no matter how many times I watch the movie the suspense which slowly builds to its dramatic conclusion is thrilling to watch. (3rd appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kCcZCMYw38

thegreenarrow

Some Like It Hot (1959)
- Director Billy Wilder; starring Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis and Marilyn Monroe. This is an old favourite which I've loved for a very long time, probably one of the greatest comedies of all time, the combination of Lemmon and Curtis works so well together, they just bounce off each other with line after line of comedy gold. Maybe with any other actors and with any other director the movie may have failed (I mean, I can't imagine anyone else being able to pull off dresses like they did), but with Lemmon and Curtis they were just a delight to watch. The train scene is probably my favourite, with them bustling around in the little carriage; I always longed to spend a night on a train after this (which I did eventually get to do when we were on holiday in Thailand). (2nd appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbU0DG88dcg

transformers

Hustle and Flow (2005)
- Director: Craig Brewer; starring Terence Howard, Anthony Anderson, Taraji P. Henson, and Taryn Manning. This is a movie that got seriously overlooked, mainly because of its title. This is an inspirational and brilliant drama about chasing a dream. Terence Howard is excellent as the lead, D.J, a pimp who is displeased with his life and pursues a career in rapping. This is a tremendous, expertly acted and highly underrated film. (2nd appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otn1YORTxDo

englishozzy

Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
- Director: Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones; starring Graham Chapman, John Cleese and Eric Idle. I don’t think a film has ever succeeded to have me in stitches of laughter as much as this one. The cast of Monty Python are in their element, sweating out every conceivable joke for a medieval spoof subject. Highlights include a homicidal rabbit, a satire on The Black Knight and a very funny conversation with a French person. Personally, I rate this over Life of Brian although there isn’t much between the two. (6th appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs

Ron Burgundy

Die Hard (1989)
- Director: John McTiernan; starring Bruce Willis and Alan Rickman. What else can I say that hasn’t already been said about this; Bruce as the kick ass cop and Rickman as one of the coolest villains ever. But plenty of action, some laughs to go with it and a ripper story. (6th appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia4BgnjPG7w

Buscemi

Fargo (1996)
- Director: Joel Coen; starring Frances McDormand, William H. Macy, Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare and Harve Presnell. A botched hit called by a used car salesman becomes a hilariously dark comedy of errors from The Coen Brothers. Everything in this film comes together very nicely. The direction is great, the script is easily quotable and entertaining with its combination of dark comedy and standard Up North archetypes (the Coens are from Minnesota, not surprisingly) and the cold setting of the Twin Cities adds to the mystery and strangeness of the story. The acting, consisting of many Coen regulars, is brilliant. McDormand (Mrs. Joel Coen) got a well-deserved Oscar as the cliche-breaking sheriff Marge Gunderson. Despite her character being heavily pregnant, she is completely able to hold her own and manages to be stronger-willed than most authority figures in cinema. Macy also does a great job as the dilemma-facing Jerry Lundegaard, who calls a hit on his wife to avoid going into debt and having his father-in-law breathe down his neck. Buscemi and Stormare are hilarious as the inept hitmen, always seeming to get into a bigger problem than the one before it. One of the biggest crimes in Oscar history was this not winning Best Picture in 1997. What does a funny movie with great acting that's under two hours have to be to win some recognition? The Academy was so wrong to give it to The English Patient. (5th appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpdOXSEkvO8

Chienfantome

Gattaca (1997)
– Director: Andrew Niccol; starring Ethan Hawke, Uma Thurman, Jude Law, Gore Vidal and Xander Berkeley. Science-fiction has always been a genre I have felt attracted by. Only rarely do I miss a film from the genre, and it has always been so. When Gattaca was released, I was 16. I went to see it twice in theater. I don’t remember if I viewed it then as I view it now. Did I perceive how visionary it was ? Was I afraid of the not so distant future depicted, or fascinated by it ? Today I am baffled by how subtle and smart this film is, a bit like The Truman Show, which Niccol wrote at the same time. The obsession for clean and cold is terrifying as much as it seems realistic. But this is not a cold film. It is tainted with a touch of spleen, a sense of grace, that propels the film into a poetic world. The story is gripping, the actors have never been better, but it is the mood that Niccol manages to create that makes this film not just a great sci-fi film. But a marvelous one. An essential one. (3rd appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7OYCmynrRU

numbersix

Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
- Director: David Lean; starring Peter O’Toole, Omar Sharif, Alec Guinness and Anthony Quinn. You know a film is good when it runs for three-and-a-half hours and you just don’t feel it. It helps when the cinematography is so indescribably stunning. Each frame is composed like a perfect painting. If this film ever appears in your local cinema, go see it! But for me, the beauty of an image cannot sustain a feature film, no matter how pretty. So, Lawrence of Arabia is actually the engaging (true) story of the Englishman who attempted to unite the Arabs and topple the Ottoman rule of the land. Peter O Toole plays Lawrence with blue-eyed ambition, almost intoxicated by his self-righteousness. Lean doesn’t let his Lawrence away too easily, though (like the inferior epic Braveheart). For all of his success we’re shown the consequences of his endeavours, including the death of those around him. Plus, throughout the film we’re led to question his motivations: is this for something he believes to be right and just, or is it to achieve fame and a demi-god status? This complexity of character is not seen enough in cinema, and this film only demonstrates how utilizing that can make not only 3-plus hours fly by, but stay with us forever. (3rd appearance)

Here’s the famous “nothing is written” scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7TnY94x_mI

Banks

True Romance (1993)
- Director: Tony Scott; starring Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette and Dennis Hopper. “So you’re Sicilian, huh?” Yes, True Romance has a ton of great things – Arquette and Slater as doomed lovers, Gary Oldman as a ghetto, dreadlocked pimp, Brad Pitt as a constantly stoned layabout, and one of the better gunfights of the 90s – but most people remember it for the iconic, and insanely intense, trailer conversation between Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper. Yeah, they may be talking about the racial history of Italy, but they’re really waiting to see who’s going to crack first. Hopper’s defiance in the face of certain death is brave, stupid, courageous, and effin’ brilliant. (2nd appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXjcf47y-zk

BarcaRulz

Saving Private Ryan (1998)
- Director: Steven Speilberg; starring Tom Hanks, Matt Damon, Tom Sizemore, Edward Burns, Barry Pepper, Adam Goldberg, Giovanni Ribisi, Vin Diesel, Ted Danson, Paul Giamatti and Dennis Farina. As far as I am concerned, one of the best casts ever assembled, especially with so much underrated talent such as Pepper, Goldberg, and Ribisi in there. The opening scene(s) is one of the best I have ever seen. The film is able to keep you on the edge of your seat throughout, with some great battle sequences, and superb acting/directing. Another great scene is the 'knife scene'. (5th appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMfUiwIjDdM

Geezer

Training Day (2001)
- Director: Antoine Fuqua; starring: Denzel Washington, Ethan Hawke and Scott Glenn. My favorite movie from one of the best actors of my generation. Denzel pulls off his quintessential role here. He is completely in his element and I don't think anyone could have pulled it off the way he did. Its as if the role was written specifically for him. Every scene is riveting and the fact that it all takes place over the course of one day, and manages to pack so many different elements into it is just remarkable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caqE0DY5t_8

leestu

The Exorcist (1973)
- Director: William Friedkin; starring Ellen Burstyn, Max Von Sydow and Linda Blair. To me it is the second half of the movie featuring the epic mental battle of wills between representatives of good and evil that makes this movie something special, not the shocking (for its time) scenes of Linda Blair being possessed; although they were awesome as well. (2nd appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLyCVsTKGbo

W

The Wizard of Oz (1939)
- Director: Victor Fleming; starring Judy Garland, Ray Bolger, Bert Lahr, Jack Haley and Frank Morgan. Has there ever been a film that was made so long ago, but has aged so well? Seriously, for a 70+ year old film, this one kicks some ass in the all the technical departments (watch the Blu-Ray) and was nominated for all of the visual departments but won none. The story is one of the most well known with some of the most loved characters of all time. And the Oscar-sweeping soundtrack is one of the best of all-time. My daughter's favorite film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOKK8mAkiUI

NSpan

Office Space (1999)
– Director: Mike Judge; starring Ron Livingston, Jennifer Aniston, Stephen Root and Gary Cole. There isn't much left to say about this film at this point. Personally, living in Austin, I have a personal connection to it (nearly every locale featured in the film is within 5-15 minutes from my apartment). And, yes, I have worked in a cubicle (thank God those days are behind me)... But I think the humor transcends even cubical-type jobs. The stereotypes poked fun at in this movie exist at EVERY workplace environment. The original animated series was a blast, but Mike Judge outdid himself with the live-action adaptation. To John (or whoever said that he didn't like Office Space because he saw the Milton cartoons first: it's an ADAPTATION! And a good one at that. Of course ideas are going to be reused--that's the whole idea of faithfully adapting something from one medium to another! PS. Idiocracy is criminally underrated. If you think Office Space as one of your "favorite" movies, give Idiocracy (and, for that matter, Extract) another chance. Understand that the low-brow humor is SATIRE. Satire that is so spot on, that it's almost depressing... but that's the idea. (8th appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND7tU8JME_g

undeadmonkey

Hotel Rwanda (2004)
- Director: Terry George; starring Don Cheadle, Sophie Okonedo and Joaquin Phoenix. This movie and movies like this are special to me, Movies that are more than just entertainment. A movie that shows strife in this world and what a few people can do to make a difference. Even though that difference seems small in comparison sometimes. I’ve heard some people call this film the Schindler-lite. I disagree and think it’s a disservice and even somewhat rude to the real story behind it. Just because the stories are somewhat similar doesn’t mean that people shouldn’t know what happened here. I’ve also read some reviews saying ‘nobody even really died, it all happened off-screen’ which I just find crude and explains perfectly what this movie is about. Like Joaquin Phoenix’s character says “People will say ‘my God, that's horrible’. Then they'll go right on eating their dinners ”. This movie doesn’t resort to big explosions or gory death scenes to tell its tale. It used some damn fine actors and just lets them tell this horrifying true story. And hopefully changes us for the better. Maybe it can’t inspire us to go out and end hatred in this world, but maybe it can inspire us to go out and do small things here and there for others. After all, change starts with us. (2nd appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYwuXvA589A

JohnErle

The Blair Witch Project (1999)
– Directors: Daniel Myrick and Eduardo Sanchez; starring Heather Donahue, Joshua Leonard and Michael C. Williams. 100 years from now this movie will be every bit as scary while horror that relies on FX will be laughable. And all the pale imitators like Cloverfield will be forgotten. (2nd appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D51QgOHrCj0

Office Space joins Toy Story and Shaun of the Dead as the only 8-timers so far. (I can assure you all, however, that there will be at least one film that appears on TEN lists. Not bad considering there are only 18 of us, INCLUDING the gone-but-not-forgotten JohnL.) Die Hard jumps to #10, Holy Grail to #14 and Saving Private Ryan to #15.
Happy 60th birthday Jet Li! (4/26/23)

numbersix
Darth Vader

Post by numbersix »

MOVIE #26

Shrykespeare: Liar Liar (1997) – Never seen it. I have to admit sometimes Carey can be too OTT and it's really annoying, and I've never been interested in this because of that.

silversurfer: Rear Window (1954) - One of my favourite Hitch films. Riveting stuff.

thegreenarrow: Some Like It Hot (1959) - Another classic, and one I adore. While the cast are perfect I personaly believe it was the writer and director who were responsible for most of the magic, but the cast certainly do help. One of the best last lines of any film, ever.

transformers: Hustle and Flow (2005) - Still haven't seen it.

englishozzy: Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975) - The jokes just keep on coming in this one. There's very few films I can think of that are as consistently funny as this.

Ron Burgundy: Die Hard (1989) - Excellent choice. If every action film since was as half as good as this, cinema would be a lot better. I still am disappointed at how action films just can't match this one's brilliance. Executive Decision is a good example, though (thanks for the reminded Shryke), and I kinda like 16 Blocks, but that's about all I can think of.

Buscemi: Fargo (1996) - Brilliant film. A noir in the snow, what a great idea. It certainly helps when it's as brilliantly written as this. What's funny is that there's one scene I can't get out of my head. It's not the wood chipper, or the abduction, it's the scene where Margie meets an old flame in a nearby town. There's something about that scene that makes me think it shouldn't be there but adds depth because it is.

Chienfantome: Gattaca (1997) – Missed it in the cinemas myself as I wrote it off as a sentimental drama. Oh how wrong I was. As you know it's on my list and I find it to pack an emotional punch every time I watch it. The dialogue is just amazing. It's almost like the script was written in the 1940's (in a good way). Hawke, Thurman, and Law all give their best performances, and the direction is amazing. As is the beautiful score by Michael Nyman, which adds even more to the wonderful ending.

Banks: True Romance (1993) - It's an okay movie, a bit cartoonish and the leads aren't particularly strong. A nice introduction to Tarantino but not a patch most of the films QT went on to direct.

BarcaRulz: Saving Private Ryan (1998) - Yeah, that knife scene is brutal but brilliant. That and the scene where the grenade is thrown back. I'm still not overly enamoured by the plot after the Normandy scenes, but it's a good film anyway.

Geezer: Training Day (2001) - Denzel has disappointed me, to be honest. during the 90's it seemed as if he was going to be an astounding actor (if you haven't seen Malcolm X, do) but since the late 90's he's been the same character. Tough, straight, with the potential to explode. To be honest he reminds me of Pacino in the 80's and 90's. The potential sort of fell aside and he became a pardoy of himself. With Training Day, I found Denzel to be a little too OTT, and the film comes across as schlocky in its attempts to portray corruption.

leestu: The Exorcist (1973) - Glad to see I'm not the only one who digs this film. Chien, you should give this film another try and just don't expect it to be "scary". It's more tense. Oh, and I'm not sure about you, Leetsu, but I think the original cut is better than the director's cut. The Spider-Walk scene is okay but there's more tension if Regen stays in her bedroom, as that space becomes the space of the horror. Plus the original cut's scene where Carris and the exorcist just sit and don't talk has way more of a dramatic punch (in the director's cut they discuss what's going on).

W: The Wizard of Oz (1939) - It has been way too long since I've seen this, so it's hard to comment. It must have been a mind-fuck of a film at the time, though. I've never tried listening to Dark Side of the Moon when watching it, must try that too.

NSpan: Office Space (1999) – I almost feel guilty for not including it in my Top 100, but I am just not as passionate about it as you guys. I do like it enough to be be interested in Judge's other movies, so thanks for the recommendation NSpan.

undeadmonkey: Hotel Rwanda (2004) - One thing you have to ask yoruself about films like this, is whether it woudl have the same impact if it wasn't based ona true story. I can honeslty say Schindler's List is so beautifully made that it transcends the sympathy of history. With this, I think if I wasn't aware of the Hutu/Tutsi war it wouldn't have as much of an impact. I do like it, it has some good performances, but I can't help but feel a documentary would have the same impact.

JohnErle: The Blair Witch Project (1999) – I dunno, John, for me this is more like a rollercoaster. It's a gimmick. I've seen it once, and I'd say after a second viewing I wouldn't find it scary anymore.

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

MOVIE #26

Shrykespeare

Liar Liar (1997) – This was quite possibly my favourite move once upon a time, 'IT WAS MEEE!'. And probably would have made my top 150, but i watched it recently and just didnt like it as much, shame too cause i bought it on DVD. But then again, perhaps it was my mood. I must make a re-watch list. Cant wait to see everyones top 25, but your Shryke, might be the most intersting of all.

silversurfer

Rear Window (1954) - Meh...i dont mind this, and yeah ok the meh is being a bit harsh, but i dont thik Hitchcock is that good. *duck* ha you missed!

thegreenarrow

Some Like It Hot (1959) - Ok, you say its funny, but its over 50 years old? I guess theres only one way to find out. I suppose The Holy Grail is over 35 years old.

transformers

Hustle and Flow (2005) - Well, now that it has been picked twice, it goes on my must see list.

englishozzy

Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975) Offcourse i agree with this pick, its one of the funniest movies ever!

Ron Burgundy

Die Hard (1989) - John McTiernan....what happened man?

Buscemi

Fargo (1996) - Agree with everything you say, especially about the two inept crooks, Stormare and Buscemi. And boy, it looks like the most picked and directors would be the Coens, the only good movie we haven't had from them is Millers Crossing which almost made my list. Oh and that Lana Wachowski thing is dam disturbing, but is the Matrix 4/5 real?

Chienfantome

Gattaca (1997) – Somebody else chose this earlier and i said i wanted to watch it again after watching the first 30 mins for the 2nd time recently. Possibly Ethan Hawke and Jude Law's best.

numbersix

Lawrence of Arabia (1962) - And yet another one of your picks makes my Must See list, although ive wanted to see this for a while and i think boosh chose this too. I haven't seen much from Peter O'Toole but i guess this is his Magnum Opus (is that the right wording?). And David Lean, well i have one of his films coming up on my list so i should check something else from him asap. Oh and I watched Barton Fink, and well it did start off slow, gathering pace gradually and ended up pretty good, even if it was a bit offbeat and randomly tying loose ends. Goodman pretty much has the role of his life here, he did very well. And Michael Lerner practically stole every scene he was in. But towards the end i was thinking, how many more serious roles did Turturro do after this? Quiz Show....thats it.

Banks

True Romance (1993) - Tony Scott directed this? Anyway, i enjoyed this heaps the first time i watched it, and ended up buying this for $1 on VHS, a bargain if you ask me. Fun fact: did you know Gary Oldman has a different accent in every role he does?!

BarcaRulz

Saving Private Ryan (1998) - Agreed that this is a truly talented cast, and i love big casts. But it really needs a re-watch because i have forgot the 'knife' scene, and also that Ted Danson apppears. Oh, btw barca, i watch The Prophet tonight, and i really enjoyed it, i watched the whole thing in one go,something that im prone to not achieving quite frequently. The lead character, Tamar something and Neils Aronstrop really did a fantastic job in their roles. Kudos for you pick, i will delve a little deeper into your unseen picks from now.

Geezer

Training Day (2001) - Not a bad pick, in 2002 this would probably have made my top, but now it has slid down the rankings. I like it how Dre and Snoop Dogg appear in minor roles. And if you think Denzel was made for this role, i disagree, i think Wesley Snipes could have pulled this off, though probably not as good as what Denzel did, i mean, he did win an Oscar didnt he? King Kong aint got......

leestu

The Exorcist (1973) - So another appearance ay? Well i guess i should watch it soon, ive got it right here on my computer but theres a few i need to see before this, such as The Philadelphia Story, The Apartment, The Town and Silverado and the second half of Cat on a Hot tin Roof.

W

The Wizard of Oz (1939) - Have not seen this since primary school, and to be honest the only time ive felt i wanted to see it again, is when futurama spoofed it.

NSpan

Office Space (1999) – I am pretty impressed at how well this movie is going, but then again, its probably in my top 150 so i cant argue. I like the closet (or car) white rapper scene.

undeadmonkey

Hotel Rwanda (2004) - Yeah i think this is a sad story, if you had of told me Cheadle was an American if i didnt know him i wouldn't have believed you. But this film is a tad too sympathetic.

JohnErle

The Blair Witch Project (1999) - Haven't seen it. But will one far away day, its probably second last on my must see list now, above accepted, which aren't really must see's, just might see's
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

Movie #26

Ron Burgundy - Die Hard - Coming up very shortly on my list. (10/10)

BarcaRulz - Saving Private Ryan - Great film. (8/10)

W - The Wizard of Oz - Well, you're conditioned to see this movie as a child, and most people love it, even if they don't admit it. (6/10)

Chienfantome - Gattaca - I remember liking it, but I don't remember much about it beyond the basic premise. (6/10)

Buscemi - Fargo - I liked it. "In what way?" "Oh, just in your general kind of way." (5/10)

Missing the next picks from silversurfer, thegreenarrow, Banks and Geezer. After tonight, will also need the next picks from Chien and W.

BarcaRulz
The Genie

Post by BarcaRulz »

BarcaRulz

Saving Private Ryan (1998) - Agreed that this is a truly talented cast, and i love big casts. But it really needs a re-watch because i have forgot the 'knife' scene, and also that Ted Danson apppears. Oh, btw barca, i watch The Prophet tonight, and i really enjoyed it, i watched the whole thing in one go,something that im prone to not achieving quite frequently. The lead character, Tamar something and Neils Aronstrop really did a fantastic job in their roles. Kudos for you pick, i will delve a little deeper into your unseen picks from now.
That's great mate. It truly was an amazing film.

Chienfantome
Tyler Durden

Post by Chienfantome »

Shryke - Liar Liar
Wowww... I don't think I have seen this since theater all those years ago... Hard to write a comment about it, except to say I remember being disappointed by how the film did not live up to the cool idea behind it.

Surfer - Rear Window
An amazing suspense film, one of the greatest ever made. It edned up just outside my Top 100, but if I rewatched it, it could end up inside of it. Such a gripping and tense film. One of Hitchcock's very best.

greearrow - Some like it hot
Sometimes, it's a film that feels so perfect I wonder if I could not get tired of watching. Then I watch it. And find out I cannot grow tired of it.

transformers - Hustle and Flow
A good film. There is a vibe to it, an atmosphere, an absence of morality, and a rhythm that makes it recommendable. And Terrence Howard is great in it.

Ozzy - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Ooooh those bloody frenchies. Bastards. ;) I listed it last week myself, so I'm pretty I 100% approve your love for this crazy comedy, Ozzy !

Ron B - Die Hard
The greatest action film Hollywood produced those past 30 years.

Buscemi - Fargo
Well well well, here's a Coen feature that is getting more and more appearances over here. And even if I did not pick it myself, I can only understand and agree with so many appearances. Their greatest film behind Lebowski.

Six - Lawrence of Arabia
I cannot wait to see this one some day on a big screen. I've never seen it in my childhood, and avoided it on purpose as an adult on TV or DVD to be able to discover it in a film theater.

Banks - True Romance
Tony Scott films I enjoy are very, very rare, and I'm afraid this is not one of them. Sure there are a few funny characters, but besides that...

Barca - Saving Private Ryan
One of the greatest war films ever made, one that redefined how war was depiected onscreen.

Geezer - Training Day
It was enjoyable, even if Washington was so OTT it was a bit annoying. But the cop chronicle it was was okay. And Hawke is great in it.

leestu - The Exorcist
Like I said to Six yesterday, I'm not a fan. It all seem a bit ridiculous to me. But I'll give it another shot if I ever come across it one of these days.

W - The Wizard of Oz
That's a childhood treasure you uncover here, W. I've loved this film very much as a child, and watched it a few times. I remember rewatching it a few years ago, as an adult, and still enjoying a lot. I like the thrill, I like the joy, I like the naiveté, I like the classic it is.

NSpan - Office Space
I love this film, but I really would have never guessed this would have appeared 8 times. It won't appear in mine.

UDM - Hotel Rwanda
A gentle fiml. A nice film. But nothing particularly great. It feels so much like it follows the path it is supposed to follow. I liked it, but it did not last on me.

JohnErle - The Blair Witch Project
I was astounded by it when I saw it in theater. I haven't seen it ever since, and probably won't, as I feel it wouldn't work a second time on TV as it worked the first time on the big screen.
Fluctuat nec mergitur

Shrykespeare
Site Admin

Post by Shrykespeare »

And we enter the 4th quarter.

MOVIE #25

Shrykespeare

Die Hard (1989)
– Director: John McTiernan; starring Bruce Willis, Alan Rickman, Bonnie Bedelia, William Atherton and Reginald Veljohnson. The list of what this film accomplished is a mile long. It became the template for one-man-army action films. It made Bruce Willis a bankable action star, a role that he has still not relinquished twenty years later. It had a terrific villain in Rickman’s Hans Gruber. It had some great personal moments, particularly the bonding between John McClane and L.A. cop Al Powell (Veljohnson). It had more memorable quotes than practically any movie since. Often imitated, never duplicated (though With a Vengeance came damn close), Die Hard remains the go-to movie for anyone with an action-itch that needs to be scratched. (7th appearance)

(Instead of posting the trailer AGAIN, here is a hilarious spoof of Die Hard from the short-lived Ben Stiller Show. Still gives me a chuckle.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGfmfPYiO1w

silversurfer

Ghost Busters (1984)
– Director: Ivan Reitman; starring Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Sigourney Weaver and Harold Ramis. Growing up during the 80s I was lucky enough to have lavish offerings of youth orientated entertainment in the form of hilarious, action packed movies with a slant of horror, and Ghost Busters was one of the very best. While many movies attempted to garner the same cult status Ghost Busters eventually claimed, it was Reitman's movie which captured all of the imagination of a young child, with it's flashy special effects, slime galore and not to mention a brilliant mix of scares and witty comedy. I for one was totally won over by it's style, and fell for everything linked to it which followed (cartoons, lunch boxes, computer games), and with Bill Murray in the role of his career the movie had a character with whom I have continued to love ever since. His brash, wisecracking, cocky demeanor, complemented by a script which captures the imagination of its audience with some truly ghoulish scares is a delight to watch. But while Murray is undoubtedly the star of the show, he is ably backed up by a terrific supporting cast, and Weaver is brilliant as the smart, seductive Dana Barrett who unwillingly becomes the key to unleashing the world of demons on NY. I'm still not sure if I'm all for the team of Ghost Busters being launched once more, and if Murray is not involved in any real capacity it will be to the movie's detriment, but if it can somehow capture the magic, fun and scares of the original movie, then we may be in for a treat for a whole new generation of paranormal investigators. (2nd appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u4FHmId-Y0

thegreenarrow

Amelie (2001)
– Director: Jean-Pierre Jeunet; starring Audrey Tautou, Mathieu Kassovitz, Rufus and Dominique Pinon. Amelie is such a delightfully beautiful movie, both visually and emotionally. Jeunet's romantic comedy with dark edges just oozes with quaint charm and magic, it's impossible not to enjoy every minute of the movie. It's so inspirational in fact, for my fashion course a couple of years ago I actually created a collection based on the visual delights of the movie. Filled with greens and reds, Jeunet was able to create such a sumptuous atmosphere within which to develop such an imaginative and creative narrative, and Audrey Tautou perfectly evokes all these qualities with a delightfully honest, childlike performance. (5th appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEFrLnS5sQY

transformers

Space Jam (1996)
- Director: Joe Pytka; starring Michael Jordan, Wayne Knight, Danny DeVito and Bill Murray. This is a complete nostalgia movie for me, it was my favorite movie as a kid. I saw it so many times and I loved every minute of it. I haven't seen in many years, but I have a feeling I would love it just as much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFwXDN3sI8g

englishozzy

Snatch (2000)
- Director: Guy Ritchie; starring Benicio Del Toro, Brad Pitt, Jason Statham and Vinnie Jones. A film that treads much of the same territory has Ritchie's debut feature, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, but has upped the ante with bigger stars, more money, and clever scenes. Ritchie's over stylized direction works well for this British gangster follow-up and shows why his potential is far greater than his end product at the moment. Some good turns from Pitt, who nails down the Pikey accent with alarming ease, and Statham, at ease in a role that he was born to play. Obviously for those who weren't a fan of Lock Stock would find this very much the same, but for a fan like me this feel really appealed to me. (3rd appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8jbt0wBkMI

Ron Burgundy

The Usual Suspects (1995)
- Director: Bryan Singer; starring Gabriel Byrne, Kevin Spacey, Chazz Palminteri, Steven Baldwin, Benicio Del Toro, Pete Postlewaithe and Kevin Pollak. When you see the Cop, Palminteri drop his coffee, well that’s how I felt at the end of this movie the first time I watched it, well almost anyway. This probably used to be my favourite movie, but it still makes my top 25. A terrific cast and a thrilling crime/mystery story about the infamous Keyser Soze. (6th appearance)

The infamous “lineup” scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfKr0om68Ko

Buscemi

Casino (1995)
- Director: Martin Scorsese; starring Robert DeNiro, Joe Pesci, Sharon Stone, James Woods and Don Rickles. Sure that it may be a bit similar to Scorsese's Goodfellas, but that doesn't mean that the film can't be just as good. The storytelling (a rise and fall of a Jewish mobster in the crime-run days of Las Vegas) is excellent and Scorsese's direction is great as always. I also really like the use of multiple narrators throughout the film since it done in a style that makes it conversational as well as a device to move the narrative along. I wish more films did narration in that style. The acting is also great, with DeNiro and Pesci once again showing their ability in working as a team. Some of their best acting has come when working together. Sharon Stone also gives possibly her best performance as DeNiro's wife. Films about the Jewish mafia or the glory days of Las Vegas are usually interesting. This is possibly the best film based on those two histories. (3rd appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZvG_jcX0g

Chienfantome

Oldboy (2003)
– Director : Park Chan-Wook, starring Choi Min-Sik, Yoo Ji-Tae and Kang Hye-Jeong. If I had to make a list of the Top 10 films that knocked me out when I first saw them, Oldboy would be among them. It was 2004, the year I fell in love with Korean cinema. Oldboy had just won the Grand Prix at the Cannes Film Festival, it was the most talked about film of the moment, and there was an advance screening in Paris a few weeks before its release. I went with a friend, and when the film was over, and we got out of the theater, I was walking unconscious. I didn’t know where I was. I had just been hit with a film that would resonate inside of me for a loooong time, I knew it instantly. I had already seen JSA (I think) and Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (I’m sure), two amazing films already, but this felt like a cinematographic explosion to me. It is a film so mind-blowing, so thought-provoking, so daring. There is so much to say about this film, about its riveting direction, its unpredictable screenplay, I can’t start or I’ll never stop. A couple of years ago, I met Choi Min-Sik in Paris’ Korean Cultural Center. He was there to talk about his career with a few French lucky bastards, and I was one of them. A friend of mine took a picture of me and him, he had his arm upon my shoulder, smiling, and all I was thinking was “Oh my God, I’m with Oh Dae-Soo from Oldboy”. I felt like a 15 year-old fanboy. (6th appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paw9Myjf2gA&NR=1

numbersix

Sunset Boulevard (1950)
- Director: Billy Wilder; starring William Holden, Gloria Swanson, Erich Von Stroheim and Nancy Olson. I think Chien said it earlier, and I tend to agree: while there’s much to appreciate about classic film-noir, it’s the films that play with this genre’s conventions that are the more memorable. Wilder showed us all how to make noir with Double Indemnity, but for me this is far superior (Ace in the Hole almost made my Top 100 also, a noir that satirizes media hype). There’s also satire in this film, a story about an unsuccessful writer who can’t afford his bills and ends up living with a faded silent movie star, Norma Desmond (it helps that the film utilizes a lot of celebrities from the time, including Cecil B DeMille and Buster Keaton). Wilder’s magnificent cinematographic eye is complimented by a dark story of obsession and our craving for fame. Both Desmond and Gillis want the same thing, just in different, clashing ways. But for one of them the desire turns to delusion, and the film culminates by showing us the tragedy of our unrealized ambitions.

Here’s the opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nlEaKHqX-o

Banks

The Prestige (2006)
- Director: Christopher Nolan; starring Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale and Scarlett Johannson. If there ever was a magic trick of a movie, The Prestige is it. It’s got amazing sleight-of-hand that’ll have you looking in a completely opposite direction at all times, and most of that is due to the awesome, as always, direction of Mr. Nolan. Bale and Jackman are good as rival magicians who stop at nothing to figure out the other’s signature tricks, but this is really a director’s showcase. Only Nolan could make something this good as an exercise in-between big-budget Batman films. (4th appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4gHCmTQDVI

BarcaRulz

The Prestige (2006)
- Director: Christopher Nolan; starring Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johansen, Michael Caine, Piper Perabo, Andy Serkis and David Bowie. Another amazing film by an amazing filmmaker. Nolan does it again with this well-paced and highly suspenseful driller (drama/thriller). The acting is fantastic, the script is superb, and the mood set by the film ensures you are 100% entrenched in the goings-on for the entire duration. (5th appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4gHCmTQDVI

Geezer

American History X (1998)
- Director: Tony Kaye; starring Edward Norton, Edward Furlong and Beverly D'Angelo. Edward Norton is one of my top 3 favorite actors, and this movie is no small part of the reason why. He is so damn good in this film that it’s as if you don't need anyone else in the cast, because they don't really matter. Norton's performance is mesmerizing in an extremely emotional film. It’s hard not to feel strongly, one way or another, about American History X, and I am decidedly on the side of the positive. It’s a film that stays with you long after you've finished watching. (4th appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXaZENPQrsw

leestu

A Clockwork Orange (1971)
- Director: Stanley Kubrick; starring Malcolm McDowell, Patrick Magee and Michael Bates. One of the few movies I have seen in a cinema more than once. Actually I have only ever seen it on the big screen and I probably wouldn’t want to watch it any other way. Luckily it seems to get a screening every few years. (6th appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-zRtT5jPLA

W

The Scout (1994)
- Director: Michael Ritchie; starring Albert Brooks, Brendan Fraser and Dianne Wiest. Albert Brooks is a Yankees scout that keeps bringing players that don't pan out, to put it nicely. He is sent to scout in Mexico as punishment and finds Steve Nebraska (Brendan Fraser), the best fastball pitcher and pure hitter to play the game. He gets Steve to come with him and is abruptly fired over the phone which moves him from Yankee scout to Steve's manager. He then finds out that Steve has mental problems stemming from an abusive father and has internalized all of those feelings and focuses only on the game. The movie is more about that than the game of baseball itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oW6eo4Pe7k

NSpan

Wake Up, Ron Burgundy / Anchorman (1994)
– Director: Adam McKay; starring Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd, David Koechner and Steve Carell. In my opinion, these two edits (of the same film) should have been kept together. It'd a magnum opus of comedy. Perhaps too lengthy for mainstream-consumption... but fuck it. (BTW: No idea why Step Brothers isn't listed in my Top 100... When I recompile it, it'll be there.) Adam McKay has some serious talent--despite his hit-and-miss directorial filmography. For any fans of Anchorman who hasn't seen Wake Up Ron Burgundy, get your hands on it ASAP. Obviously, it isn't nearly as polished as the theatrical version--but the jokes are just as strong. (3rd appearance)

Wake Up, Ron Burgundy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bY03Qcc0LU (part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmvbcMLxdrU (part 2)

undeadmonkey

Gladiator (2000)
- Director: Ridley Scott; starring Russell Crowe, Joaquin Phoenix and Connie Nielsen. This movie is just perfectly made. Perfect acting, perfect story, perfect atmosphere that is made by awesome cinematography and score. There really just isn’t much else to say about it. While so many films nowadays try to be huge and epic, it flows with ease in this film. (3rd appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1rNFuKFTnc

JohnErle

L.A. Confidential (1997)
– Director: Curtis Hanson; starring Russell Crowe, Kevin Spacey, Guy Pearce, Kim Basinger, James Cromwell and Danny DeVito. Remarkable screenplay that introduced me to one of my favourite actors, Russell Crowe, and contains two of the greatest sequences in any cop movie - Ed Exley's interrogation scene and the ultimate good cop/bad cop scene. (4th appearance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4XbnrmbEME

Die Hard is now #4. Usual Suspects and Clockwork Orange are #8 and #9, respectively. Prestige, Oldboy and Amelie also crack the Top 25. And #100 is now a tie between Casablanca and Hot Rod (probably the first time in history those two films have been mentioned in the same sentence, huh?).

Buscemi
CONGRATS! You may now chose your own rank!

Post by Buscemi »

The Ben Stiller Show! I got the complete series at Big Lots two years ago for $3.

Some of my favorite sketches from that show:

Counting With Bruce Springsteen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV5iHgdRQRg

B Minus Time Traveler (parody of Quantum Leap)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGjKL9UZiMU

Cape Munster (yes, that's the co-creator of Mr. Show as the Nick Nolte parody)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP7f7YRdCWU
Everything on this post is strictly the opinion and only the opinion of Buscemi.

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/1244530511 ... 9GBj16VEmr

Ron Burgundy
Red Redding

Post by Ron Burgundy »

MOVIE #25

Wow, 8 films that appear on my list appear today, and another 3 that almost made it. Best round so far, and so it should be ;)

Shrykespeare

Die Hard (1989) – Obviously i agree with the excellent choice, the first of 8 that made my list this round.

silversurfer

Ghost Busters (1984) –This movie only just missed my list, i had watched it just before the countdown and i pretty much forgot how awesome it was. And yeah the cast is great too.

thegreenarrow

Amelie (2001) – Well, the is a truly unique movie, i know this would be close to my own top 100. And i expect it to appear at least once more. Audrey Tatou, though ive seen in limited screen time, i believe she wont top this.

transformers

Space Jam (1996) - This is one that ive seen over 15 times, and probably because i owned this as a kid, and never got sick of it, and probably because its got Michael Jordan, and im a big basketabll fan. Bill Murray is great in it too. And the only other movies ive seen as much or more are: Aladdin, Aristocats, The Holy Grail and offcourse Anchorman and maybe The Return of Jafar (shame) :oops:

englishozzy

Snatch (2000) - I am one of those rare RS dudes who apprieciate this, good pick. 2nd that made my list.

Ron Burgundy

The Usual Suspects (1995) - How about Peter Greene? 8-)

Buscemi

Casino (1995) - Glad to see this has now appeared 3 times, it deserves a bit of credit. De Niro and Pesci are terrific. Stone and Woods are great too. 3rd one that made my list

Chienfantome

Oldboy (2003) – The 4th to appear on my list this round. Damn, now im jealous, you met that guy! A great movie, and really should be seen by those who haven't its a good intro to Asian cinema: shryke, tranny, W, banks and UDM

numbersix

Sunset Boulevard (1950) - Seeing your list makes me feel that ill always find another good movie to watch, a little like when i see UDM's unseen movies and just feel ridiculous with envy. Ill put this on the list.

Banks/BarcaRulz

The Prestige (2006) - Ok, i did enjoy this quite a bit the first time i watched this, it had such a special atmosphere, but after watching it for the 3rd time i just didnt feel it had same impact. I am a big fan of Bale and Jackman though so it was a treat to see them play against each other.

Geezer

American History X (1998) - Another that made my list, the 5th! I watched this the other night and just have to confirm with your comments on Norton, he's probably my fav too.

leestu

A Clockwork Orange (1971) - Almost made my list. A very powerful film.

W

The Scout (1994) - Have not seen enough. Probably wont chase it down for a while either.

NSpan

Wake Up, Ron Burgundy / Anchorman (1994) – I dont need to say how much a love this movie.

undeadmonkey

Gladiator (2000) - Another that made my list. A Very good swords and sandals movie.

JohnErle

L.A. Confidential (1997) – And yet another to cross my list. Its coming up for me soon.
“One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands.” — Dale